prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:malware alert-unable to install

[Post New]by prpldva on Jul 2, 10 9:03 AM
Glad you were able to get it working! It's a pretty good game.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 2, 10 9:12 AM
Hi everyone!

I want to assure you that Big Fish Games will never release a game that is potentially harmful. We are currently in contact with Avast in order to resolve the false positives. We apologize for any frustration and thank you for your patience and reports here in the forums.

If you have anymore concerns, feel free to contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you everyone!

bfgTigris

mz_dori
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mz_dori on Jul 2, 10 12:00 PM
This is not just an Avast problem, there is a problem with the game itself. The game developers need to find the code that is causing the problem within the game. I do not use Avast. I use AVG and Superantispyware. When I try to launch the game, after purchasing, it shuts down my pc. When I get it booted up again, the game is gone! Contacting Avast is not going to fix the problem, because if they make what ever the maleware is that the game is reporting safe, then when someone does get it, for real, and not through the game, they will not have any protection against it.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 2, 10 12:02 PM
I've given up trying to play ths game too.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 2, 10 3:02 PM
Some AVs are rejecting this game and some aren't.

For the people that are having problems, please report it.

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/165/session/L3NpZC9UWjN1cVUzaw==

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 2, 10 5:19 PM
Hi fishies,

I want to assure you that Big Fish Games will never release a game that is potentially harmful. Prior to launching any game we test the game files against a long list of antivirus software suites – there are 41 that we test against including AVAST! and AVG.

We have tested the game files associated with Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole several times (against these AV products) both before and after launch, and on every occasion the results have returned as negative. We have also sent all the files directly to our contacts at AVAST! and AVG to triple and quadruple check that there is no risk associated with the game.

Please be aware that in 100% cases to date where files have been flagged by and antivirus company, true malware has NEVER been found on any of our games, all incidents have been confirmed as false positive detections.

Rest assured that we do everything in our power to ensure a fun and safe gaming experience, and this game is no different.

Please also see the help article on virus warnings - here

Mr_Russ is right, if a Big Fish Game is being flagged by your Anti Virus company, please contact Customer Support so we can connect with the AV company that flagged the game.

We ask that you please include the following information in your Customer Support ticket.

What is the Anti Virus software you are using?

What came were you playing when you got an error message?

What file is being flagged by the Anti Virus software

What is the error message you have received, what has been found (worm, Trojan, virus)?

You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Thanks everyone!

bfgTigris

Edited on 07/02/2010 at 5:25:39 PM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 2, 10 6:40 PM
I have Avast and received no warning messages when I downloaded the game.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jul 2, 10 11:54 PM
I have been in contact with BF Customer Service and they are working with Avast to rectify this problem. Once in a while something like this will happen. Rather have an antivirus that is cautious than one that is not. I too had no problem with the demo, only when I tried to download after purchase. I know this will be taken care of and it is not something any of us should stress about. BF Customer Service is always so responsive and helpful with their usual nice, cheerful attitude.

Thank you BF.

This was posted at shortly after 5pm 2 July in the tech problems thread.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jul 2, 10 11:57 PM
FYI

Just downloaded Flux Family and it picked up right where the demo left off. Way to go BF and Avast for such a prompt fix.

This was posted in the tech issues thread at 5:52pm 2 July

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jul 2, 10 11:58 PM
Howatch wrote:I have Avast and received no warning messages when I downloaded the game.

It had been resolved by the time you downloaded Howatch

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jul 3, 10 5:52 AM
Avast has corrected its table. There is now no problem with a false virus alert.

[Post New]by StormChaos on Aug 24, 14 9:45 AM
Using the android app from goggle play store. Android version 4.1.2 with avg antivirus. Showing up as malware. Not sure why. Not worried too much just a heads up.

Go to: