Cahira
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post your Awakening Kingdoms (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Cahira on Oct 24, 14 1:44 PM
I just installed the new update and it fixed the game loading problem for me but it still only loads the game in a window and not a full screen. I prefer being able to play the game in full screen since it makes the hidden object scenes easier to play as some objects are small in size and easier to see in full screen mode. Would it be possible to fix the screen size issue also? Thanks.

Edited on 10/24/2014 at 1:46:06 PM PST

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Oct 24, 14 6:37 PM
Just go into the log out cog at the top right of screen and click on it, it will offer you to log out but go into SETTINGS and change Screen to full Screen??
easy

[Post New]by highdesertrn on Oct 24, 14 8:05 PM
Spent all day downloading the update that popped up today but it will not activate. When it comes to the installation part the game manager stops working so I have to close it and open it back up. Then after it "installs" when it comes to the activating part I am kicked out of being logged in and the error message says the game cannot be found and I need to sign into my account. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with the same lack of results. I am done playing your defunct free games. They are not worth the aggravation.

betsybean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by betsybean on Oct 24, 14 8:55 PM
You just updated the game and now I can't read any of the requests they are all see through, please fix!!

JennieC
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

I can't get the new update!

[Post New]by JennieC on Oct 24, 14 9:29 PM
I can't GET the new update! I.e. Game Manager stubbornly refuses to display it for downloading. I followed bfgMurrumbidgee's instructions about going into options/manual/check for updates - and am told there are no new updates. Have exited Game manager and re-entered several times, have gone back to automatic check for updates - but nada.

What do I do now??

SCREENS LARGER THAN FULL SCREEN

[Post New]by tedski0430 on Oct 24, 14 10:14 PM
Ran the download three times and finally was able to get into the game. Now the screens open to a larger that full screen size. I only get the top half of the list of items to find. The lower portion is cut off. How can I decrease the screen size?

[Post New]by Hederahelix7 on Oct 25, 14 1:26 AM
Updated the game and though it now works it opens up in a small screen which I can't increase to full size. Now I can't see the items I'm supposed to collect. Anyone else got this problem?

Destinye
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by Destinye on Oct 25, 14 2:54 AM
Since the latest update the game is extremely choppy and my MAP icon does not activate, so when I have no more quests I cannot continue to play, and I am still feeding the dark chest. Actually the first update yesterday was better for me, now the game keeps freezing when looking for hidden objects in the map scenes.

Thanks!

[Post New]by C_L_Pepper on Oct 25, 14 3:03 AM
Was when I updated the game yesterday that did nothing but caused my game to crash. Didn't matter too much though, as I was in the terrible "waiting for my energy bar to re-fill, which takes forever when all I want to do is play this game" phase.

Great! You guys got on to it pretty damn fast, to me, & fixed it. Game works great now! So !

Edited on 10/25/2014 at 3:14:09 AM PST

[Post New]by Mizzyt73 on Oct 25, 14 3:14 AM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:G'day,

In response to the issues we encountered with the update last night, a new update is now available.

This update should show up on the left-hand side of your Big Fish Games app under 'Updates.' If you're not seeing that, just follow the steps below:

1) Open your app and make sure you're signed into your account.
2) Click on the 'Options' Cog on the top right-hand side of your screen.
3) Click on the 'Downloads' tab.
4) Select 'Manually' and click 'Check For Updates.'

If you are still running into issues after installing that update, please contact our Tech Support Team so we can look into those.

Thank you again for your patience everyone!

bfgMurrumbidgee

I tried to do this but there is no download tab in options...I am so sick of the problems with this game...I can't even trade in collections anymore as it continually tells me I need to be connected to the Internet...which I am..

[Post New]by Marcus2058 on Oct 25, 14 3:51 AM
The update worked for me, although the game opened in a window until I changed the setting to "Full Screen". Didn't get any of my missing coins, however, which I lost when collection sets failed to exchange (see my previous posts), nor did the daily multiplier show up, which was most disappointing - I was due to receive 4,000 coins today!

Another question: Why, whenever you finish playing a mini game do you now get a message saying "Select icon on the left to begin quest"? That never happened before.

And for all those people scratching their heads over quests requiring items which you already have in your collection and think you don't need to find - it's like this... If a quest asks you to "Give 5 Shimmersilk Dresses" (or whatever), and you HAVE them, then that's fine - you just hand them over, and that's that. But if a quest says "Find 5 Shimmersilk Dresses", it doesn't matter if you have five or more of them already, you still have to go out to do what the quest asks, i.e. FIND five, not GIVE five. It's all a matter of semantics.

That being said, it's still very annoying that you have to spend ages finding things you already have plenty of - or day in and day out have to find things that are really hard to get, like Whispering Flipping Lilies!!! I hate Coral Cove!

Finally, for anyone who's able to correct this problem, the following collection sets will NOT give coins when I exchange them (I've now stopped trying and just sell the most valuable items at auction): Goblin Crest set, Brooch set, Artifact set and Figurine set.

Please can this annoying glitch be sorted out asap. It's spoiling my fun mightily.

Edited on 10/26/2014 at 2:55:00 AM PST

Post your Awakening Kingdoms (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by mellow1577 on Oct 25, 14 10:46 AM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

tinastef
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tinastef on Oct 25, 14 11:12 AM
The latest update worked fine on my computer and I finished all the quests, but although I unlocked all Mini-scenes (24X3=72) the achievement meter is stuck at 67/72, which means I cannot get the 25 crystalls bonus. Is there anything I could do besides waiting and hoping that another update will fix this issue?

[Post New]by nitrofury on Oct 25, 14 2:50 PM
The last update of Oct 23 installed ok but the game now is larger than my 24 inch monitor. I am not able to see my quests side, my collections or inventory side. Also top and bottom.I have tried to adjust my monitor which did not help. My system is XP on a PC. I have re-started after update. I have also deleted and re-downloaded the game.

[Post New]by Sylvyrwyng on Oct 25, 14 3:22 PM
my new update refuses to log me in, so now I don't have auctions or even full screen viewing... what happened?

sj1384_
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sj1384_ on Oct 25, 14 6:13 PM
New update will not install. Tells me I don't exist, please log in...blah blah. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the same exact result and no, I don't have more than one account. Why does this happen with every update of this game? So very frustrated!

Edited on 10/25/2014 at 6:14:14 PM PST

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 25, 14 8:28 PM
starcaller wrote:
C_L_Pepper wrote:Hello! I've been noticing a few problems when I bid on items in the Auction House. Sometimes when someone makes a bid greater than my bid, I don't get my coins back. Also, there are times when I seem to have won the bidding only I don't get the item or my coins back.

I have had a similar problem, I get my coins back if someone bids higher however I have missed out on some of the items I apparently had won.

There is often a flurry of last minute bidders so you might not know how many there were. On one rare, there had been no activity for days and I was outbid in THE last second by about $13,000. We had been bidding back and forth the last two minutes.The notice didn't come in for quite a while. Maybe the computers need to figure out who had the last bid that counted? The person who outbid me, who I happen to know, did not win the item. I was hitting refresh and the number just kept jumping up too, so my bids of an extra $500, then another $1550 were nothing.

Sometimes it's better to just wait a day for the desperate bidders to get what they wanted at a higher cost. then you can have it at a reasonable price.

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 25, 14 8:55 PM
CancerBabe093 wrote:I need to connect to the internet but there's no button directing me on how and then I tried to create an account on Awakening Kingdoms but it still says I need to connect to the internet. How do I connect the game to the internet?

It's not part of the game for there to be a button. It automatically connects when you start the game. You need to have your wifi on. On laptops the slider bar may accidentally get pushed to the off position. Sometimes your wifi is intermittent and it will say you need to connect off and on during game play. Just try clicking again. Once in a while it takes me 4 or 5 tries. My internet is on, it just was reconnecting at that particular moment. You obviously have internet or you wouldn't be posting here. Is it flashing "You are logged in as _______" at the top of your screen even in the middle of game play? If yes, that's what the problem is.

(You also might not have enough bandwidth for everyone in your house to be using wifi at once. Some game systems get set up with them taking priority for their games. Is someone else playing a MMORPHG game (where you're the character running around killing people with a bunch of friends)? That will suck up a lot of the bandwidth. If you add up all the cell phones, computers, tablets,laptops etc., using wifi at the same time you might find you need to get more speed from your cable provider, especially if it is under 14 or 15Mbps. I think most now offer 100Mbps. They can't promise that you will get any speed in particular, but it might help. Not that I would up it just to play any one particular game.It makes downloading and uploading faster is all.)

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 25, 14 8:56 PM
nitrofury wrote:The last update of Oct 23 installed ok but the game now is larger than my 24 inch monitor. I am not able to see my quests side, my collections or inventory side. Also top and bottom.I have tried to adjust my monitor which did not help. My system is XP on a PC. I have re-started after update. I have also deleted and re-downloaded the game.

I have this problem too. Go into settings on the top right and click the box for full screen. It worked for me. Good luck!

ddtp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ddtp on Oct 26, 14 5:57 AM
Hi guys - I think this is a technical issue... I installed the last-but-one update after I'd finished my game for the day. I tried to play next day, and bad things happened. I checked the blogs, and found a further update, since installed. I have lost 20 days of logging in (43 down to 23), and 4 days off my Yura quest. Last time ( 2 days ago, I couldn't log in yesterday) I checked in I had 6 days plus..., today,the NEXT day, I had 2 days plus... Sounds technical to me. I have so much enjoyed the game, I'd be sad to stop now... Any suggestions?

Go to: