bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Escape Whisper Valley

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 30, 10 12:24 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Escape Whisper Valley? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Escape Whisper Valley

[Post New]by briteredlips on Jun 30, 10 12:44 AM
From the makers of Escape Rosecliff Island. Excellent, crisp graphics. Timed or not, your choice. If you like a nice hidden object game, with several ways to play, you will love this game. I loved it! There is nothing negative to say, as you could not ask for more in a game. Huge thumbs up This is of course, a buy for me.

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Jun 30, 10 12:47 AM
These games are perfect for Mom, and me too! Love 'em. Don't tax the grey matter so much!

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jun 30, 10 1:13 AM
Love these games, own all of them. Definite buy for me.
Graphics are clear as usual and objects not too hard to find.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 30, 10 3:06 AM
Just finished playing this demo. Standard Spintop HOG.

You're stuck in an apparently deserted town because the road is blocked by a rock slide. Somehow, finding objects will help you escape this place. Scenes are colored like a dreary day. Not too appealing to look at, but the muted colors might be a plus if you're not feeling well - not so much eyestrain.

Pretty blah, but not bad, for blah .

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jun 30, 10 4:14 AM
Typical Spintop HOG with slider puzzles. Nothing exceptional and a "no buy" for me.

[Post New]by mema23kids on Jun 30, 10 4:29 AM
Very relaxing game. Reminds me of the Mystery PI series. Will wait until tomorrow to buy.

Caraface
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Caraface on Jun 30, 10 4:39 AM
I'm disappointed to see this is a SpinTop game. Their HOG's are usually pretty repetitive, and this one doesn't do anything to break the mold. There's nothing wrong with it, per se, it's just not my cup of tea.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jun 30, 10 4:54 AM
I like these hidden object games from SpinTop. I own about 4 and will probably get this one. I find they are very relaxing right before bed. The objects are large enough so I don't have to be right up against the monitor, can sit back on the couch and just relax to play. There's no tedious brain-draining puzzles and no adventure-type aspects where you have to remember things. When this is what you're in the mood for, you can't beat these games.

Yea they are repetitive. Same batch of objects to find in ALL their games. But I like the artistry of the location scenes. I like that there's no moving background graphics to "busy" up the scenes and make me feel . I turn off the music when I play.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jun 30, 10 5:04 AM
Please confirm: This game is more or less Rosecliff Island in another setting, only this time they tell you beforehand that you won't meet any people. You will search each location numerous times, the scenes are junkpiles. There is not much going on storywise.

If so I'll get it as a Daily Deal someday.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 30, 10 5:24 AM
GrammaKj wrote:Typical Spintop HOG with slider puzzles. Nothing exceptional and a "no buy" for me.

I agree. I already own 'Escape from Rosecliff Island' and, although it was fun at the beginning, I simply couldn't finish the game because it quickly became repetitive (same rooms over and over), tedious and very boring.
This game is exactly the same, and I can't imagine why I would want a bonus level for this game, seeing that I would be bored out of my mind long before I would find all 25 locks and keys.
But I am sure that some people love to play this type of unchallengeing and unimaginative kind of game.

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Jun 30, 10 6:11 AM
I just finished the demo.. It was OK though after a time it was very ... um.... shall I say for the 'young' at heart. Very easy.. no complications.
Didn't much like the arrows but it works to get you from here to there.
It'll be a no buy from me.
Way too simple...

Nice try though BFG

Annie
huggzz1

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jun 30, 10 6:13 AM
I tried this as a demo awhile back and wasn't too sure about it, having recently experienced "Escape Rosecliff Island." But I got this "beauty" and I'm glad I did. Pretty scenery, not as brooding, nice sound effects (keep the speakers on), yet the same type of seek-and-find type of game (which I personally enjoy). There is a bit of "self advertisement" ("spinning top" or "spinning toy") but who can blame them. Overall, enjoyable and relaxing, if a bit dated.

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Jun 30, 10 6:20 AM
Graphics nice and clear..quite enjoyed the greys very easy to find objects...keys and locks in plain sight ..a great game for the younger generation. Yet, for me it was just too easy and seemed to lack that "must have" quality.
So, if you like a game that is pleasant to play and not overly complicated this is a total recommend..if you like a challenge leave it where it is.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Jun 30, 10 6:40 AM
Just tried part of the demo..nice clear graphics, junk pile HOG scenes (which put me off) and mini puzzles in between..also you can play different modes, and (if you remember, which i didnt) you collect locks and keys from each scene to apprently unlock extra game play at end (i think unlimited HOG games?)
there seems to be unlimited hints..and didnt seem to be any waiting time inbetween using them..i did use a couple of times, as some of the items are in a "riddle" so to speak, and i'm tired..so not as on the ball
overall it seems to be a nice interesting game, it is not something i would buy, but for the HOG lovers out there, i think you would enjoy

Harriju
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by Harriju on Jun 30, 10 6:53 AM
I love these games!!

redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

[Post New]by redrosesdz on Jun 30, 10 7:06 AM
De ja vue! I felt like I had played this game before. Oh wait, I have... a couple of times. It's exactly like the other spintop HOGs. Yeah, the scenes might be slightly different, but the game is identical. Same visit and revisit scenes, find 8 things + 2 locks/keys, where 1 of those things will be pick it up and place it and at least 2 will be in riddle format. It even has exactly the same scoring system and exactly the same mini-games. And, as someone else pointed out it has the same either word or picture of a spintop in every scene. What's even worse that all of the other duplication? The objects that you find are the same ones you found in their other games.

I only played the first 3 chapters (in about 10 minutes), but I'm assuming, just like the rest of the spintop HOG games, it doesn't get any different and definitely not more challenging. I really like the first spintop HOG game. Yawned at the second one. Now I'm just sick of the same old thing. I don't mind repeats or sequels if there are new things in them, but another exact replica is a no sale for me.

Edited on 06/30/2010 at 7:09:04 AM PST

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Jun 30, 10 7:20 AM
I had demoed this elsewhere and could not wait for BFG to get it! I bought it right away! I enjoy Mystery P.I. and "Escape.." games. I enjoy the 'riddle hints'. I love the artistry in the scenes. Some of the hidden objects even make me chuckle. This is a relaxing game and one I can sit and enjoy. The mini puzzles are fun too. The big thing with these games, is that they're leading up to something in the end. (for example, the boat in Escape Rosecliff Island)
I enjoy all of these games and the best thing is that I don't have to wait a year for one to come out!

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Jun 30, 10 8:00 AM
Played the demo and enjoy this game. Will be buying in a few days.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 30, 10 8:10 AM
krissywillow wrote:I like these hidden object games from SpinTop. I own about 4 and will probably get this one. I find they are very relaxing right before bed. The objects are large enough so I don't have to be right up against the monitor, can sit back on the couch and just relax to play. There's no tedious brain-draining puzzles and no adventure-type aspects where you have to remember things. When this is what you're in the mood for, you can't beat these games.

Yea they are repetitive. Same batch of objects to find in ALL their games. But I like the artistry of the location scenes. I like that there's no moving background graphics to "busy" up the scenes and make me feel . I turn off the music when I play.

Thanks krissywillow, I agree with you, a relaxing change of pace when I just
want to relax and not be taxed. And you can count on Spintop's quality.
I did keep the music on low on this one as it's really soothing.
Will be using a punchcard credit on it tomorrow.

Go to: