Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 3, 18 12:43 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/03/2018 at 9:37:19 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 3, 18 6:42 AM
OK got to the part w/ the fight w/ the monster, theirs no skip it started to make me dizzy, so I stopped playing game! Has anyone ever noticed that Epix seems to punish you if you skip a mini game! You have to watch the way it was suppose to be done!
Enough of that I really don't like Epix, & Ive really tried in the past. I would suggest to wait for SE & use a coupon! It seems every game, Epix did before! Don't feel Epix reads the forums either, because there not that popular!
This is some goofy vampire game! What country are these Devs from?

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 3, 18 7:06 AM
nanafraser - Your comment just proves that all of we fishies have different preferences. I like it when the steps are shown for a puzzle when you skip, especially if I can't figure out what the heck I've done wrong. So, knowing that, it is more likely that I will purchase the latest Vermillion Watch. But I can see it would be annoying for others.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 3, 18 8:17 AM
nanafraser wrote:OK got to the part w/ the fight w/ the monster, theirs no skip it started to make me dizzy, so I stopped playing game! Has anyone ever noticed that Epix seems to punish you if you skip a mini game! You have to watch the way it was suppose to be done!

I don't care to see how the puzzles I skip are done either. I don't even like most of the puzzles to begin with.

nanafraser wrote:This is some goofy vampire game! What country are these Devs from?

LOL They are not from Transylvania, but close enough (Belgrade in Serbia) to get affected by the bloodsuckers?

I own all the 3 previous games, but only really loved the first one in the series. For me, the games went downhill after the first one, so I think I will now stop buying these games.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 3, 18 8:29 AM
I agree @jennsmom I like to see how a puzzle is solved if I chose to skip it, because sometimes I skip them if I just don't get what they are trying to say in the directions!

With that being said, does anyone else wish they had an option that shows you how a puzzle is solved like the above mentioned scenario, for visual instructions, if you don't understand the written instructions?

I've also wished I could solve puzzles that are offered in Easy/Hard modes, in BOTH difficulties (solve in easy mode, but wished I could go back and solve it in the difficult mode as well)

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 3, 18 9:20 AM

This is the exact storyline Vermillion Watch needs to adhere to, the Jekyll & Hyde, Jack the Ripper, Burke & Hare, Eleanor Pearcey, Dr. Thomas Neill Cream, Dr. William Palmer, Mary Ann Cotton kind of legendary serial killers of 19th century London, NOT the Wizard of Oz american scenario! The streets of London were brutal in Victorian London, it doesn't mean the game has to be brutal, but Dracula sure makes for an interesting subject now doesn't it!

Because this edition of Vermillion Watch is about the legendary Dracula, I thought I'd share the story about how Dracula's reputation came to be:

The original Dracula (Vlad III) spent most of his life in a Turkish prison. Upon his release, he learned that his father was betrayed by his people, who buried him alive!  Because Vlad didn't know for certain, exactly who was involved, he invited all of the Hungarian Troops to his castle for a feast. After the feast, instead of serving desert, Vlad ordered his soldiers to serve them death, impaling about 500 noblemen. This tradition continued numerous times, so often that eventually everyone knew what was at "stake" yet the invitation was always accepted, because either way, was a death sentence.  

Vlad and his father before him were members of a secret society called the Order of the Dragon, this inspired his father to change his name to Dracul, which means Dragon in Romanian. Following in his father's footsteps, Vlad changed his own name to Dracula, or Son of the Dragon. Dracula, didn't sink vampire teeth into his victims to drain them, he did however dip his bread!

Dracula was defeated, and killed by the evading Turks, when his troops ironically defected to the opposing army. So "Dracula" really did exist, but nobody knows what happened to him after he died! Some say his body disappeared from the cemetery, some say his body was never there.....Vermillion Watch says he has returned................

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 3, 18 9:36 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Mar 3, 18 10:14 AM
This game is FANTASTIC. Best game so far this year. Enjoy.. off to play!

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Mar 3, 18 11:26 AM
pennmom36 wrote:

This is the exact storyline Vermillion Watch needs to adhere to, the Jekyll & Hyde, Jack the Ripper, Burke & Hare, Eleanor Pearcey, Dr. Thomas Neill Cream, Dr. William Palmer, Mary Ann Cotton kind of legendary serial killers of 19th century London, NOT the Wizard of Oz american scenario! The streets of London were brutal in Victorian London, it doesn't mean the game has to be brutal, but Dracula sure makes for an interesting subject now doesn't it!

Because this edition of Vermillion Watch is about the legendary Dracula, I thought I'd share the story about how Dracula's reputation came to be:

The original Dracula (Vlad III) spent most of his life in a Turkish prison. Upon his release, he learned that his father was betrayed by his people, who buried him alive!  Because Vlad didn't know for certain, exactly who was involved, he invited all of the Hungarian Troops to his castle for a feast. After the feast, instead of serving desert, Vlad ordered his soldiers to serve them death, impaling about 500 noblemen. This tradition continued numerous times, so often that eventually everyone knew what was at "stake" yet the invitation was always accepted, because either way, was a death sentence.  

Vlad and his father before him were members of a secret society called the Order of the Dragon, this inspired his father to change his name to Dracul, which means Dragon in Romanian. Following in his father's footsteps, Vlad changed his own name to Dracula, or Son of the Dragon. Dracula, didn't sink vampire teeth into his victims to drain them, he did however dip his bread!

Dracula was defeated, and killed by the evading Turks, when his troops ironically defected to the opposing army. So "Dracula" really did exist, but nobody knows what happened to him after he died! Some say his body disappeared from the cemetery, some say his body was never there.....Vermillion Watch says he has returned................

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Mar 3, 18 11:28 AM
Thanks Pennmom, that is why he is called Vlad the Impaler. I like your reference to "they knew what was at stake" LOL. BTW my family, who are Romanian, claim him as their ancestor also.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 3, 18 11:46 AM
divaprods wrote:Thanks Pennmom, that is why he is called Vlad the Impaler. I like your reference to "they knew what was at stake" LOL. BTW my family, who are Romanian, claim him as their ancestor also.

Does the bother you? If not, I think you're safe

pilgrims
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by pilgrims on Mar 3, 18 11:50 AM
Most interesting review I have read in the last ten years on BF. Thanks Pennmom.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 3, 18 12:21 PM
I would not consider this to be a player friendly game, but one that is more for advanced players. It was very slow moving and boring with very foggy graphics, making it difficult to see. If I wasn't using the hint, I was skipping the over abundance of puzzles. There was not an easy flow to this. It was tedious to finish the demo.

Gameplay was not even interesting, but often times appeared to be very disjointed and confusing as to what you are supposed to do. It was complicated.

There is much going back and forth performing senseless tasks. So you bring the dead body back to life temporarily to get some answers as to what happened to her...how convenient...then you ask her questions by clicking the conversations...all the while saying how bad you feel to do this to her, but you just have to find out. Then when she is allowed to return to her rest, you find a horseshoe in her hand that you have to collect....guess it didn't bring her any good luck, did it?

There were a few mini games that should have had a skip...pushing piano keys by watching the guy's eyes?....come on. You have to look through 3 peep holes in 3 different doors by adjusting a lens to find something interesting? Also matching dates on wine bottles. Whether you like doing it or not you have to. There are no instructions for these that I found. You're on your own. One of the worst was spraying the scent to find the correct doorway....seemed like maybe a glitch because I had a hard time getting it to work....it was time consuming and I looked at the guide, which was useless....as the hint was at times, also.

And yes, I wish there had been a skip for the hos....particularly the last, which was so dark and items obscured that I had to use the hint to find the music notes. I'm noticing more and more the dim lighting in hos, making it difficult to find items. There is no alternative to play that I saw. As usual, the puzzles outnumber the hos...of course.

The best part of this demo for me was the passed out guy at the bar~

Edited on 03/03/2018 at 6:47:18 PM PST

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Mar 3, 18 2:25 PM
cathybobcat wrote:I would not consider this to be a player friendly game, but one that is more for advanced players. It was very slow moving and boring with very foggy graphics, making it difficult to see. If I wasn't using the hint, I was skipping the over abundance of puzzles. There was not an easy flow to this. It was tedious to finish the demo.

Gameplay was not even interesting, but often times appeared to be very disjointed and confusing as to what you are supposed to do. It was complicated.

There is much going back and forth performing senseless tasks. So you bring the dead body back to life temporarily to get some answers as to what happened to her...how convenient...then you ask her questions by clicking the conversations...all the while saying how bad you feel to do this to her, but you just have to find out. Then when she is allowed to return to her rest, you find a horseshoe in her hand that you have to collect....guess it didn't bring her any good luck, did it?

There were a few mini games that should have had a skip...pushing piano keys by watching the guy's eyes?....come on. You have to look through 3 peep holes in 3 different doors by adjusting a lens to find something interesting? Also matching dates on wine bottles. Whether you like doing it or not you have to. There are no instructions for these that I found. You're on your own. One of the worst was spraying the scent to find the correct doorway....seemed like maybe a glitz because I had a hard time getting it to work....it was time consuming and I looked at the guide, which was useless....as the hint was at times, also.

And yes, I wish there had been a skip for the hos....particularly the last, which was so dark and items obscured that I had to use the hint to find the music notes. I'm noticing more and more the dim lighting in hos, making it difficult to find items. There is no alternative to play that I saw. As usual, the puzzles outnumber the hos...of course.

The best part of this demo for me was the passed out guy at the bar~

Agree.......... the last few games have been really bad (in my opinion) - worst was the jumping tool kit in the Wanderlust game. I will have to quit buying some of these games just to have a new one to play when they are really bad. I keep having to quit the Wanderlust game because of the tool kit. When will these developers learn to NOT keep putting in all these dumb gimmicks. It's not amusing anymore, it's irritating.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Mar 3, 18 4:28 PM
Answer to question about puzzles : My favorite part is the puzzles so if I have to skip one YES I want to see how it is done. Of course with a Collector Game you already have an answer. What I do not like is no RESET button for a puzzle so you can go by the written answer if you cant figure it out.

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Mar 3, 18 5:42 PM
I am confused, Are you guys saying that a couple of puzzles can't be skipped at all. Or just on hard mode? I don't do well with puzzles so if I can't do one then I can't move on or finish the game,, Thank you in advance,,

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 3, 18 6:14 PM
Yes, some can't be skipped. A very small amount. I wouldn't play without the guide.
But I haven't come across one yet that I couldn't get past.
But I don't like it. I'm playing on casual mode.

Edited on 03/03/2018 at 6:28:40 PM PST

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 3, 18 6:50 PM
demon13 wrote:I am confused, Are you guys saying that a couple of puzzles can't be skipped at all. Or just on hard mode? I don't do well with puzzles so if I can't do one then I can't move on or finish the game,, Thank you in advance,,

Yes, there are some that can't be skipped on the casual mode, but you can make it through by using hundreds of hints.

Edited on 03/03/2018 at 6:51:01 PM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 3, 18 7:10 PM
cathybobcat wrote:

Yes, there are some that can't be skipped on the casual mode, but you can make it through by using hundreds of hints.

How about all the hints for the three pronged key? I used the most hints on that one. Like fifteen hints. I didn't want to do the three pronged key.

The dice number in the beginning, made no sense either.
There is no reference to a number for the dice.
I just used the number from the guide.

I really like the storyline of this game and I clicked buy before I tried it, so I'm all in. I'll keep on playing.

Edited on 03/04/2018 at 6:01:20 AM PST

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Mar 4, 18 11:56 AM
Majestyx12, I didn't observe any hint for the dice, either, but I wondered as soon as I came to that puzzle if there might have been a number (part of the address) on the calling card that I had just given to the officer. If so, that was sneaky, & I will definitely examine every item I receive much more closely going forward!!

I liked the mini-game at the end of the first HOP. I started the demo last night, but had to stop right after the dice, so that's all the farther I've gotten. Hopefully I can at least complete the demo today, this game is looking good to me.

Go to: