Senior Citizens sign in!!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 31, 17 4:47 PM
Here in Australia, on a very cold but somehow still sunny day, it is the 1st of September, and YES, it is the first day of spring here. Same in NZ. Doesn't exactly feel like spring yet, but it will and the cherry blossom trees and like are already blooming and I have been picking jonquils for some time now. But we are expecting snow and freezing conditions over the weekend and early next week. (Snow in the alps of course, not down at sea level).

Thanks GamingGrampa for suggesting that myself and fish start the new thread off, but it didn't really matter who started it but thanks to gardenbird for doing so. As long as its working, and people are contributing, thats the main thing. We sincerely hope that the developers really take note of these things and actually do something about them. As I, and others think of good legitimate SENSIBLE improvements, or fix it back to what it used to be, things, then we will add them in.

And still no update on my ipad this morning. But not looking forward to when it does come through anyway.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Aug 31, 17 7:36 PM
Yep, Grampa, spring is sprung here, tulips out in flower, oranges are ripe on the tree, azaleas in flower - we change over to "dAylight saving" NZ summer time towards the end of this month!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 1, 17 1:15 PM
Still no update for iOS

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 1, 17 8:06 PM
And no update here either. Still nothing. This is actually taking more time than I can remember for an update to come through on IOS after others have got the new city. I know there will be players who have finished Lima before I even get to see it, but thats not a drama really as I think they are spending far more time devising idiotic things to do on updates rather than concentrate on bringing in new cities as its taking over a month for each one these days, sometimes more but we seem to get updates that make no sense far more often. So when I do eventually get LIma on my ipad, I will still have plenty of time to work through it before the next city comes up anyway.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Sep 1, 17 9:15 PM
I guess it is better than the PC players, if there are that many out there besides me that strictly play on a PC with no mobile devices or Facebook account. Last update we received was May 18, 2017 and that gave us up to and including Hanoi. Lisbon coming soon it says. Not that it really matters to me personally at this time as I have 37 cities to work through to get there. LOL Must be frustrating for mobile players though especially the folks like Jules, Snow and Trav that I know are at the end of the offerings for cities and are always waiting for the new one to come out. I do agree there are much better things the developers could be working on for all platforms and making enhancements and fixing glitches PC players are experiencing with the scratch tickets and such...yes much better things to be doing than making the game more frustrating by changing things that don't need to be changed and that don't make the game better. Wish they would pay attention to our suggestions thread and make some of them a reality. I still wonder what happened to the new exciting feature they spoke about when the treasure chests were disabled and then re-instated???

Edited on 09/01/2017 at 9:17:40 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 2, 17 12:53 AM
Glitter, I too was wondering what that amazing thing was that they were doing to the treasure chests. As per usual, it has not come to fruition. I really hope they take serious notice of our fix up the game thread, but time will tell if they do or not. I know they won't do all of it, but the most frustrating ones should be dealt with asap. We might all just walk away from this game, I am beginning to feel that all the hassles in these updates are not worth the frustration of playing as much anymore. I know I am not the only one.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Sep 2, 17 6:53 AM
Jules and others, I understand how frustrating it must be to be waiting for the update while others are playing it. (Maybe we will have more sympathy for the PC users now.) Out of solidarity with the iPad and iPhone players, I vow not to finish Lima until that update is released for that system. Hows that for brother and sisterhood?

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 2, 17 7:35 AM
Thats very nice of you to sympathise so compassionately Snowman, but its not needed, you go ahead and play to your hearts content, finish Lima if you want. I wasn't meaning for anyone not to, nor whingeing that I would not be up to where those with the update are, that wasn't it at all. I know you didn't mean it like that anyway, but are just being lovely. I will catch up pretty quick no doubt when the update does come through, (still not here, there was an extra one showing on my ipad tonight, but it wasn't GD). Its early hours of the morning here now and I will be turning in shortly for some sleep, so maybe tomorrow.

And talking of being past midnight, I just thought to have a look at the gold fever for this week, as its now sunday here, and its weird. Its in Tahiti for me this time, and for the first time I can remember, the word is a two part 'word'. Its SUN HAT. with the space between the two words, so I quickly checked how many levels there are and to see if the space a level, and it IS. There are 7 levels to do. Not looked at them specifically yet, will go to bed and play it till I fall asleep, then finish it in the morning or during the day. If I get them all, it will be a good haul of coins to add to the collection, as EVERY one of the 7 levels is a MB, so thats worth 420 coins, plus the 350 at the end for getting them all. Not a bad haul if I can get them. Fingers crossed I do, as last sunday was a disaster of a gold fever. Will let you know how I go.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 2, 17 1:57 PM
Gold fever today for me was 6 letter word in Paris, 3 architect and 3 mb only used 2 lives and 1 shovel which I had a few of so a good haul. There were 2 timed levels but one was easy and the other used the shovel for the last move. Snow, you go for it in Lima, not worried about waiting for this latest update, plenty else to finish off round the world!

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Sep 2, 17 2:05 PM
Maudcat wrote:I rarely play gold fever or the word event, jules, because I feel, perhaps mistakenly, that they are super hard.
I know, it makes no logical sense. The game is the game and the level is the level, but I struggle so with them that I guess I have to justify it somehow!
That being said, I played the word event in Havana today (SKATE) and I finished it!
Got a few coins and a rain cloud boost that will def come in handy against the dreaded creeping sand.

I used to be much the same, rarely played the daily challenge, but got back into after encouragement from others in this thread. I get through most without too much trouble, but if it looks too much like hard work I do leave it. I got an oasis today and that will definitely help with the ****** sand!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 2, 17 7:24 PM
Maudcat, you can actually get a lot of coins and boosts from the daily events and gold fevers. It is always at the very least, worth checking what each level is, so open them up, look at them, and even if you only do the easiest ones, you at least get some coins for doing so, and its ALWAYS on either an architect or MB, unless its in a city you have completed 100%, in which case its often not worth bothering about unless the levels are dead easy, then the two boosts you get are free. There are always two boosts of the same thing, never one. If the levels are really hard, I skip them and don't bother for the day. But one way to look at it is, check them out, if you can do the lot and earn coins and boosts, well and good, its worth it, if you can't do them all, then you can at least earn a few coins, and if they are all hopelessly hard, just ignore and wait till the next days event to check that out.

I do skip plenty, but out of every 7 days, I will always get at the very least 50% of it, so its well worth it and those extra boosts are worth a heap of coins in the end. Sometimes you only get 2 shovels, but most times its a range of things. I have got so many various boosts from the daily events, that I have NEVER had to buy anything but shovels EVER, and having finished Boston, thats a lot of boosts I have used over those cities. I did once purchase the bulk lot of eternal freezes as you don't get them on the daily events, but have only used one of them to date. So its really worth doing most times. I also have a policy when doing the daily events/gold fevers, that I do not use boosts or extra time/lives to get them out, UNLESS, I get to the very last one and all I need to complete it is a single shovel or one lot of extra moves, if its a particularly difficult level, in which case, I figure if I use just one etc on it to get it out, its worth it to collect the additional coins and boosts anyway, and it usually is worth it.

I got through 5 out of the 7 levels before I fell asleep last night, all pretty easy and straightforward and didn't need anything extra to get them out. The other two I didn't get out straight away, so tackled them again this morning, got one out after two goes at it, and the last one, I used 5 lives and waited to regenerate one, then I got so close to getting it out, I used a boost and did it, so that got me a total of 770 coins in all for doing all 7 levels, so using one boost was well and truly worth it.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 2, 17 10:32 PM
Jules, I saw your comment about your gold fever "sun hat" that was my daily event on Friday and I thought GD was being funny, we have been suffering through a week of record breaking heat in So-Cal and like you that's the first time I've seen a two word event. I also try to play the daily events and gold fevers except when they put it in a city I've completed.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Sep 3, 17 1:59 AM
Just played today's gold fever. It was in a completed city, but I completed each letter on the first attempt and received 250 gold. Worth doing even on completed cities if it ends up being that easy.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Sep 3, 17 4:39 AM
Got 6 letters in New-York for gold fever on my Iphone. Got architects and MB levels. Had to get one extended moves (cost me 150 coins) and didn't need to use coins for the other letters.
On my Ipad, only 3 letters in Berlin. Will do it later

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 3, 17 9:02 AM
Maudcat. Let us know how you go with them. And of course, when the levels are impossible, just leave it, but see what the next day brings. You have nothing to lose and boosts and coins to gain when it works. Good luck.

And just before I log off for yet another night, still not got Lima or an update. Whats going on? THis is weird waiting this long.

Edited on 09/03/2017 at 9:03:56 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 3, 17 9:25 AM
iOS updates have to be approved by Apple, which takes longer than getting an android update out. I have to assume one of two things in this case.

1. Too many Apple employees on vacation (Labor Day weekend)

2. Apple turned down the update for some reason and GD has to fix whatever it is and resubmit.

Here's hoping that it's the first and we will get our update on Tuesday or Wednesday.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 3, 17 11:09 AM
Today my gold fever is 5 letters in Rome, and of course I get a timed level to go with it!
And still no update on my iPad either, lordkalvan I hope you're right about choice #1!

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Sep 3, 17 12:54 PM
As Jules predicted, I have finished all 120 levels of Lima before the iOS update. Just waiting to clean up before I build the last monument. Luckily, there are several levels in Lima that can be replayed to easily get resources. Otherwise, the Lima pattern is the same as the last dozen or so cities.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Sep 3, 17 5:05 PM
Jules - how do you manage to post such lengthy comments without s single typo?

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 3, 17 5:10 PM
In answer to your question kailuaantie, I have spent a lot of my working life typing documents and an awful lot of time typing up emails etc. I am therefore, a pretty fast typist and to me, its such an easy and natural thing to do. I cringe when I watch others typing with one or two fingers and am itching to take over from them. I like typing. Never thought I would when I was at school and had to endure business studies, learning to type the old fashioned way, with hands covered up so you could not see the keyboard, I did not want to do office work, but sometimes life is funny how it dishes out things you don't expect. I wish I had done shorthand though, that would have been most helpful, but too late now to bother to learn that one, as its pretty much defunct these days.

Go to: