Guppy
102 Posts

short, yes, but here's what we SHOULD be complaining to Big Fish about

[Post New]by sarah451 on Jun 30, 10 6:00 PM
There's a review of this game here:
(Removed by moderator)
and the developer's website has more info here:
(Removed by moderator)
(Warning: If you are using IE and you backtrack to the Private Moon site, don't go to the developer's blog as Fire Fox has it flagged as and attack site and I don't think IE pays attention to those things.)

This game is now 7 years old and only the first of several installments that were planned to be part of an overall, larger game.
1, London Scene
2. Adventures in Lapland
3. Pirates of Madagascar
collectively called Chapter 1, The Mysterious Codex
4. The Lost Sword of Toledo
5. The Tale of the Four Dragons (not yet released, from the looks of it)
5a. Treasures of Peking (a more casual HOG and not really part of the set. Sorry, I've navigated away from the page that told me that and can't find it again,)

As for pricing, don't get too upset at BF for charging 6.99 per episode. I found pricing on episode 4, The Sword of Toledo, at anywhere from $4.99 (+shipping on eBay) to $29.99 from an Amazon outside vendor. Looks to me as if the suggested retail was originally $19.99 for each episode, and BF's price is certainly better than that!

What we should be complaining to Big Fish about is that
a. BF is missing at least two episodes of this game, one of which has been out for almost 6 years and the other for over 2.
b. this game was PLANNED to be a series of short episodes, and there is nothing on the description to tell us that.

So, BF, why don't you have the other two episodes available, and why not give us all the facts in the descriptions instead of having ticked off members??

Edited on 07/02/2010 at 12:29:36 AM PST

Re:short, yes, but here's what we SHOULD be complaining to Big Fish about

[Post New]by Madhouse000 on Sep 15, 11 10:58 PM
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!

Re:short, yes, but here's what we SHOULD be complaining to Big Fish about

[Post New]by clmason33172 on Sep 15, 12 12:23 PM
I'd still like a refund since Big Fish didn't provide accurate descriptions. These shorter games should not have been priced at the $6.99 rate. BFG sell longer games for $2.99 and $3.99 and these "episodes" should have been priced as such.

Go to: