bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 2, 10 12:14 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

Re:Post any Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole technical issues here only

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Jul 2, 10 12:25 AM
This is the third game I've gotten that the sound doesn't work on. Just a low rumble. I've never seen anyone mention a possible fix for this but I'd like any suggestions, any at all!

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Jul 2, 10 2:27 AM
I use Avast and it is reporting this as Malware. I informed them it's a false positive. Not sure what need to do from here to get the game to install.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jul 2, 10 3:30 AM
hilyer25, I am having the same problem. Avast says it detects Malware and stops the install. I too reported it as False Positive. I have also sent a Help message to BF using the green help envelope to the right.

Edited on 07/02/2010 at 3:31:37 AM PST

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on Jul 2, 10 3:49 AM
[b]I too have gotten a warning from Avast. What is happening? This is the first time this has happened with a BFG. I will report this also. Didn't get a warning when I tried the demo under the collecter's addtion.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jul 2, 10 3:58 AM
I use AVG and no problem what so ever. I was going to go with Avast and good thing I didn't. I did have to upgrade my Video drivers. God bless Google. They were only 6 years old

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jul 2, 10 4:38 AM
I have downloaded the trial, but the game won't open, it says to accelerate the hardware and update the driver, done all, but still won't open.
Lately many games I have tried had technical problems of various types.
BFG what's going on?

[Post New]by tcexplorers on Jul 2, 10 4:48 AM
i just purchased this game and it stopped in the middle of downloading and
game me a warning. a virus has been detected. i didnt continue to download.
anyone else have this happen?

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on Jul 2, 10 5:08 AM
[b]boy, this is frustrating. reported false positive with avast. uninstalled game and reinstalled I didn't get a warning on second installtion, but now game will not play. I feel like I just wasted my money.Don't have the softwear to scan and send problem to big fish.

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on Jul 2, 10 5:15 AM
Mine downloaded fine and it lets me play, but it's not in full screen mode. There are strips of black at the top and the bottom of the screen. Anyone know what I can do to rectify that? Oh, yes, it says it's set at full screen.

[Post New]by BloodSisters on Jul 2, 10 6:29 AM
Me too , Avast detected a virus. Cannot open the game. Never happenned before. I uninstalled it, re-install again and still won't open. I even shut down my protection and it's not working.

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jul 2, 10 6:30 AM
Add me to the list of Avast users with the same problem. For me, the demo downloaded fine and I played the hour. I then paid for the game and it redownloaded the entire game again (I thought it would just activates the game from the initial download.) Anyway the second download came up with the Malware warning and Avast blocked the download. Any chance of a fix coming from BFG? or maybe we can temporarily disable Avast to download? But on the other hand is there the remotest chance that the warning is NOT a false positive?

happy 4th everyone!
KIW0612

[Post New]by helrazor65 on Jul 2, 10 6:49 AM
same again !!! I am an Avast user too ! downloaded and played the trial colectors edition but have brought and tried to download this regular version and Avast have stopped it so i disabled Avast for 10 mins to finish downloading and was fine but now it wont play at all !! whats going on BF i have never had this problem before ??????????

[Post New]by birdlady101 on Jul 2, 10 7:15 AM
My problem is that when I click on and object to pick it up "My Games" list pops up...very annoying...anyone else have this problem? Not going to buy this game if it continues to do this...

Lou

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 2, 10 7:19 AM
I can't play it either. It tells me to update my drivers and my poor ol puter can't cope with that.

[Post New]by helrazor65 on Jul 2, 10 7:38 AM
i have just got mine going what i did was this .....
Firstly i turned off Avast then i uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it and it is now working ok mind you i dont know yet whether it will if i turn Avast back on !!! lol

[Post New]by Silverwing86 on Jul 2, 10 8:03 AM
Same problem here, Avast didn't like it:

3-07-2010 02:44:41 SYSTEM 1308 Sign of "Win32 kiMorph [Cryp]" has been found in "C:\Games\BigFish\Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole\Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole.exe\[Armadillo]" file.

Reported as False Positive and told Avast to take "No Action". Installation did complete, but the game won't start up. Hope this is sorted very soon !

Cheers,
Silver

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Jul 2, 10 8:04 AM
carolina67 wrote:Mine downloaded fine and it lets me play, but it's not in full screen mode. There are strips of black at the top and the bottom of the screen. Anyone know what I can do to rectify that? Oh, yes, it says it's set at full screen.
I have the same thing. I was really looking forward to this game but it is so small, it is almost impossible to play.

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Jul 2, 10 8:19 AM
Terri218 wrote:
carolina67 wrote:Mine downloaded fine and it lets me play, but it's not in full screen mode. There are strips of black at the top and the bottom of the screen. Anyone know what I can do to rectify that? Oh, yes, it says it's set at full screen.
I have the same thing. I was really looking forward to this game but it is so small, it is almost impossible to play.

ditto here

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 2, 10 8:45 AM
Hi everyone!

I want to assure you that Big Fish Games will never release a game that is potentially harmful. We are currently in contact with Avast in order to resolve the false positives. We apologize for any frustration and thank you for your patience and reports here in the forums.

If you have anymore concerns, feel free to contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you everyone!

bfgTigris

Go to: