dancebear
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Was a great game until technical glitches began

[Post New]by dancebear on Jun 27, 10 5:48 PM
Giving up on this not because its too hard or no fun but because the game just won't work correctly. Too bad it was looking very interesting.

Was a great game until technical glitches began

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Jun 28, 10 6:48 AM
dancebear wrote:Giving up on this not because its too hard or no fun but because the game just won't work correctly. Too bad it was looking very interesting.

Hi dancebear

Sorry I didn't see your post before today.

Don't give up - I've sent you a PM with my contact details so I can send you a saved game. It cures all the glitches and lets you continue without further problems.

Best wishes
Karen
Arberth Studios

Re:Was a great game until technical glitches began

[Post New]by helpneeded on Jul 30, 10 12:07 AM
I made it to Chapter 2 and tried to picked up crayons and paper from drawer. I received an error message "Script runtime error. View log for details. I cannot resolve this issue. I see I can get a saved game from Chapter 2; which hopefully will solve my problem. Am not sure who to send this to though.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Jul 30, 10 6:30 AM
helpneeded wrote:I made it to Chapter 2 and tried to picked up crayons and paper from drawer. I received an error message "Script runtime error. View log for details. I cannot resolve this issue. I see I can get a saved game from Chapter 2; which hopefully will solve my problem. Am not sure who to send this to though.

Hi

I've sent you a PM so I can arrange to send you a saved game.

Best wishes
Karen
Arberth Studios

[Post New]by Cogliostro on Aug 13, 10 9:42 PM
At various points during the game I would accomplish a goal but it would not show up in the notes and I would have problems continuing. It did not recognize that I read an email and thus did not tell me to go to the holly tree, I already had that in mind, but it was the first glitch.

While solving water, it would not recognize that I read the article in Jen's office. I just happened to trigger the next hint in the notes by going into her lab/studio, and was able to continue.

Now I'm in Chapter 4: Fire The first go around I was able to trigger the ghost event so that I could get the ring & saddle. But then it didn't recognize that I did have them. I had not idea what fire-color-symbol combos would be required and to be honest, I liked the game enough to want to see how that played out. So I reloaded a episode from an earlier chapter and ran through the riddles a second time. Now I can't the ghost to come back.

Closed game, restarted, same problem, no ghost and thus I cannot complete Chapter 4. All of this is a shame because I have high standards for my adventure games and Rhiannon has been great on so many levels. To botch a technical issue has been... unfortunate.

Hoping for a SAVED GAME fix.

Edited on 08/13/2010 at 9:44:33 PM PST

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Aug 14, 10 12:56 AM
Hi Cogliostro

I've sent you a PM but just wanted to make a few suggestions here as I don't think you have any glitches, I think it's just the way the game is designed that maybe not what you are expecting.

For example, the note telling you to read the article doesn't get crossed off when you've read it because the game can't be sure you've actually read it just because you've picked it up. So the note won't get crossed off until the game knows that you've used the information in the article to solve the puzzle. However, once you've picked up the article, it allows you to collect the items that you need in Jen's lab.

Now you're in the fire chapter it sounds like you've missed picking up the information that tells you what you need to collect to combine with the fire items.
Highlight the spoiler text below for the answer..

On the top floor of the mill is a poster on the wall which lists varous chemicals you need to find.

The ghost that allows you into the coffin room is triggered only if you have found the safe and clicked on the combination lock. It sounds like you did that first time round but haven't done it since you started again.

I've given you my email address in my PM so please email me if you need any further help. I honestly don't think you need a saved game - you just need to have triggered the events and collected all the right inventory items.

Hope that helps
Karen

[Post New]by Cogliostro on Aug 14, 10 4:40 PM
kazkaz1957 wrote:Hi Cogliostro

I've sent you a PM but just wanted to make a few suggestions here as I don't think you have any glitches, I think it's just the way the game is designed that maybe not what you are expecting.

...SNIP...

Hope that helps
Karen

You're right, there were no technical glitches. The only issue is that the NOTES may not cross off goals when they are complete and that threw me off.

- Cogliostro

Go to: