frustrating game

greenladytaz
Stingray
Stingray
4,795 Posts

frustrating game

[Post New]by greenladytaz on Jun 30, 10 10:15 AM
Hey there fellow fishies! So I download Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids for the one hour trial. I'm not even halway into my hour, and get to a screen that last thing you do on that one after you find the hidden objects is to find a way to get the boat to sail to Great Pyramid. Okay..I click on a big spear, and another thing that looked like a long stick..even a big horn...nada. Those were only things I saw...ARGHHHHHHHH. So, in frustration, I cancelled the game out. Is better to cancel it out, than to get mad. So tell me what was I doing wrong? Or has anybody else tried playing it? Or am I just dense?

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

Re:frustrating game

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jun 30, 10 10:18 AM
Have you checked the forum on this game yet? The answer may be there from another fishie.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/1804.page

Personally, within minutes of playing the demo, I was too annoyed with the entire game to continue and uninstalled it.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Jun 30, 10 10:27 AM
Possible Spoiler : In one of the hidden obect scenes, you will find a paddle. Use that on the boat.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 30, 10 2:29 PM
Hey Fishies!

Just swimming by to move this thread over to the official Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids forum

To find the forum for any game, just click on "All Game Forums" at the top of this page, and type in the game title you're looking for.

Feel free to continue the discussion in the full game forum by clicking here

Happy gaming!

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by bettyboopy1 on Jun 30, 10 11:57 PM
what a crappy game , no hints to show you where to go , cant see the stupid stuff to find it , i just wandered around for what seemed like an hour
very poorly made game , i have no experience but i know i could make a better game . all of it was so dark u couldnt find anything and no hints to help you find a scarab in one of the rooms geez i m glad i didnt buy this crap
very disappointed

lakelly
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by lakelly on Jul 1, 10 6:07 AM
I'm a big HOG fan and will usually run thru the demo on any HOG game but after 10 minutes of this game, I closed out and uninstalled. Hiding dark items against a nearly black background is just ridiculous. Waste of time, in my opinion.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Jul 1, 10 7:18 AM
I usually don't have problems with games running once they download but I also uninstalled after 10 minutes of play because it was SOOO slow....yes I am up to date on everything but this quirk along with the objects hidden on dark backgrounds was just too much for these 40 year old eyes to handle. This game just made me go grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Jul 1, 10 11:34 AM
Does it make any sense to waste an hour of my time straining to see little dark objects on a dark background? I don't think so......uninstalled after only 10 min. of gameplay. They'll have to do better than that to hold my interest and get my money. I did demo the other 7 wonders--Taj Mahal......not bad, in fact exceptional compared to this one.....lol.......but probaly a no buy for either.

madstitcher54
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by madstitcher54 on Jul 1, 10 1:20 PM
I agree with everyone else. I do not like games that are so poorly programmed that you have to hit the hidden object just right or be penalized. Stuck on how to sail up the Nile too. Uninstalled!

[Post New]by MsKittye on Jul 1, 10 1:29 PM
You have to get an oar (an object you get after completing one of the hidden picture puzzles) then you click on the boat on the very right of the screen, to go up the river.

rubyretro
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by rubyretro on Jul 1, 10 9:49 PM
AGGGHH I can't even feed the stupid camel! I love BIG FISH but this game ONNNN NO.After Dream, Chronicles I thought I could deal BUT to be penalized just for clicking & no hint button TOO MUCH.Love the theme but I recommend Little Fishies keep swimming past this one

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Jul 1, 10 11:33 PM
Yeah it will frustrate you alright! Not worth buying in my opinion.

[Post New]by Aaron_1234 on Jul 2, 10 3:17 AM
Hey there fellow fishies! I have purchased Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids. I hav completed also. Nice one. Nice Puzzle and story abt Pyramids.
I feel it is worth. The final bonus puzzle is excellent(brain teaser) and really challenging to solve. Of course I like challenges.

[Post New]by gamer_2010 on Jul 2, 10 3:49 AM
I READ ALL OF YOUR POSTS AND WAS RELUCTANT TO EVEN TRY THIS GAME BUT I LOVE ANYTHING CONNECTED WITH ANCIENT EGYPT SO I TRIED IT.

I SEE WHAT ALL OF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT I STILL BOUGHT IT. I REALLY DISLIKE HIDDEN OBJECT GAMES THAT ARE SO OBVIOUS MY 3 YEAR OLD CAN PLAY THEM. THIS ONE IS PRETTY CHALLENGING. I DO AGREE THAT SOME OF THE OBJECTS ARE WELL HIDDEN. I HAVE BEEN SPOILED BY THE MAGNIFIER IN FAMILY FLUX. ANYWAY, I HOPE EACH ONE OF YOU FINDS A NEW GAME THAT SATISFIES EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. SIGNING OFF......................

gailmutter
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by gailmutter on Jul 2, 10 5:07 PM
Agree that this game has too many small, dark items against dark backgrounds. Very hard to find. Wasted most of the free hour trying to find items that when I did find them I thought, "Really!!!!" Not going to play the rest of the free hour. Am deleting.

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Jul 3, 10 10:18 AM
Apparently the young staff of developers are not aware of the growing older population. Us baby boomers will not tolerate hard to see stuff. Not just tiny and dark stuff, but items hidden in fuzzy areas. I really wanted to like this and i RARELY uninstall before the hour is up, but this one was history after 22 minutes.

ladycholla
Manatee
Manatee
3,720 Posts

[Post New]by ladycholla on Jul 3, 10 10:39 AM
I'm with all the other ladies and gents who feel it is so dark, they place objects in very dark places and to add to that some items are so small they are impossible for these old eyes to see. Demo'd, got out and will not buy. They need to do a much better job of putting games together. My eyes are alot older than most and with cataracts and glaucoma, I don't mess with these type of dark games. I want the nice light ones that are easy to see. They make some of the lighter ones challenging, dark isn't necessary at all.

Lady

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Jul 3, 10 3:46 PM
Any game that makes me think that I need to clean my glasses yet again, is a game that is going to be a no buy for me. If a game is going to have tiny objects hidden in dark corners, they should at least supply a magnifying glass!

Tried this game and had to quit after about 15 minutes.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jul 4, 10 1:27 AM
I wonder if the dev's will EVER understand that "challenging" does not equate with a game that feels like I'm trying to read the teeny print at the bottom of the chart at the eye doctors?

[Post New]by alisarn on Oct 1, 10 12:40 AM
This game was awful. There was no creativity. They just placed tiny objects in dark places. I am kicking myself for not trying it before buying it.

Go to: