bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 30, 10 12:22 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jun 30, 10 12:46 AM
This game was horrid as far as I'm concerned. Objects were small and very hard to find since some of them didn't even look like what they were supposed to be in the first place. The graphics, though colorful, were a little fuzzy, adding to the aggravation of trying to find the objects. For example the bread was small and square and in a corner shelf of approximately the same color. Some of the items were even opaque making it even more difficult to see.

On a scale of 1 to 5 this one gets a 1 in my book. Totally not my cup of tea (if you could even find the cup, lol).

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Jun 30, 10 12:47 AM
Another game about the treasure in EYGPT toms, I could not even remeber how games about this treasure hunts stories, I am getting abit tired of this.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Jun 30, 10 12:53 AM
Acceptable graphics...seen better and have seen worse. Music is probably authenic for the game theme but I found it somewhat irritating. You have a side game of scarabs to find, 36, I think, to unlock a bonus feature. Game is interactive but not much in the way of directions.
Objects tend to be small and are on the tough side to find. Make sure you check the darkest corners...lol. Penalty for over clicks are minus 10 pts on score. Game is not timed.
I'm still recuperating from a Gypsy Tale so think I will pass on this one for now.

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on Jun 30, 10 12:53 AM
Sorry BFG total rubbish, defo wont be buying this 1.

JOACT2050
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by JOACT2050 on Jun 30, 10 12:58 AM
This is a very frustrating game ! Come on you can do better than this !

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jun 30, 10 1:34 AM
Too bad, could have been an okay game. I don't like anything with a timer. Got to the first puzzle and tried to skip, screen froze and I had to shut down the game with Cntl, alt and delete. Won't be buying this, that's for sure.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 30, 10 1:34 AM
Gorgeous graphic (light and contrast) given to screens *without* objects to find; fuzzy and dark screens *with* objects to find.

Objects blended to the background, from small to transparent.

Gather scarabs??? Are you kidding? I can't find a knife without using the hints...

Each 3 miss-clicks you get a penalty of 10 points - that is, for sure, to add to your present obsession.

"Romancing"? On the present circumstances, I refuse even to a blind date...

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jun 30, 10 1:35 AM
Although the graphics were decent, the items were so frustrating to find. Finding a dark item in a dark shaded area?? Could only stand playing 15 minutes of the game. Definite no buy.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 30, 10 1:36 AM
I'm 40 minutes into the demo and stuck already. Came to forum to see if there's a walkthru or something yet to get me unstuck. Since there isn't, I'm calling it quits with this one.

I *need* to find something sharp to cut thru plants, and I *need* to find something to break thru the rocks blocking the tomb entrance. I wander everywhere I can see to go, and finally find a hidden object scene that rewards me with what? A canteen. Great. So now my inventory is a canteen, an oar, and some Nefertiti artifact. And I'm walking in circles - past *numerous* pickaxes and sharp things that I don't seem able to pick up. AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

I love looking at it - the scenes seem interesting and nice. I like the music and sound ok (but wasn't paying *too* close attention to it). But finding stuff in those scenes? yuck. Too many objects in dark places, and yes I did have my monitor set to max brightness and max contrast. The game graphics did not look dated though. Nice camel. Hints seemed fine for hidden object scenes, although had to wait for them to recharge. But inadequate for finding other stuff - like pick axes and knives.

Good luck to y'alls.

Edited on 06/30/2010 at 1:45:40 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 30, 10 1:44 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:

lol dead on!

IamJbar
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by IamJbar on Jun 30, 10 1:45 AM
I seldom post my opinion about a game, and am usually able to at least get through the entire demo before I even FORM an opinion. I was able to get through 30 minutes of this one, and I am sure that is because I forced myself to. I found this game to be entirely too frustrating. The objects were not hidden. I think the developers created a whole new genre. " POOG"... Practically Obscure Object Games! Navigation was hit or miss.The one mini game I got to was unsolvable, and the skip button took eons to appear. I add my voice to those trying to get developers attention: We are not silent in telling you what we expect. Pay attention to our posts. We WILL lead you in the right direction. I bet those that listen end up selling a game or two!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jun 30, 10 1:48 AM
This might be the "last day of the month--I'll try anything to fill out my punch card" game. Well, don't. The intro is WAY wordy, the graphics (from what I've viewed after about 30 minutes) are grainy/fuzzy (my eyesight is fine), and the plotline is boring. Not even too sure about the geographical facts--didn't think "Valley of the Kings" was in the "Giza Plateau" as the game would have us believe. To me, just another "scientist sibling searching for another scientist sibling" rehash. I'm skipping this one (don't mean to be harsh, it's just not to my liking).

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Jun 30, 10 1:53 AM
me too boring boring boring will not buy sorry big fish you can do a lot better then this game will not be buying

Sarwyn
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Sarwyn on Jun 30, 10 2:03 AM
This game is really boring. And as many others before have posted, screens are very dark and the objects are hard to find. The plot was lackluster and I found the music annoying.
Definitely won't be buying this game!

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jun 30, 10 2:16 AM
Ditto to everyone above. I rarely, if ever, give up on a game before the demo time runs out but this game had me sooo Frustrated....... urghhh! . Why couldn't they have just given you a map instead of the stupid arrows which are too touchy (if you moved your mouse too fast - gone - then try slowly to find it again). Then you think maybe there is another location on the left pointing up....but no it's the same darn location you've been to on the right bottom, whatever. This is DEFINATELY a no buy. I think I will spend my money on Escape Whisper Valley....I only need one for my card and Popcap/Spintop are usually games that I enjoy.
The developers had a good idea but what were they thinking with the opaque, dark, unrecognizable graphics?
This game would not even be recommended even for the DD. Honestly, I don't even think I would play it again for free. Just very, very bad.
Okay, I've ranted enough. Save your time and money fishies.
Have a great day!

Edited on 06/30/2010 at 2:18:47 AM PST

[Post New]by heatherington on Jun 30, 10 3:04 AM
I have to agree with everyone else. Not have to, want to, need to. This is no buy. I tried to find the t-square but had to use a hint because it was exactly the same color as the ground it was laying on. I defy anyone to find it without the hint. There is no direction as to what you are suppose to be doing. Wondering around the desert and getting lost is more like it. They want me to chop through a tree and open up a tomb or something but have given me no tools to accomplish this. They won't let you take the tools that you do see laying around. The help only tells you to keep using your cursor to look around and point in different directions. What is the goal? Just mindless exploring. I too only got 30 minutes into the game and am lost and there is no blog walkthrough or strategy guide and I'm stuck.

Listen up developers. If you see this post. You are okay because there is no time limits. Hints fill up pretty fast. Games are skippable, but only after you have already solved the stupid puzzle which there is no rhyme or reason to. If I play a match three or more I want to dissolve the blocks like in Fishdom. If I pick up an item for my inventory it must be to solve my next goal, not some far off goal and my inventory item must be larger than a toothpick.

[Post New]by girouard347 on Jun 30, 10 3:14 AM
gimmegames posted:

"I'm 40 minutes into the demo and stuck already. Came to forum to see if there's a walkthru or something yet to get me unstuck. Since there isn't, I'm calling it quits with this one.

I *need* to find something sharp to cut thru plants, and I *need* to find something to break thru the rocks blocking the tomb entrance. I wander everywhere I can see to go, and finally find a hidden object scene that rewards me with what? A canteen. Great. So now my inventory is a canteen, an oar, and some Nefertiti artifact. And I'm walking in circles - past *numerous* pickaxes and sharp things that I don't seem able to pick up. AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

I love looking at it - the scenes seem interesting and nice. I like the music and sound ok (but wasn't paying *too* close attention to it). But finding stuff in those scenes? yuck. Too many objects in dark places, and yes I did have my monitor set to max brightness and max contrast. The game graphics did not look dated though. Nice camel. Hints seemed fine for hidden object scenes, although had to wait for them to recharge. But inadequate for finding other stuff - like pick axes and knives.

Good luck to y'alls."

LOL...that's exactly what happened to me! I was penalized so many points by clicking on sharp objects, it was laughable! I can only add that I started to swear out loud after I finally got a hint to find the T-square, and discovered that it was laying on the dirt --- transparent!
And the hieroglyphic minigame was ridiculously undoable in the time given, so I just waited until I could skip it. Gave up on the game after 40 min. Do the developers think that just because it's in the "hidden object game" genre, that we will blindly buy it?

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jun 30, 10 3:24 AM

It's obvious there is no need to even demo this game, but at least one comment made me smile while I read all your posts. That was the clincher comment for me - lol.

Keep up the good work guys. Hope the developer hears you. And they also need to remember that people have enough trust in these reviews that it is costing them additional customers. Not good!

Happy 4th to all

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jun 30, 10 3:44 AM
HEY EVERYBODY! THANKS A MILLION! IT LOOKED LIKE A TURKEY AND YOU HAVE CONFIRMED IT! GREAT JOB. SAVED THIS OL' DAWG THE TROUBLE OF DOWNLOADING!
Dr.good
p.s. gotta' love these forums.

Go to: