Ariinya
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Annoying Game...

[Post New]by Ariinya on Jul 1, 10 8:24 PM
Well, at first, the concept seemed really cool. You use the phone to call and place stations in a small area, and you have to place them carefully so you have room for others. It seemed almost like a Tetris thing. However, you can't rotate the pieces (or if you can, I'm missing the way how, and someone please correct me), so your space is severely limited, especially when the stations are upgraded to become larger.

I just found trying to place each station annoying, and also trying to place the homes. The grids don't really seem to help much. Anyway, just my opinion... I was so happy to see a Time Management game instead of another HoG, but this one is just a bust.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:Annoying Game...

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 2, 10 3:03 PM
the placement thing didn't bother me so much as never being able to upgrade your "love table" maybe add one so when all your guys got done at once they didn't get all pissy just hanging around...

what i found irritating was the sheer boredom of it all and how i found i couldn't care less if these guys got hooked up or not... i guess i thought i would be making MY mr. right, not just some make-do for someone else to hold on to...

sdurrie
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by sdurrie on Jul 6, 10 3:06 PM
I agree with the two above posters. There is no way to rotate the stations (though you can move them around after you've placed them). Also, the area for the houses does seem off, not on a grid at all. It would be nice to see a green square below the house you are trying to place to know it's in the right spot--as opposed to the minus and plus signs.

As with ember, I found I had about 5 or 6 guys waiting in line to sit at the table. It would have been nice to have 2 or 3 tables to make things go faster & finish the goals in time.

lucyfres
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by lucyfres on Jul 13, 10 11:25 AM
I agree with all of the above entries. After playing Cooking Dash, this just doesn't measure up for a great time management game. It could be better, but it's just not there. I found building the amusement structures for 4 or 5 residents a bit confusing as I had trouble fitting things in after I had already placed the homes......maybe it's just me. And also, not being able to fit the stations in is just plain annoying.

On the plus side, it's a cute idea for a game, but again, maybe if you made the couples fight more, or have one divorce or something it would be more fun. The "happily ever after" thing just isn't real.

Go to: