bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 2, 10 12:14 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 2, 10 3:03 AM
From demo, a beautifully made game. Hints and ingame tips were adequate, puzzles were skippable but I didn't have to do that. (One was pretty sneaky tricky though.)

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jul 2, 10 4:02 AM
This is an awesome game. Just like the first one. Truly enjoying it and definitely worth the buy. Definitely glad put this one out today. And guarantee no boredom here.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Jul 2, 10 5:59 AM
I've been waiting!!! Couldn't afford the Collector Addition and didn't expect the bonus of a 4th of July sale. Thanks BF. This game just ROCKS! One of the best HOGs I've seen in awhile. The graphics are wonderful and so rich looking, the items are easy to see (boy is that a nice change), I also bought the 1st Flux Game and greatly enjoyed that one as well.

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Jul 2, 10 6:16 AM
HI TO ALL FISHES..I FOUND THE LADDER IN THE LIBRARY AND NOW I NEED IT TO GET TO THE TOP SHELF AND I DON'T SEE IT IN THE INVENTORY. HOW DO I GET IT? IS THERE SOMETHING I MUST DO TO GET IT? GREAT GAME SO FAR.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Jul 2, 10 6:30 AM
Very pleased to see this has arrived, Downloaded it at once and will buy later today.
Lovely crisp clear graphics, no need to peer at the screen. Real pleasure to play.

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Jul 2, 10 8:08 AM
doccat5 wrote:the items are easy to see (boy is that a nice change).
Are you getting the full screen? Mine is filling only about 80% of the screen which makes it very small and hard to see.

lesley234
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lesley234 on Jul 2, 10 8:13 AM
Pinky Zoom in on the Right of the book case. Place ladder. Repair the slide at the top middle then place ladder on left.

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Jul 2, 10 8:18 AM
Terri218 wrote:
Are you getting the full screen? Mine is filling only about 80% of the screen which makes it very small and hard to see.

Terry I have the same problem ..it never happened before with any games so I don't understand why this game ??

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 2, 10 8:42 AM
i really enjoyed my demo time... and when i decided it was time to back out and hit the review boards - well, it turns out that was the end of the demo! had a few minutes left, but due to the file size, the demo only takes you into and through the library, then into the apollo room... as soon as you get your first time mission, the demo runs out...

in my play time, i found that the game has a lot built-in hints to help you along - like sparkling somewhere you should look or somewhere you need to fix something.... they aren't going off everywhere all the time, though, so no distraction, just help.... the items aren't difficult to find, not teeny, weeny little things you can't see... you can even zoom into an area using the right click! wow!

the music is pleasant and easily zoned out once you're really into the game, and i had no problems at all running it with the custom cursor... the hint system is great - brightly defines the item you're searching for and refills at a reasonable rate... all puzzles offer instruction and goal, and skip buttons fill at a nominal rate...

the graphics are nicely done, very reminiscent of flux 1, but there are scenes that are somewhat on the dark side... they are few and far between, so don't be discouraged...

i really enjoyed the little notes left scattered around and didn't mind the occasional interruption by little jess.... and the badges! there are three types of badges to collect for different results... flux, secret and history... ten of each and in the part i completed i was able to find about three of each and i'm looking forward to collecting the rest of them after i make my purchase and download the remainder of the game...

happy flux-ing!

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Jul 2, 10 9:12 AM
Screen kept flashing on CE version - same thing again today but......it was an adjustment to resolution that did the trick. B.F. made my long week-end a happy one indeed!

DiMar
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by DiMar on Jul 2, 10 11:08 AM
Pinky, I'll bet you did what I did -- when you find the largest piece of the ladder, it looks like the whole thing. But you still have fragments of it to find -- then you can place it on the shelves and go up.

fauxgina
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by fauxgina on Jul 2, 10 1:07 PM
Excellent review, Ember -- you said it all so well I don't have to add much!

The developers seemed to take the vibe of the first game and turned the second game into a bit more of an adventure, and that really paid dividends, as far as I'm concerned. The first game was really fun, but got a bit repetitive, whereas this one isn't so rigidly structured.

I found some objects difficult to find at first, but once I got used to the game it wasn't such a struggle (but it wasn't so easy I whizzed through the game). The storyline leaves a bit to be desired, but that's probably just because the concept is so far-fetched, and I felt the same way about the first game. At the end of the day, this game has a unique artistic style, good music, and awesome graphics -- and it's just plain fun to play.

This one is easily in my top 10, maybe even my top 5 games. Thanks !

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Jul 2, 10 1:19 PM
THANKS LESLEY AND DI MAR. GOT IT.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jul 2, 10 3:26 PM
This game was really fun. I was so sorry it ended. The graphics are beautiful, the mini-games are easily figured out except one towards the end I couldn't figure out but there is a skip button for that situation I got through the entire game without a hiccup. There are lots of hints available if you need them although the items are pretty easy to find. I enjoyed the letters(history lessons) posted in each chapter. There was'nt anything that bugged me about this game at all...they even left you waiting for a 3rd installement!

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Jul 2, 10 6:58 PM
Wow! I am impressed with this game. Anytime there is beauty, history, challenge and interest I will enjoy the game. This game has it all. The graphics are good. There is lots to do. A person is not just looking for hidden objects, but there is challenge after challenge in the game. It is fun to have the "aha" moments and to feel the tingling in your brain...a sign that it too is enjoying the "aha"...now I understand.

The music is well done, a voice at times..which is a pleasant voice. There are plenty of challenges in each room. The game will hold your interest, may be puzzling at times but that is what stimulates your direction and fortitude.

Have fun....but as always I say to you to try the demo first and make your own decision.

I give it four out of five stars...really tempted to give it that 5th star...but I did not care for the ending..."to be continued"...I think the heroine messed up!!!

Edited on 07/04/2010 at 5:48:37 AM PST

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jul 2, 10 8:48 PM
I tried the demo of this game, fully expecting I would be purchasing it afterward. I decided against it as I really didn't consider the demo time to be all that fun. I found a lot of it confusing. Unlike the control panel in Ripple Effect, in this one I found it hard to tell when I actually had possession of an item (after finding it multiple times in some cases - like the bent pipes). I can't tell you how much time I spent looking for the buttons to put on one of the introductory puzzles, only to find out I wasn't supposed to be finding them, I already had them! Things like that, repeatedly. I felt like I only knew half of what I was doing. Then would get stuck in rooms going back and forth until finally I'd stumble onto the way into the next room. All in all, I like mystery and puzzles, but I thought this one was all too confusing. I did not play with the tutorial on (figuring it would be the same as Ripple Effect for the most part) but maybe I should have. Shrug. Anyway, although you can tell the game is well made and the developers put a lot of time into it, it's just not for me.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Jul 3, 10 1:03 AM
sawadee93 wrote:
Terri218 wrote:

Terry I have the same problem ..it never happened before with any games so I don't understand why this game ??

Same here. But I thought it was intentional since it was in HD, more like a theatrical widescreen/letterbox mode. I'm not sure though. Other than that, I haven't had any problems playing the game so far. I think it's better than the first one. Great graphics.

Edited on 07/03/2010 at 1:03:41 AM PST

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Jul 3, 10 12:21 PM
This game is really awesome and such a nice treat with the July 4th sale.

I'm operating in a brand new alienware computer, loaded with anti-virus software and using a 24 inch monitor. Game is working perfectly and the screen is filled. Gonna be a fun day while I wait for the fireworks!

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Jul 3, 10 4:07 PM
I bought and played my way through the CE. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I don't have the newest of computers. I'm running XP. Except for the extended download time for the huge game file, I have no problems with this game. If you are thinking of buying the SE on a sale weekend, I say go for it.

Go to: