Darlene1225
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Reason not to do Castle Challenge

[Post New]by Darlene1225 on Feb 25, 18 4:09 PM
There is a Castle Challenges coming up on Feb 26 and March 6 where we need to use 50 items in Zoom Zone's. That is a 100 ZZ items. I had to do a 100 HOS's to get them is it worth it to just get another Avatar? I have a 102 Avatars and only use a few of them. I did the CC until Feb 24th I don't think I will continue, we are not rewarded enough. We are giving up a lot of items, time, and coins just for a Avatar we will use for a short time. I think we should at least be rewarded with 1000 coins for the first Avatar 3000 for the second and 5000 or the third plus Avatar's.

Anyone else agree.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Reason not to do Castle Challenge

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 25, 18 4:26 PM
A good idea ---- and it is certain that the whole CC concept needs to be reconsidered and reworked.
I don't necessarily mind giving up assets, but the rewards need to be changed or mixed up somehow. The avatars are getting very, very old.

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Feb 25, 18 4:37 PM
I'd like the third prize to be a special pet. It eats simple food; gives 1 of every airship item, 250 coins, 1 diamond, a highly prized item (blood lotus or similar), 10 shards, and a random item in each chest; and has a sleep time of 20 hours. It can't be woken up.

PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Feb 25, 18 4:37 PM
I like that idea of rewards. I am doing the CC, but because I love a challenge. I am not so excited about these avatars as I was with others in the past. But I will try my best to get them.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Feb 25, 18 5:36 PM
The rewards would have to be more than 1,000 + 3,000 + 5,000 = 9,000 for me to play , more like 5,000 + 10,000 + 15,000 = 30,000 . I know , In My Dreams LOL

Darlene1225
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Darlene1225 on Feb 25, 18 6:56 PM
Nothing wrong with dreaming big they can always go down but they will never go up, So why not go higher . Wish I would have thought about that first.....

Thanks Arizona63Tucson I live in Chandler AZ

Edited on 02/25/2018 at 7:00:04 PM PST

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Feb 25, 18 8:48 PM
SOME OF YOU HAVE FIGURED OUT WHAT I DID WHEN I SAW THE FIRST CC. I WAS LATE TO THEM MISSED A WHOLE YEAR.

LOOKED AT WHAT THEY WANTED LOOKED AT WHAT I HAD AND SAID NOT WORTH IT. I DID DO PART OF THE CC DURING THE CHRISTMAS EVENT. BUT ONLY BECAUSE I WAS ALSO WORKING ON LEVELING UP. 2 BIRDS 1 STONE. GOT THE FIRST AVATAR. THEN I WAS AT THE END OF MY QUESTS SO I STOPPED.

SURE SOME OF THE AVATARS ARE NICE. I AM JUST NOT THE TYPE WHO GOES FOR ACHIEVEMENTS. IF I GET THEM OK IF NOT DOES NOT MATTER TO ME. IT IS THE GAME I COME TO MC FOR NOT THE ACHIEVEMENTS.

I PLAY SLOW SO I WILL NEVER AGAIN GET TO THE END OF THE CONTENT AND HAVE TO WAIT. NOT INTO WAITING. I WILL DO SOMETHING ELSE AND NOT THE GAME IF I HAVE TO WAIT.

YOU KNOW LOG IN GIFT GET BOX SPIN WHEEL VISIT ROOMS AND LEAVE TILL I CAN DO IT OVER AGAIN. BUT WITH 7 GAMES EVEN THAT TAKES SOME TIME.

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Feb 26, 18 12:37 PM
I really like the challenges -- once you're maxed out, it gives you a goal to work toward in the castle. As far as the zoom zone tasks, I combine them with daily and blue-key quests, so I'm never just opening zz's just to open them. And lately Trina ONLY wants HOS and ZZs from me, I think I've had six Trina quests in a row that only demand those! So I can apply my zoom-zone labors to three tasks at once -- trina, daily quest, and challenge.

I don't always love the avatars, but I like completing a challenge so I'll keep doing them.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Feb 26, 18 1:24 PM
I'm with begwood1. I enjoy the challenges and the strategy of combining the tasks with the DQs and blue key quests. If the reward were coins, though, I don't think I would take on the challenge. There is nothing to spend coins on, except the Wheel of Fortune, and I'd be earning coins already by working towards each challenge doing the rounds.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 26, 18 1:29 PM
I agree with begwood.

It is something to work on.

If zoom zone items are in short supply, exchange more with more friends and do some extra rounds of the castle.

The game is meant to be fun. There is a ton of stuff to keep players occupied.
We are really only competing with ourselves.

For players that don't enjoy the seasonal challenges, they can be overlooked.
(but I still like them)

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Feb 26, 18 1:57 PM
I think offering coins as a reward for completing the cc is a brilliant idea!
I still believe coins is the hardest thing to get in this game, maybe not for those in level 84 lol but the road to get there is soooo expensive!
I think many things can be nice and helpful, but the avatars... I am usually doing the cc, as I like challenges too, but part of their fun is the rewards. The avatars don't even give any special perks (like for example: giving extra coins when using them lol) It should offer something extra.

Knim
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by Knim on Feb 26, 18 3:22 PM
I have to limit my playing time and CC is the first thing I give up. Like others say, it is not a loss but really a savings of inventory and health. Still love MC. TOAD/Otter/MOUSE

Firedragon13
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Firedragon13 on Feb 27, 18 4:23 PM
Just do parts you like and pass on the ones you do not.. i am not big on Trina quest but do some when a I am in the mood! I some CC but not others. And some only do parts.

There is something for everyone!!!

Think the devs do a great job!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 27, 18 4:56 PM
Wellllll, IF I were JUST doing the Castle Challenge.....I would agree that it is quite expensive.

However, I have been able to couple the airship sendings with DQs (and sometimes with Trina)......and I have successfully completed DQs on days we needed to either open ZZs or use x number of items in ZZs.

Of course, I do admit that on this last "use 50 items in ZZs" I got a couple of very nasty ones that I probably would have passed on if it weren't for the CC.

For those who are persevering...I think the worst of it is behind us.....

Day 22 .... examine HOSs 20x in 30 min ..... easy peasy

Day 23 .... help friends 3x ..... easy peasy

Day 24 .... get 3000 coins in 4 hours ..... relatively easy (probably 2 hours max)

Day 25 .... craft 30 items ..... easy peasy ..... craft Simple Pet Food

Day 26 .... collect 70 morphing objects in 1 hour .... easy peasy

Day 27 .... complete 3 parts of DQs ..... relatively easy (and extra days to follow if needed)

Day 28 .... use 50 items in ZZs in 24 hours ..... (hardest one left .... hoping for good DQs)

Day 29 .... collect 40 airship items from HOSs ..... easy peasy

Day 30 .... get 3 rare stamps ..... easy peasy with help from friends

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 28, 18 2:29 AM
Annelliegram wrote:Wellllll, IF I were JUST doing the Castle Challenge.....I would agree that it is quite expensive.

However, I have been able to couple the airship sendings with DQs (and sometimes with Trina)......and I have successfully completed DQs on days we needed to either open ZZs or use x number of items in ZZs.

Of course, I do admit that on this last "use 50 items in ZZs" I got a couple of very nasty ones that I probably would have passed on if it weren't for the CC.

For those who are persevering...I think the worst of it is behind us.....

Day 22 .... examine HOSs 20x in 30 min ..... easy peasy

Day 23 .... help friends 3x ..... easy peasy

Day 24 .... get 3000 coins in 4 hours ..... relatively easy (probably 2 hours max)

Day 25 .... craft 30 items ..... easy peasy ..... craft Simple Pet Food

Day 26 .... collect 70 morphing objects in 1 hour .... easy peasy

Day 27 .... complete 3 parts of DQs ..... relatively easy (and extra days to follow if needed)

Day 28 .... use 50 items in ZZs in 24 hours ..... (hardest one left .... hoping for good DQs)

Day 29 .... collect 40 airship items from HOSs ..... easy peasy

Day 30 .... get 3 rare stamps ..... easy peasy with help from friends

day 24....easy peasy....selling an item or two
day 27...not using extra days...amulet if needed
day 28....easy peasy...using same zz as last time, one that takes 5 items stocked up.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 28, 18 12:17 PM
In general, susiewastaken, I tend to agree with your assessment if I were to post regarding my own game only.....however, I mostly posted for the average player who doesn't have the coin and inventory reserves that my game has.

My reasoning for ....

Day 24 .... if someone didn't want to just sell something, it wouldn't take long to get the coins by doing a few HOSs ...... I have plenty of Ancestor's Spirit, a 5000 egg or two, and some other high dollar crafted items that I could sell to knock this out within a matter of seconds....However, not all players have that opportunity.......so, I was posting for the average player .......and, since I need/want airship items, I will be doing HOSs to get the coins.

Day 27 .... you only have to complete 3 PARTS of a DQ ..... that would be 1 entire 3-part if you get one....or just the first 3 parts of a 5- or 10-part ..... so no amulet would be needed......HOWEVER, if I get Three Days of the Castle Explorer, I shall NOT be doing that one and will pass until the next day. There are a couple DQs that I simply refuse to do.

Day 28 .... many players are maxed out, so they don't have character quests to couple this with. I easily have enough in every one of the ZZs to be able to knock this one out if I just chose to use some of the lesser used ZZs ......but, I still want to get double value for my "spending" ..... so I will still hope for the DQs that I will do and that will count toward the CC.

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

Reason not to do Castle Challenge

[Post New]by Howdah on Mar 3, 18 1:16 AM
Darlene1225 wrote: There is a Castle Challenges coming up on Feb 26 and March 6 where we need to use 50 items in Zoom Zone's. That is a 100 ZZ items. I had to do a 100 HOS's to get them is it worth it to just get another Avatar? I have a 102 Avatars and only use a few of them. I did the CC until Feb 24th I don't think I will continue, we are not rewarded enough. We are giving up a lot of items, time, and coins just for a Avatar we will use for a short time. I think we should at least be rewarded with 1000 coins for the first Avatar 3000 for the second and 5000 or the third plus Avatar's.

Anyone else agree.

Using 50 items in ZZ is not 100 HOS. For example, the binding egg uses 3 items. I am not particularly working on this CC, but am on track as of now. I have been working on crafting a lot of items to shard, so am doing a lot of ZZs. The only CCs i have actually worked on are the ones that have a time limit to complete. The others have been doing themselves while I am doing other things.

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Mar 3, 18 4:55 AM
A good reason not to do Castle Challenges is... you don't like/want to do them.

Offering coin as a reward would have no significance, judging how easy it was to get the 4000 in coin (and not selling anything) for today's challenge.

However, many of us DO love to do Challenges, perhaps because we like collecting avatars, and (as I find), don't lose ground in coin, but in fact, gain it.

The inventory required for ZZ challenges is really not so much. if you are willing to do the rounds.

Let me ask this perhaps volatile question...Do we want Challenges to be watered down? Is everything to be made easy? I choose NO.

Heck, if all you want is more coin, then DO THE ROUNDS for both inventory and coin. That is the purpose of the game supposedly. * Edited to add the intriguing story of the Castle.

Advancing can occur both in events and challenges, so please don't try to take away others' pleasure in this particular aspect of the game.

Edited on 03/03/2018 at 3:07:55 PM PST

Aurora378
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Aurora378 on Mar 3, 18 5:22 AM
I'm maxed out at Level 84 so the Blue Key quests are back. This makes getting items for ZZs very easy. I have every Blue Quest character open and all the items for any ZZ all ready to go. I'm just waiting until Day 28 to actually complete the ZZs so they count toward the achievement. If a Blue Key quest doesn't include a ZZ, I complete it and continue on until I find one that does. I figure I have about 30 items all lined up and ready to go using this approach. I'll do as many Blue Key Quests as needed to complete the remaining 50 items on Day 28. Shouldn't be too bad!

Edited to fix typo.

Edited on 03/03/2018 at 5:57:03 AM PST

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Mar 3, 18 11:04 AM
Wow...that's a lot of ZZ items...wtf were they thinking?

Go to: