Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Chronicles of Jonah and the Whale here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 26, 18 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/26/2018 at 8:25:11 AM PST

zahorb
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Chronicles of Jonah and the Whale here.

[Post New]by zahorb on Feb 26, 18 7:46 AM
Tried to play the demo. When I opened it there is just a blank white screen. I'm using Windows 10.

Lisa_41
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_41 on Feb 26, 18 7:58 AM
VERY slow!!! I've re-downloaded it and it's still really slow!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 26, 18 8:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 26, 18 8:33 AM
Hello zahorb and Lisa_41,

I understand there are some display issues and performance issues while playing the game. Both of these sorts of troubles can have similar causes, so let's go over some troubleshooting to see if we can get things working better.

If a game is having trouble displaying its graphics properly, this can cause a blank screen or performance issues resulting from the game not being able to effectively or efficiently open up its files. We can address these potential causes by making sure the game has the best resources and permissions available for it. Steps to try out for these cases can be found here:

Run Game as Administrator
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For our Windows 10 players specifically, the following article has some additional tips:

Windows 10

Should these tips not resolve the described issues, please contact our Technical Support Team. You're also welcome to PM one of our Moderators with any questions that may remain. We'll do whatever we can to help.

bfgArinelle

Joanken
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Joanken on Feb 26, 18 8:41 AM
Same as Lisa. Too slow to play. Uninstalled and reinstalled. No change.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 26, 18 11:42 AM
The first time I downloaded this game, it immediately said my trial had expired, I hadn't even opened the game yet!

Could it be a sign from up above?

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Feb 26, 18 4:10 PM
When I opened up the game I had a window pop up, saying I will have problems on windows 10 and it gave me the optioned of playing in windowed mode. I declined and then I just had a white screen.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 26, 18 5:06 PM
margit50 wrote:When I opened up the game I had a window pop up, saying I will have problems on windows 10 and it gave me the optioned of playing in windowed mode. I declined and then I just had a white screen.

I received the same pop up notification, I selected the option to load the game normally, and it took me to the main game page (but that was my second installation attempt)

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 27, 18 10:45 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all the additional details. Since it sounds like this may be related to Windows 10 not necessarily getting along well with the game, let's try out the steps from the following articles to see if they help get things better:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game
Windows 10

As for the free trial showing up as expired upon first installation, pennmom36, that generally indicates something went wrong during the download of the trial. Our best bet in these situations is to reinstall the trial following the uninstalling tips from above and then redownloading the trial.

Download a Trial Game

If the issues continue after trying out these tips, please let our Technical Support Team know. PMs to our Moderators are also welcome, so feel free to send one with any questions that remain. We're happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 27, 18 10:57 AM
@bfgArinelle

Thanks for the info, and it did indeed install the full playable demo on the second attempt. Since you've been working way too hard lately, 's are on the house. (psst: just don't let the get to it first)

ps can we get some new emojis, the gopher wants to retire and the emoji retired in 1970-something

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 1, 18 10:56 AM
Hey pennmom36,

Glad everything worked out with the trial version! The drinks are appreciated, by the way, and they're extra appreciated if that cherry in the glass means it's a Manhattan. Maybe can even join in for a drink! Retirement may not be in the cards right now, but everyone needs a vacation from time to time.

As the other emote, c'mon now. Let's give a chance.

bfgArinelle

Go to: