INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Undo the update?

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Feb 28, 18 7:41 PM
This has been my favorite jigsaw program for years and years, but since the update the pieces are so much smaller that I'm finding it hard to see them or see the detail on them. I really don't want to have to change the resolution of my whole computer just to make them larger, especially when the game worked perfectly for me before. Is it possible to roll back the update?

Re:Undo the update?

[Post New]by SoBelle on Mar 3, 18 2:57 PM
I agree. Love this game but am having the same issue with the puzzle pieces being so small on the new update. Please give us the option of choosing which version we are able to use. Thank You!

MaryLent
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLent on Mar 12, 18 7:05 PM
I am too, haven't played in a while , thought it was me! Glad to know I haven't lost it completely

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Mar 19, 18 6:05 AM
Nothing changed regarding the automatic sizing of puzzle pieces. Perhaps the added detail in the larger jigsaws gives the impression they are smaller. Anyhow, the following advice should help you adjust their size:

You can adjust the size of pieces in the solving screen any time you like. To do this, use the "Piece size and shape" button on the toolbar, or the Tools/Piece size main menu. You can make pieces larger or smaller as you wish. The size of the background ghost image changes accordingly, to match the new piece size.

Make sure your game window is maximized. The game automatically sizes the image/pieces the first time you open a jigsaw, to fit nicely within the main board. So, the smaller your game window, the smaller the pieces will initially be. But you can adjust them anytime while playing, see above.

Advanced option: You can set a preference for how much room the background ghost image initially takes on the main board. Perhaps you previously set a preference for this to be larger, and it got reset. To set the preference again, please use the Choose... button on the opening screen and find the "Picture size" setting. By default, the image takes up 40% of the board, which you can adjust in the "Custom area" setting. The more room the ghost image takes, the larger the pieces will be. But, the less empty space you'll have for unsolved pieces. Create trays to hold unsolved pieces to compensate for this.

~ David

peggyjuneybug
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by peggyjuneybug on Apr 7, 18 4:23 PM
Thank you for the info. I am going to do that now.

Go to: