West kingdom - iron post

[Post New]by gazagelle on Jun 29, 10 9:22 AM
Hello,

I' m stuck on the latest level of the west kingdom (iron post) More and more trolls are coming even at the beginning, and I can't find a way to survive.

Help would be appreciated

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm belgian)

Thanks

pugmom2
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:West kingdom - iron post

[Post New]by pugmom2 on Jul 1, 10 4:49 PM
Here's what I did. I repaired and sold everything. Then I purchased workers to total 8 (did not buy a hero). Then I purchased as equally as possible as much wood and stone as there was money for leaving enough to purchase a stone quary and a lumber mill (I purchased these only after all the towers were built). Then I buit Wizard Towers and upgraded them (3 or 4 I think) and then 2 or 3 Mage Towers and upgraded them. You can then start to build your town.
Hope this helps. Good Luck!

RuthieJo
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by RuthieJo on Jul 1, 10 11:57 PM
I repaired everything and sold everything, except the farm and the windmill. These I upgraded.

I bought 2000 lumber and 2000 stone,and bought 4 workers. I built two mage towers, one on each end of town. Then upgraded them to royals. then I built a lumber mill and a stone quarry and upgraded them to royal. Added two more farms and upgraded them to royals. Added a barricks and made it royal. You need four of them to royals to pass the level. I added two more mage towers, on the opposite sides of town from the other two and upgraded them to royals. By then, I added and upgraded enough farms, to feed more than the 590 people needed to pass the level.
I started adding traders buildings and the other three barricks.

I was in the hole money wise for a long time, but I only had about ten trader buildings. The rest were the more expensive houses (I forget what they're called). They don't bring in as much money, but they hold more people and in the long run bring in more money.

Sorry for my spelling

I was disappointed that the game was over lol.

[Post New]by Jezzabelle on Jul 2, 10 12:44 AM
The only thing I'd add is to build the training grounds and the mage school building (can't remember what it was called) - I really found those made a huge difference.

RuthieJo
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by RuthieJo on Jul 3, 10 10:13 PM
What do the training grounds and the mage school actually do? I never figured it out.

CtrlAltDel
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by CtrlAltDel on Jul 5, 10 12:59 AM
They increase your defense and/or attack.

Glad I found this thread. I'm stuck on Iron Post but I must go to sleep now, way past my bed time. I'll try the advice given here tomorrow.

Emmy142
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Emmy142 on Aug 29, 10 10:02 AM
I did it a little differently. Here is what I did:

Repair trade house
Repair farm
Repair mill
Fix and sell all houses
I also repaired and sold the barrack at the bottom of the screen, I didn't like the placement for this early in the game.
Hired 4 workers and one hero
Buy 2 of the highest amount of wood
Buy 2 of the highest amount of stone
Build wizard tower
Build mage tower
Build barracks (I put all mine near the middle)
Upgraded all towers to royal
Build 3 more trade houses
Build lumber mill
Build stone mine
Then upgraded the trading post as soon as I could to Advanced then royal
I added 5 more workers when I could.

I know I upgraded the farm and mill there too but can't remember when. Once I upgraded all the trading houses, the money was flowing and it was really pretty easy to beat. I would add the two town houses and upgrade them to royal, then add another set of wizard towers, mage towers, and barracks and upgraded them to royal. At the end I had 4 royal barracks, two royal wizard towers and two royal mage towers. Oh I added wizard school and training grounds fairly early (again once the money started flowing) as they really helped. Added farms and mills as needed. Just really worked on getting those houses and upgrading them as fast I could.

I finished in about 18 or 19 weeks. I'm so sad! I loved this game and I never like these types of games.

Edited on 08/29/2010 at 10:02:54 AM PST

perfamous
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by perfamous on Jan 10, 11 4:00 PM
Help. I need help with the placement of the towers. Ive seen the tips on where to put them but cannot find exact spot or what ? It doesnt do anything when I place them. Cannot get the king to answer. I cannot get to Kingdom 2 without this quest. Can anyone help ? Thanks

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: West kingdom - iron post

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 25, 13 7:13 PM
You ARE the king--or become so--perfamous! So no king's ever going to answer you.

The exact placement of the Barracks doesn't matter!
Emmy142 wrote:I also repaired and sold the barrack at the bottom of the screen, I didn't like the placement for this early in the game.
This is because it's really too vulnerable to attack by the monsters, as I discovered in my first abortive attempt at this city; your defense DOES seem to depend somewhat on line of sight, and you really don't want to use up heroes attacking individual ones.

OH! (Slaps forehead.) You belong in Westward Kingdoms, at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/2101.page , not here in Be a King 2!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As for RuthieJo's strategy of letting herself be in the hole moneywise, I suppose you could get by w/ a Royal Lumber Mill and Quarry, but I don't really like going that slowly. I did build a Mill and Quarry, and always upgraded them rather than repairing them after damage. (I think that's good investment for any building.) And--after that one abortive start--I restrained myself in military spending until I could get enough support from Trader Houses that I wasn't absolutely losing money every day.

Edited on 03/25/2013 at 7:14:23 PM PST

Go to: