bbz53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Olympus Village World 17 - No Balloon?!?

[Post New]by bbz53 on Feb 28, 18 12:59 PM
Where's the base to build the balloon? Did they decide we weren't spending enough coins and/or real money? I'm hoping it'll pop up after winning a battle or something...

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Olympus Village World 17 - No Balloon?!?

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 28, 18 1:34 PM
Hopefully this world will be a lot like Vacation Time (World 16) and we won't need it [fingers crossed].

I've only played a couple levels so far. I went in to compete in the arena and burned all but one life when I realized there was a new world .

Since I did several worlds between the last two updates and caught up before World 17 came out I'm not in any rush.

[Post New]by RealityCheck on Feb 28, 18 5:09 PM
I saw posts that the balloon is back so I checked and I had an update to install and now I see it. I had played a lot of this level before it was added and actually found I didn't miss it as much as I thought. I was able to collect enough fireflies to either meet the requirements or use a reasonable amount of coins to buy the shortage.

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 7:31:09 PM PST

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Feb 28, 18 7:26 PM
As far as I can tell, there are four possible locations for firefly farms in this new world - the way it used to be before the balloon. Of course, before building the firefly farms, ten seeds have to be collected for each farm. Getting "tougher" all the time. Maybe the next update will eliminate the firefly farms too. Oh-oh, probably shouldn't give the developers any more ideas. Anyway, good luck to all.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 28, 18 9:53 PM
I'm up to level 28 and so far it's not terrible. I've used a couple extra moves on a few levels. However, if I were patient enough I probably could have passed them without boosts or extra moves.

Like the few levels before I don't "have" to play to get the locals items for keys. The keys are already available at the gates. I only have to replay the levels I choose to get enough fireflies for each gate/barrier. I used my extra moves to replay levels for seeds just in case I may need to build a farm later. Will not build them until I have to and may not need to at all.

Of course, all this depends on further levels and if they get more difficult.

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Mar 1, 18 6:25 AM
I was just wondering how long it would be before the balloons were removed! Not surprised at all, figured that would happen before too long. Carry-on!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 1, 18 9:55 AM
I'm still in world 15, but if this is not an oversight and the airships have been discontinued, it will be the last straw. For me, the transferrability of fireflies is the ONLY redeeming feature of this game in its present state. For the newer players, I want to point out that it was not always a feature of the game and it was granted to us after we asked for it- in fact, it was the only time the developers listened to us and changed the game accordingly. I had personally written several posts to this effect and had stopped playing, but resumed after the airships were introduced. Even if the last couple of worlds are easier, as they say, it is extemely tedious to replay levels to amass fireflies in the thousands. Yikes! Luckily, I still have 1 1/2 world with airships to play and then I'm out- unless of course I run out of gold before that!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 1, 18 11:25 AM
eli173 wrote:I'm still in world 15, but if this is not an oversight and the airships have been discontinued, it will be the last straw. For me, the transferrability of fireflies is the ONLY redeeming feature of this game in its present state. !

Once you finish world 15 try world 16. If you find that playable then try world 17. I can understand what you're saying/feeling. Can't tell you how many times I quit over the sheer frustration of this game.

But... World 16 and, so far, world 17 is not too bad. Playable without the need for balloons.

I did not ship any fireflies in World 16 and the coins I saved by not building a balloon port I used for a few boosts instead. Not that I really needed boosts I'm just sometimes inpatient.

I replayed most of the levels to level 3 ONLY and no more. Still have several I haven't played the second or third tiers. I was able to pick and choose the easiest levels to get fireflies from without playing them a forth, fifth, sixth time, etc.

Didn't have to play locals levels for keys as they were already at the gates without need of playing levels to get them from the locals. In other words there were no levels so hard that it impeded moving forward.

Moving into world 17 seems about the same. I haven't needed a balloon yet (even if one where available). I did play levels with seeds to the third tier - just in case I "might" need fireflies. But I won't construct a firefly farm unless I need to.

Just saying that before you make a hard decision check out world 16 and 17 first. It's like a reprieve from the impossible worlds before them. A BIG difference and more joy in playing again.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 1, 18 11:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to quickly touch base with you all about the lack of an airship base in World 17: Olympus Village. Thank you so much for bringing this issue to the attention of the Moderation Team.

The missing airship base was caused by a bug. The teams behind Sir Match-a-Lot are working as quickly as they can to find a fix for this glitch. As soon as there's a new update to resolve this issue, someone from the Moderation Team will announce it in the threads below:

UPDATE! New world available for Sir Match-a-Lot! (Android)
UPDATE! New world available for Sir Match-a-Lot! (iOS)
UPDATE! New world available for Sir Match-a-Lot! (PC)

Thanks so much for your patience. You're always welcome to PM me or another moderator if there are any remaining or new questions. We'll be glad to provide answers.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Mar 1, 18 2:48 PM
OK, bfgBeruna, a BIG thank you to you for your work to get this fixed. There is/was a LOT of frustration without the balloon. Hope it's fixed SOON!!!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 2, 18 3:18 PM

As you play World 17 (and World 16 if you haven't started it yet). Play all the levels. DO NOT play the extra tiers and get the items for the locals until you are past at least (no less than) two gates. The keys are there so you don't need to get them from the locals. You just need to get enough fireflies to pass through.

After passing two gates go back and play to get the items from the first local. When you pass the next (third) gate go back and play to get the items for the next local. Repeat.

Collect the extra pink box that will drop on one of the paw prints just past the gate the local has the "extra" key for. If you have the Unicorn you'll double the boxes contents. Switch to it before clicking on the box. One paw pad has the potential to get 4 gifts with the Unicorn suit or 2 without it overall.

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Mar 4, 18 11:45 AM
silver_hawk wrote:
As you play World 17 (and World 16 if you haven't started it yet). Play all the levels. DO NOT play the extra tiers and get the items for the locals until you are past at least (no less than) two gates. The keys are there so you don't need to get them from the locals. You just need to get enough fireflies to pass through.

After passing two gates go back and play to get the items from the first local. When you pass the next (third) gate go back and play to get the items for the next local. Repeat.

Collect the extra pink box that will drop on one of the paw prints just past the gate the local has the "extra" key for. If you have the Unicorn you'll double the boxes contents. Switch to it before clicking on the box. One paw pad has the potential to get 4 gifts with the Unicorn suit or 2 without it overall.
Not quite sure that I understand about pink box! I use the unicorn outfit and only get double the items, I didn't think you needed to click on box as it comes available automatically on a certain level. Can you choose when you want to play for box? By clicking on it when it is available does that make it give you 4 of item? Never have gotten 4, what am I doing wrong? Thank you for all the help you provide in these forums, so very very nice to see your posts of hints, etc. Also what does going back to play for items if you already get them automatically?

Edited on 03/04/2018 at 11:54:24 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 4, 18 1:23 PM
linda43416 wrote: Not quite sure that I understand about pink box! I use the unicorn outfit and only get double the items, I didn't think you needed to click on box as it comes available automatically on a certain level. Can you choose when you want to play for box? By clicking on it when it is available does that make it give you 4 of item? Never have gotten 4, what am I doing wrong? Thank you for all the help you provide in these forums, so very very nice to see your posts of hints, etc. Also what does going back to play for items if you already get them automatically?

Sorry, it's just so hard to explain. I'll try a different way.

When playing there are levels that when you win you get the pink box from the fox. You already know that. You play, win, fox drops a box. If you wear the Unicorn suit you get double the items in it. Normal.

After you get a box from the fox keep playing levels but DO NOT replay the levels for the 5 items the locals ask for. You don't need the keys they give. If you click on all the gates they already show you have one when you reach them. You just need enough fireflies to get past each gate and barrier.

AFTER you get past at least two gates that normally open with keys (you can even wait until you finish the world if you want) THEN go back and play the levels to get the items the locals want. The local will give you another key. The gate will reactivate and ANOTHER box will drop where the fox left one before on the other side of the gate of the local you acquired the "extra" key for (you will not see the fox this time the box will just "appear").

Put on the Unicorn suit again and then click the box. Get another 2 items. It will be the same item that the fox left in that spot when you first played the level that awarded the foxes gift. So if you got 2 fireworks from the fox then you will get another 2 fireworks to total 4 from that paw pad.

If that still doesn't make sense then...

Play ALL 110 levels but DO NOT play the third tier of levels with items for the locals. Finish the world. Then go back and play those levels to third tier. Get all the items for the locals and you'll see what I mean.

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Mar 4, 18 4:08 PM
I get it, thank you, Silver_Hawk, you did am amazing explanation! I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate this information. I will certainly do this for the rest of the game. How in the world did you figure this out? I'll take all the boosts I can get, especially free ones. Thank you so very much, I am so glad to know this.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 4, 18 5:23 PM
linda43416 wrote:I get it, thank you, Silver_Hawk, you did am amazing explanation! I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate this information. I will certainly do this for the rest of the game. How in the world did you figure this out? I'll take all the boosts I can get, especially free ones. Thank you so very much, I am so glad to know this.

Just a lucky discovery. I discovered it when playing World 16. Thought it was a glitch. Recreated it on World 17. It worked on that world too.

I just made it to the end of World 17. A pleasurable play like World 16 was. I only played the first tier then went back and played second and third tiers as needed to get enough fireflies to keep moving forward. Ended up playing ALL levels to third tier by the end. Obviously didn't ship fireflies since there is no balloon, yet. Did not buy books or build firefly farms. Used very few boosts but really all the levels are passable without boosts if you have patience. I went from 17,000 coins at the start and have almost 25,000 coins now.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Mar 8, 18 4:47 PM
I am curious if the update today (Mar. 8th) changed the way you can play the levels that silver hawk described... the update said it fixed bugs, and what silver hawk described sounded like glitches to me... then again, maybe it just added a balloon to world 17... curiouser and curiouser...

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 8, 18 8:56 PM
gohill wrote:I am curious if the update today (Mar. 8th) changed the way you can play the levels that silver hawk described... the update said it fixed bugs, and what silver hawk described sounded like glitches to me... then again, maybe it just added a balloon to world 17... curiouser and curiouser...

You could try it. If it still works - GREAT ! If not, it was worth a try.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 11, 18 6:30 AM
gohill wrote:I am curious if the update today (Mar. 8th) changed the way you can play the levels that silver hawk described... the update said it fixed bugs, and what silver hawk described sounded like glitches to me... then again, maybe it just added a balloon to world 17... curiouser and curiouser...

Well, the new update removed those (obviously) bugs that have been discussed here, and now we have to play the required levels to tier three for the keys...

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Mar 11, 18 9:38 AM
silver_hawk - you are the Master! I am just amazed and in awe at the speed with which you got through World 17! It has taken me over a week longer to accomplish what you achieved in two days!

Thank you also for your description of your "scheme" - I can confirm that it is working for me (although eli173 seems to think that it isn't). I thought that it was a very lucky glitch for just you in your game, but lo and behold, the keys were there for me too, although I was only able to take advantage of Fox's gifts once, as I had already opened several gates and collected items beforehand. Also, I struggled to get the 5000 flies for the last gate and had to play some of the locals items levels to meet it. I did not feel it was worth building the balloon at that point.

However, if it is still there in the next new World, it will be a very useful scheme to employ from the beginning

I do now have the problem of the missing Resources Bar. While I was playing levels, it was alright, but now I am all finished it has disappeared.

Go to: