bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Post any 4 Elements technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 28, 10 9:21 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help articles have helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Mac Game Errors

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any 4 Elements technical issues here only

[Post New]by Evildarklink on Jul 25, 10 12:42 PM
When I launch the game from my Game Manager, it launches fullscreen and minimize right away... If I try to restore it, it minimizes again... I don't know what I'm doing wrong... Other games didn't seem to behave like that

[Post New]by Misty131173 on Jul 26, 10 4:05 PM
That happens to most of my games in game manager, it wants to load than minimizes without being able to play the game.
I can play the game when my winows task manager is going nuts.
Vista BF conflicting???

Cannot uninstall 4 Elements

[Post New]by gama2girls on Aug 23, 10 12:10 PM
I have completed the 4 Elements game and I cannot uninstall the game. I keep getting the message that the game is still running and to exit the game before trying to uninstall. I have exited several times and it does not clear it. Cradle of Persia is the same way. The computer says it is still running. How can I clear these games?

[Post New]by boopsieones on Nov 29, 10 6:57 PM
I have just discovered 4 Elements and was really looking forward to playing it, even bought it so I could do the whole thing; HOWEVER (even after a re-install) I keep getting the error message

Access violation at 0x005387DA (tried to read from 0x00000000) , program terminated.

What the heck is THAT? I've emailed your customer service folk, but haven't seen any answer.

Thanks for info.

[Post New]by airracer on Jan 3, 11 6:38 PM
I am trying to open my free hour from game manager and error window pops up, " Cannot find import; Dll may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version. File "BASS.dll" error 998. What the heck does that one mean? Please Help.

n2gc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by n2gc on Jan 22, 11 12:05 PM
Alright, had the game working, shut down the PC and now
the game when loaded comes up with an access violation
0X004IIIDP. Was working fine now nothing. Other games
load and play. Figures this would happen with the only
game I've gone and BOUGHT !

Whats going with this. Asked for help from the support,
nothing from them but it's only been a few hrs. Be nice
if I could go back to playing. Yes, all the anti virus has been
shut down. Yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled a number of
times. Yes, I did a system restore to an earlier time, etc..

Wonder if I would of had this prob with Spin top Games ?

n2gc

n2gc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by n2gc on Jan 23, 11 8:38 AM
Well, I'm not getting any answer with this error, so I loaded the
game on an external drive I have and all is working. It's not
my main drive, it's something doing with the app to my main
drive. Oh well.

Edited on 01/23/2011 at 8:39:34 AM PST

[Post New]by stylediva on May 28, 11 11:00 PM
oh wot to post!!!!
i dont know

[Post New]by TechMum on Jul 2, 11 7:36 AM
boopsieones wrote:I have just discovered 4 Elements and was really looking forward to playing it, even bought it so I could do the whole thing; HOWEVER (even after a re-install) I keep getting the error message

Access violation at 0x005387DA (tried to read from 0x00000000) , program terminated.

What the heck is THAT? I've emailed your customer service folk, but haven't seen any answer.

Thanks for info.

Exactly the same issue here. Just bought the game for my daughter and she can't play it.

Any known solutions please?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 2, 11 8:46 AM
Hey TechMum,

An Access Violation error message can happen for a variety of reasons. For more information and for troubleshooting steps, please take a look at this help article:

Access Violation

If this doesn't help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that our reps can assist you further. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

I can't write my name to create a user

[Post New]by EmilieDuus on Oct 22, 11 6:07 PM
When I open up the game, and the "create a user/type a name" box appears, I can't write my name there, because mine includes the letter "E", but when I start typing my name, the box disappears and the game goes into an "epilogue-screen" for the game. Now, that is ridiculous! Most common names/nicknames or just words, includes the letter "E".

So, how do I fix it? I'm sure it's because of some sort of a "shortcut-key", which leads to the "epilogue-screen" of the game.

- This is quite annoying, because I can't save the game in my own name. I have to create one, which do not includes the letter "E" at any point.

- Emilie.

Post any 4 Elements technical issues here only

[Post New]by saradaniel on Feb 6, 12 11:34 PM
bfgZambezi wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help articles have helped resolve common display issues in the past.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=175">Mac Game Errors</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Apr 24, 12 7:44 AM
Is anyone else having problems getting the demo to open so they can play it?

I don't recall ever having this problem before. My demo shows I have 30 minutes of game play time left on it... so it obviously opened for me at some earlier date when I was considering it.

Guess I'll have to send off a note to Customer Support or do a Live Chat.

Classicaljazz

Completed as time ran out now crashing.

[Post New]by Cyberpawz on May 16, 13 8:47 AM
The game 4 Elements, I am On the Water Turtle (Spot the difference), and each time I get to it, the game crashes.

Now here is what happened, the level before it, I was watching the water flow over the word done as it exploded. My time ran out, well you know, another message came up and said, level completed.

I think the game is not only confused, but now it crashes every time the game starts.

Any help or ideas on how to fix this?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 16, 13 10:13 AM
Hey Cyberpawz,

Thanks for letting us know about these issues! I'd check for any video card driver updates, which can often help with crashing issues. I've included a link that has instructions for that below. (Just click on the blue text!)

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help please be sure to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

Go to: