Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Is this game running slowly?

[Post New]by Staril on Feb 24, 18 2:01 AM
I'm on a brand new PC and this game seems to be very slow. Everything, from the movement of the cursor to the animations. Other games are fine.

Or do I just need to kick the PC?

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Is this game running slowly?

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 24, 18 5:07 AM
Staril wrote:I'm on a brand new PC and this game seems to be very slow. Everything, from the movement of the cursor to the animations. Other games are fine.

Or do I just need to kick the PC?

I think its the game, I have a new computer and I have to grab the inventory items 4 or 5 times before it picks up the object, features are slow to respond.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

Re:Is this game running slowly?

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 24, 18 7:32 AM
I didn't have any problems on Win10PC.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 24, 18 7:51 AM
Majestyx12 wrote:I didn't have any problems on Win10PC.

What did you think about it? I loved the first game, the second was close, but the last 3 aren't nearly as good?

Edited on 02/24/2018 at 7:55:47 AM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 24, 18 8:11 AM
pennmom36 wrote:

What did you think about it? I loved the first game, the second was close, but the last 3 aren't nearly as good?

I wrote what I thought in the forum reviews for this one. The other games I wrote what I thought in the customer reviews.

Edited on 02/24/2018 at 8:14:30 AM PST

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Feb 24, 18 8:28 AM
Have y'all noticed that these games are like movies? The first one comes out, it's great and developers think they are on to a good thing and put out a sequel, and it's downhill from there. I haven't d/l the demo on this one yet so I'll go see but, from the reviews it doesn't look promising.

Edited: Well I bit, wanted to see what happened. Graphics great, didn't turn the sound on, colorful, story line OK, lots and lots of puzzles TYG for the fairly skip. Not very original name for "Princess" since she wasn't. I didn't mind the dog, I could ignore him, but, that old reprobate of a pirate for a hint was irritating. Would have put a sticky note over him if I could have. Thought it was a really easy game for beginners.

Edited on 02/24/2018 at 1:26:38 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 24, 18 9:33 AM
Penny1942 wrote:Have y'all noticed that these games are like movies? The first one comes out, it's great and developers think they are on to a good thing and put out a sequel, and it's downhill from there. I haven't d/l the demo on this one yet so I'll go see but, from the reviews it doesn't look promising.

It makes you wonder why the older games were so much better, is it just because they were so new to the genre? I have to believe this isn't the case because I can still, to this day, replay those older games over and over and still think they are fantastic.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 24, 18 10:27 AM
Agree, like Syberia I & II. Beautiful video, music and story. i miss games like this. I will download this one anyway and hope it runs well. Happy Saturday.

RIHope08
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by RIHope08 on Feb 24, 18 12:50 PM
Just a thought, it might be the special effects that is causing the slowness. In the options on bottom right there is a button to click off. I am going to try it. Happy gaming,

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Feb 24, 18 7:18 PM
Majestyx12 wrote:
pennmom36 wrote:

I wrote what I thought in the forum reviews for this one. The other games I wrote what I thought in the customer reviews.

Outstanding

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 25, 18 3:46 AM
RIHope08 wrote:Just a thought, it might be the special effects that is causing the slowness. In the options on bottom right there is a button to click off. I am going to try it. Happy gaming,

Just wondering if turning off the special effects worked?

Go to: