Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 3, 18 12:41 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/03/2018 at 9:39:06 AM PST

asenski
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by asenski on Mar 3, 18 4:24 AM
For some reason I can not place the picture on the desk. I have tried over and over, just getting the highlighted area and nothing happens, either with picture in hand or without. Clicked on several different spots, just nothing happens. Running Windows 10

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by MoonMadness on Mar 3, 18 4:27 AM
I can't go through the "scent" door - I have marked the door (only the middle door would work) but I cannot go further. The scent bottle won't leave the hand and just keeps marking the door. I have tried marking all over the screen - nothing works. Running Windows 10.

[Post New]by eroseburgh on Mar 3, 18 5:53 AM
im stuck at the scent door too!

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Mar 3, 18 7:20 AM
Me 3 stuck at scent door. Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

Doreen

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 3, 18 8:15 AM
Have you unlocked all 3 discs for each door by turning the discs to the correct symbols?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 3, 18 9:40 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 3, 18 9:58 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry there's been trouble getting through the scent door. I'm swimming by to provide some help.

This sounds like a progression block. First, let's check to see that the computer's video card driver is up to date. The video card driver directs how the computer's graphics display, and installing a newer version can fix a number of issues, including progression blocks.

I'd also recommend running the game in Administrator's Mode to ensure it has all the permissions it needs to play smoothly. The help articles below provide further instructions for these respective processes.

If those suggestions don't fix your game, then please email or Technical Support Team. They'll be able to replace the title for you.

Thank you so much for your patience, and don't hesitate to PM me if any new questions arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 3, 18 2:35 PM
I had the same problem with the scent bottle. It would not leave my hand either. You finally get the right hand side doorway sprayed and it shows a purple haze and that was it for quite some time...couldn't do anything else. After fooling with it for a while, the man appeared and I was able to move on from that scene, but something is definitely not right. I am on Windows 7.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 3, 18 5:03 PM
I had the same problem with the scent bottle too. Win10PC I stopped and restarted and it was the same stuck to my hand.

I just kept clicking where they wanted from the guide. Which is the middle door and by the left hand door. I just kept click by the left door. After all the purple came out of the sprayer, the man appeared and that was over and I could continue.

Edited on 03/03/2018 at 6:32:38 PM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 3, 18 5:06 PM
pennmom36 wrote:Have you unlocked all 3 discs for each door by turning the discs to the correct symbols?

That was a different place. The scent door place is way further. Thank you for trying to help.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 3, 18 5:18 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to provide more information about this progression block. It sounds like some players have managed to get through the door by clicking around or exploring a different area. If those steps don't help you through the door, then I'd recommend following the suggestions in the articles below:

The first help page explains how to update your video card driver; the second walks you through how to run the game in Administrator Mode. Hopefully those instructions can correct this glitch. On the chance that they don't, please email our Technical Support Team.

Your patience is sincerely appreciated. Don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if more questions arise. We're glad to lend a hand.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Fourkids4 on Mar 4, 18 11:25 AM
I am playing on a PC. The prompt that told me about the magnifying glass will not leave my screen and now the image of the hand holding the picture of the three items making up the scent is stuck on my screen. The game continues to run behind the pictures but I can't see the majority of the screen.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 4, 18 1:57 PM
Hi Fourkids4,

It sounds like some of the visual elements for the game are stuck on screen and won't go away. For this sort of thing, we can start by closing out the game and reopening it to see if that gets rid of the error with how the game displays on the screen.Should that not do the trick, let's go over some troubleshooting steps to make sure the game has all the resources it needs to display properly. Tips for this can be found in these articles:

Video Driver Updates

If none of that helps, it's possible the error has become part of the save file for the game. In those cases, starting with a new profile will usually help circumvent the issue. That's not a perfect solution, and I hope something else works so we don't have to try it.

Should none of this resolve the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team. You can also PM one of our Moderators anytime. We'll be happy to answer any questions we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by RobinsFire on Mar 4, 18 2:38 PM
Unable to get through the passageway middle door. scent amplifier is stuck to curser and cannot progress.

I quit game then took other posters advice. When game restarted I went to another area then went back into passageway and went left where purple haze appeared, man appeared and continued.

Edited on 03/04/2018 at 3:17:32 PM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 4, 18 3:09 PM
Hi RobinsFire,

First of all, welcome to the forums! It sounds like you've run into an issue some of our other players have experienced, and their advice on the subject may help. Here's what was posted earlier in the thread:

by cathybobcat on March 3, 2:35 PM
I had the same problem with the scent bottle. It would not leave my hand either. You finally get the right hand side doorway sprayed and it shows a purple haze and that was it for quite some time...couldn't do anything else. After fooling with it for a while, the man appeared and I was able to move on from that scene, but something is definitely not right. I am on Windows 7.

by Majestyx12 on March 3, 5:03 PM
I had the same problem with the scent bottle too. Win10PC I stopped and restarted and it was the same stuck to my hand.

I just kept clicking where they wanted from the guide. Which is the middle door and by the left hand door. I just kept click by the left door. After all the purple came out of the sprayer, the man appeared and that was over and I could continue.

In short, it sounds like continuing to click around the door may allow progress forward. If this doesn't work, we can also try the troubleshooting tips from these articles to improve how the game and computer get along:

Video Driver Updates

If none of the above helps, please contact our Technical Support Team. You can also PM one of our Moderators with any questions. We'll do what we can to help out.

bfgArinelle

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Mar 5, 18 7:46 AM
I am having a problem getting through the sent door, I am running window 10.

[Post New]by RareRabbitt on Mar 5, 18 8:19 AM
dorish2 wrote:Me 3 stuck at scent door. Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

Doreen
Me 4 stuck at scent door. Windows 10 64 bit

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Mar 5, 18 9:01 AM
woodentot wrote:I am having a problem getting through the sent door, I am running window 10.

I have managed to get though the door. I uninstalled the game uploaded again, after a lot of clicking on the right door then the middle door, I managed to get through.

[Post New]by Fourkids4 on Mar 5, 18 9:40 AM
I attempted to follow your instructions but now I am not able to open the game at all. I tried deleting the game altogether and reinstalling but I still am not able to play the game.

bfgArinelle wrote:Hi Fourkids4,

It sounds like some of the visual elements for the game are stuck on screen and won't go away. For this sort of thing, we can start by closing out the game and reopening it to see if that gets rid of the error with how the game displays on the screen.Should that not do the trick, let's go over some troubleshooting steps to make sure the game has all the resources it needs to display properly. Tips for this can be found in these articles:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">Run Game as Administrator</a>
<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230485248#step_2">Video Driver Updates</a>

If none of that helps, it's possible the error has become part of the save file for the game. In those cases, starting with a new profile will usually help circumvent the issue. That's not a perfect solution, and I hope something else works so we don't have to try it.

Should none of this resolve the issue, please contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a>. You can also PM one of our Moderators anytime. We'll be happy to answer any questions we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: