GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 4, 12 2:49 AM
Vultraz wrote:
Hmmm...like in Bioshock?

I hope there are no Big Daddies running around.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 4, 12 2:49 AM
Vultraz wrote:
Purplerabbit wrote:
Vultraz wrote:

(Whited out bc these are some theories I devised based off the screenshots on FB )

What do you mean on FB? There aren't any screenshots on FB. If these aren't from official channels (MCF or BFG) they should not be posted in here, even whited-out. I suggest you remove them.

Near the beginning of the thread, a link was posted to some screenshots on FB. Wasn't until myself and some other fishies saw them that it was figured out they weren't official. I'm just devising some theories off some of the pictures that were there.

I'm afraid they don't belong in this thread, then.

[Post New]by Escabexina on Nov 4, 12 2:51 AM
Vultraz wrote:
GameLvr30 wrote:
Escabexina wrote:Hi!
First time poster in this speculation thread I'm having so much fun with it!

I just want to give my

Looking at the SL picture, I can't stop thinking that the girl is looking at the water so that leads me to think... Could it be that the town is under water?

Welcome to the thread, Escabexina! So glad you could join the fun.

I think there is a definite possibility that a town is submerged in the lake. It would explain the blog post stating the MD is investigating a "ghost town's mysterious destruction."

Great first post!

Hmmm...like in Bioshock?

Never played Bioshock, sorry

Nixie2011
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Nixie2011 on Nov 4, 12 2:56 AM
I so wanted hagred to come in and say
YOUR A WIZARD CHARLES

Fargosis, I have to say your posts in this thread made me chuckle more than once.

[Post New]by esu96kph on Nov 4, 12 2:58 AM
So little that I can think of to add as there's so many great theories out there.

One thing that springs to mind with 'use of me to win the fight'

it reminds me of another BF game where you needed to collect 'crow tokens' and use your pet crow to help reach objects that were out of reach. (might have been a redemption cemetery game)

This might tie in with having an owl that assists you throughout the game?

I like the madame fate references that have been made.

Perhaps shadow lake will be some form of madam fate 2 with MF assisting the MD in some way?

Looking forward to some more clues now..........(swimming in circles very fast!)

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 4, 12 3:04 AM
Hi Escabexina and esu96kph! That's actually a good thought about the tokens. It also reminds me of Emma's locket. We could be getting a different form of help this time, from the birds. That's a thought.

Rockingmum
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Rockingmum on Nov 4, 12 3:13 AM
Okay Fishies,

just gonna post quickly because Dh and lovely children are moaning that I'm spending waaaaaaaay to much time behind the computerscreen.
Can't help, it's a lot of cathing up to do!

* Kristin86: I think that the adds you see popping up in diffrent places from BFG are because of 'Cookies'. Your computer bookmarks info from sites you frequently visit and shows the adds then in free add space.

* Fargosis: You made me a very happy ( jelly) fishie because thanks to your post I saw that I finally got something right!

* What if Charles had a sister instead of a brother?
* I don't believe there's anything to the gravestones in RTR and EFR, in RTR there was Sparky and Edmund Last was ( in my opinion) just some name that fitted in the clue to solve the Lighthousepuzzle. Also we dug up our own 'grave' in RTR, my playersname and date were on the tombstone.
* Who killed Captain Crown?
* Was he killed or did he die of old age?
* Who burried him?
( thinking this has something to do with Victor and the timemachine.)

* About the new game; after looking at the picture of the girl by the lake,
I can make out some letters left of the dock, left of the black stripe. Looks like 'Bayou" to me.
Or am I just seeing things?

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 4, 12 3:32 AM
Bordrblaze wrote:We know from the press release we are investigating a town that disappeared. Did any of the previous games wipe out a town that I don't remember?

Well WE didn't wipe it out... but in Dire Grove we did get to play around in a totally abandoned town, remember? It wasn't "wiped out" per se, but abandoned town fits the theme of "ghost town" in a manner of speaking.

The banshee escaped!!! No, I'm kidding. *LOL*

I will say that perhaps this is something similar to Dire Grove, in that someone from the town discovered some strange, supernatural relic that caused the entire town to be abandoned or even destroyed in some manner (swamped by the lake perhaps?), killing many if not all of the inhabitants. Maybe it emits some strange form of radiation, and that's why we need the Geiger counter; to locate it. Again, just tossing out theories; I was hoping there'd be a new clue when I woke up this morning! Picman, Hondo, Baikal... where are you guys? Hope you haven't succumbed to the illness!!

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 4, 12 4:21 AM
Thanks to GameLvr and Eoarod for their hard, and excellent, work in compiling clues and theories. You are appreciated.

If you're lurking and haven't posted yet, dive on in! This is a friendly thread and all viewpoints are welcomed.

I'm really starting to lean towards the radiation theory--it fits so much. I'm also pretty sure now that we're going to an abandoned town.

I just hope this one is as good as Dire Grove, which I think set the bar for high standards in gaming.

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Nov 4, 12 4:38 AM
Pepper010 wrote:
I'm really starting to lean towards the radiation theory--it fits so much. I'm also pretty sure now that we're going to an abandoned town.

Just wondering ... back when Borders Books was going through their bankruptcy sell-off, I snagged a nonfiction book on 1920's forensic medicine, focusing on poisoning. There was a lot in there about radium being used as a cure-all medicine until radiation exposure was shown to be lethal.

Is it possible that the abandoned town we're investigating was originally a "health resort" that used radium-treated water on the clients? That would explain Picman's apparent radiation poisoning and the Geiger counter.

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Nov 4, 12 4:42 AM
amj0963 wrote:

this one clue though puzzles me: An Eagle's...one with 4 tires in 1990. i don't remember if this clue has been solved or not. it is a talon and a talon is also another word for claw, so not sure on this.

I think the clue refers to the car, not the bird part. Picman went out of his way to throw the "4 tires" reference in.

Unfortunately I'm not a car buff -- is there something unique or distinctive about the 1990 Eagle Talon?

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 4, 12 4:51 AM
Ismene wrote:
Pepper010 wrote:

Just wondering ... back when Borders Books was going through their bankruptcy sell-off, I snagged a nonfiction book on 1920's forensic medicine, focusing on poisoning. There was a lot in there about radium being used as a cure-all medicine until radiation exposure was shown to be lethal.

Is it possible that the abandoned town we're investigating was originally a "health resort" that used radium-treated water on the clients? That would explain Picman's apparent radiation poisoning and the Geiger counter.

Now that is an intriquing theory! I like it.

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 4, 12 4:51 AM
playzmuzic wrote:So we're responsible for the deaths of Madame Fate, the Blanstons, Charles and VIctor.... without even doing anything. Seems fair.

Also, the bus is as big as we want it to be. Just store your stuff in the back, and make sure you have your ticket with your Dire Grove room number.

Technically we did legitilmenly kill Charles and victor
Like actuall murder

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 4, 12 5:10 AM
Rockingmum wrote:Okay Fishies,

just gonna post quickly because Dh and lovely children are moaning that I'm spending waaaaaaaay to much time behind the computerscreen.
Can't help, it's a lot of cathing up to do!

* Kristin86: I think that the adds you see popping up in diffrent places from BFG are because of 'Cookies'. Your computer bookmarks info from sites you frequently visit and shows the adds then in free add space.

* Fargosis: You made me a very happy ( jelly) fishie because thanks to your post I saw that I finally got something right!

* What if Charles had a sister instead of a brother?
* I don't believe there's anything to the gravestones in RTR and EFR, in RTR there was Sparky and Edmund Last was ( in my opinion) just some name that fitted in the clue to solve the Lighthousepuzzle. Also we dug up our own 'grave' in RTR, my playersname and date were on the tombstone.
* Who killed Captain Crown?
* Was he killed or did he die of old age?
* Who burried him?
( thinking this has something to do with Victor and the timemachine.)

* About the new game; after looking at the picture of the girl by the lake,
I can make out some letters left of the dock, left of the black stripe. Looks like 'Bayou" to me.
Or am I just seeing things?

Sparky was also the name on the dog food cans in efr XD did Charles have a little pug named sparky at some point?

Timebomb007
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,767 Posts

[Post New]by Timebomb007 on Nov 4, 12 6:44 AM
Revived.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Nov 4, 12 6:48 AM
lets all give a shout out to timebomb007,

always right there when threads dissappear,,,wtg

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 4, 12 6:50 AM
It was lost and then it was found !

Thanks Timebomb!

Edited on 11/04/2012 at 6:51:55 AM PST

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 4, 12 6:50 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:
Vultraz wrote:

(Whited out bc these are some theories I devised based off the screenshots on FB )

What do you mean on FB? There aren't any screenshots on FB. If these aren't from official channels (MCF or BFG) they should not be posted in here, even whited-out. I suggest you remove them.

I'm back all. I think that Purplerabbit is talking about the photos that can be found on the official MCF Facebook page which includes a picture that announced Shadow Lake with a girl standing on a pier.

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 4, 12 6:54 AM
mouldmom wrote:I want on the bus! I have pipe wrenches, matches, and laterns! I will collect them and be waiting at the bus stop.

This is moving way to fast this year for me. Maybe because Sandy ate my brain last week...

I'll be back afterwork. Which probably means another 20 pages to catch up on before anything.

Welcome to the bus. The pipe wrenches, matches and lanterns will be a big help. Also glad to know that you're alright after Sandy.

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 4, 12 7:02 AM
Also has anyone thought about stopping by Mama Ammie's (hope I'm spelling her name right) to stock up on things we might need in our trip to Shadow Lake and our rescue Picman mission? I personally think we could use some of her sleeping potion for any villains that might pop up and who knows what else that voodoo madam might have that could help us out. I have room in my bottomless backpack/weapon for stuff still.

Go to: