Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 27, 18 1:50 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/27/2018 at 8:31:58 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 27, 18 8:31 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 28, 18 5:51 PM
After I bought this and I started it on the trial profile, it took me back so many steps I already did. I had 8 collectibles but I should have 9. The scarab collectible indicator didn't have any lite scarab scenes. So I couldn't pick up number 9. It shouldn't back up right?

So I just started a new profile and started over.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 28, 18 6:03 PM
Hello Majestyx12,

I'm sorry that Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light Collector's Edition isn't working properly. If there's still trouble getting the nine collectibles, please take a look at the help pages below for troubleshooting suggestions:

Updating the video card driver and running the game in Administrator Mode should help with these technical issues. If they don't, then please contact our Technical Support Team. They can replace the game for you.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 2, 18 6:05 AM
Win10PC
I had one puzzle that wouldn't work. It was in chapter 2, pg. 20 under k. It has 4 blades that you have to move in order and I couldn't get any to move out of the way.

Edited on 03/02/2018 at 6:13:48 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 2, 18 5:14 PM
Hello Majestyx12,

I'll definitely pass information about this along to the appropriate teams. Since the troubleshooting suggestions I made didn't fix the game, I'd recommend contacting our Support Team. They can replace Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light Collector's Edition for you.

As always, don't hesitate to reach out to me or another member of the Moderation Team with questions or concerns. It's our job to provide answers and help.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 03/02/2018 at 5:14:20 PM PST

plushmoon
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by plushmoon on Mar 3, 18 4:46 AM
The game virtually stopped dead at the very end of the main chapter, and I cannot progress any longer! The guide talks about receiving part of the gauntlet from Horus, but that never happened for me, so now I am at a complete standstill. I don't want to un- and re-install, I am at the very end of the main game! I just want a solution which will allow me to play the bonus chapter!

Most importantly, I have tried every piece of advice to update/upgrade my old laptop. I have updated Flash and Shockwave., DirectX doesn't need upgrading and there are no drivers for my version of a graphics card. Changing the display did absolutely nothing, while playing in compatibility/ administrator mode resulted in Access Violation even when trying to play from the .exe file, and therefore to not being able to play at all! (I am having a lot of other issues with Game Manager as ell, re: downloading and opening games...)

I have opened a support ticket already, but I was wondreing if a nice fishie could swim by and tell me how to play the bonus chapter wihout finishing the main one...

cynadav
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by cynadav on Mar 3, 18 9:56 AM
In the bonus chapter I got as far as the bridge falling. I backed up to see if I needed any other items to move forward and that was it. It wouldn't let me go forward towards the bridge/cave again. I tried it with the knife and without. I tried getting out of the game and going back in to no avail.

I tried restarting my computer and I uninstalled and reinstalled. Still won't work and allow me to go forward.

Edited on 03/03/2018 at 10:21:50 AM PST

tomtroxel
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by tomtroxel on Mar 3, 18 2:17 PM
My problem begins in the tent of the first scene. When you click on the lady or really any wear on the scene the programs crashes and you go back to the play again screen. So basically the game does not work.
Please send us an update correcting these programing errors

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 3, 18 5:50 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for reaching out to the Moderation Team. I'm sorry to hear that there are still troubles with Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light Collector's Edition. It sounds like the troubleshooting suggestions that we've provided aren't fixing the progression blocks. I'd recommend emailing our Technical Support Team; they'll be able to replace the games.

I've passed information about this game's glitches along to the appropriate teams. The Moderation Team learns about updates as soon as they've been sent and tested. So while I'm unable to provide more information about if and when the developers will provide a fix, I promise a moderator will announce it here as soon as it arrives.

Thanks also for your patience. As always, PM me or another moderator with any additional questions or concerns. We're glad to lend a hand.

bfgBeruna

ethan1404
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ethan1404 on Mar 9, 18 6:41 PM
I am on the ship and need one more ingredient to heal my bird .... but the man doesn't give it to me! Tried the HINT button but that does nothing and now am stuck! Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you resolve it, apart from perhaps starting the game all over again??

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 11, 18 2:45 PM
Hi ethan1404,

I'm sorry to hear there's been some trouble progressing in the game. Although I haven't gotten to this particular puzzle, I can offer some troubleshooting advice in case it's a technical issue of some sort. Progression issues are often linked to the game's files needing additional permissions or resources in order to work to the best of their ability, so we can give the game those things by following the steps from these articles:

Video Driver Updates

If that doesn't resolve the issue, our next step is to try another profile, since it could happen because of something that went wrong with the save file of the current one. This isn't an ideal solution, of course, and I totally understand if it's one you'd prefer not to try.

Should none of the troubleshooting work, please let our Technical Support Team know. You can also PM one of our Moderators with any questions. We're always happy to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by MercuryNeptune on Mar 12, 18 3:03 PM
I'm having the same problem as PlushMoon did. I get to the end but there is no gauntlet for me to get. I did everything including uninstalling and installing the game.

bsbagwell
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by bsbagwell on Mar 18, 18 7:34 AM
I'm having the same problem as cynadav is having. Played the whole game, got to the wall to climb with the knife and it won't let me go any further. I've tried all the things like updating, checking flash player and all the other things I usually do when a game freezes. I think it's a bug and I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall the game. Please fix this. I'm using Windows 10 and everything has been updated. Thanks.

[Post New]by MercuryNeptune on Mar 18, 18 9:02 AM
bsbagwell, when you uninstall and reinstall a game it keeps the character as well as your place in the game. I did this several times and the problem I had was still there.

[Post New]by sister72 on Mar 19, 18 1:56 AM
I am having the same glitch that as cynadav & bsbagwell have reported. I have tried all the 'fixes' these guys mentioned, including changing the difficulty level it see if it would kick start it, to no avail. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated to complete this game

Edited on 03/19/2018 at 1:57:14 AM PST

ubu04
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by ubu04 on Mar 28, 18 9:40 PM
I'm having the same issue as Ethan 1404

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Apr 4, 18 11:44 PM
Problem on the Bridge chapter, knife 3 and 4 wont stay !
I tried sooo dang many times I had to skip and that makes me not only frustrated but it also damages my confidence for the rest of the mini-games. I have been playing hogs for 11 years and have several hundred of completed BF games in my library and have failed few times.
After reading about other Fishies experiencing the same problem I think this is a glitch and hope Brave Giant can fix it.. Just in case a file was damaged I un & re installed but made no difference !
Playing on desktop PC running Win.10.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 5, 18 9:44 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to offer some troubleshooting guidance.

If the game stops and won't let you progress further, please try updating the computer's video card driver and running the game as an administrator. The instructions for those processes can be found in the respective help articles below:

Please try the instructions in the help article below if Error Code 1404 has happened:

Error Code 1404

Email our Technical Support Team if these suggestions don't resolve the issue or if I haven't addressed your concern. They'll be happy to replace the game.

Thanks for your patience, and please have a lovely day.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by TClayton on Apr 7, 18 3:52 AM
Majestyx12 wrote:Win10PC
I had one puzzle that wouldn't work. It was in chapter 2, pg. 20 under k. It has 4 blades that you have to move in order and I couldn't get any to move out of the way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have an issue with this mini-games as well. However, I'm able to move blades 1 & 2, but blade 3 drops back to the floor when I raise it to the same height every time (about 3/4 of the way). Really frustrating as I don't want to skip the game to get through it.

Go to: