Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fantasy Mosaics 27: Secret Colors here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 5, 18 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/05/2018 at 7:23:49 AM PST

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fantasy Mosaics 27: Secret Colors here.

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 5, 18 5:13 AM
1. This forum is infested with adspam.

2. This game has serious issues. First of all, I couldn't turn off the music. Normally I enjoy listening to the music in these games, but this time it was too loud... and I couldn't turn it down or mute it.

Secondly, I hadn't even made it through the very first puzzle when the game abruptly stopped and I was informed that the trial had expired. It was less than 2 minutes into the game!

Ordinarily I don't hesitate to purchase a Fantasy Mosaics game. But this time I absolutely will NOT buy it unless these issues are fixed.

NO SALE.

(I am using a Windows 10 laptop.)

Edited on 03/05/2018 at 5:14:12 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 5, 18 7:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 5, 18 4:21 PM
According to the Help article, one remedy for the trial period ending before getting to play the game is to restart the BFG app. But the trial period can't be extended, so how are we supposed to know if the game is actually going to work?

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 6, 18 12:55 AM
Valkara wrote:According to the Help article, one remedy for the trial period ending before getting to play the game is to restart the BFG app. But the trial period can't be extended, so how are we supposed to know if the game is actually going to work?

Try a clean re-install of the game once the app has been re-booted. Also you say in your other post that this game has 'serious issues'. I don't have any problems with it. Music turns off ok and I'm now on level 3 without any issues at all.

I use Win7 on a desktop.

Edited on 03/06/2018 at 12:59:19 AM PST

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 6, 18 2:35 AM
angelfish106 wrote:
Valkara wrote:According to the Help article, one remedy for the trial period ending before getting to play the game is to restart the BFG app. But the trial period can't be extended, so how are we supposed to know if the game is actually going to work?

Try a clean re-install of the game once the app has been re-booted. Also you say in your other post that this game has 'serious issues'. I don't have any problems with it. Music turns off ok and I'm now on level 3 without any issues at all.

I use Win7 on a desktop.

My point is that the TRIAL version doesn't work. I couldn't turn down the music, nor could I mute it. And the trial period lasted less than 2 minutes before the game quit and I got the "time expired" screen.

I took a chance that the game might work if I bought it... and it has so far. But the trial version not working is not a good thing.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Mar 7, 18 3:24 AM
The game has technical issues, started playing the trial then re-started, and now it will not display on screen but I do hear the music. Never had this happen before so obviously there is a glitch somewhere.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 7, 18 2:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear there have been some issues while trying to play the game. Let's see if we can get things working better.

Let's start with the free trial. When a free trial ends early, this is most often related to something going wrong during the installation of the trial. Our first step for this kind of problem is reinstalling the free trial to try to correct what went wrong. In case it helps, here are steps on how to do that:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game
Download a Trial Game

We don't have a way to reset the trial time if this doesn't fix the problem, but we do have some additional troubleshooting steps that can prevent it from happening in the future. If you'd like to go over them, send me a PM, Valkara, and I'll be happy to go over them with you.

It also sounds like there are some display issues. Display troubles are often related to the game needing some other resource or additional permissions in order to work to the best of its abilities. We can try to adjust and update a few things, and the following articles have steps to guide us through these processes:

Video Driver Updates
Screen Resolution

If none of the above resolves the described issues, please contact our Technical Support Team. Our Moderator Team is also available by PM to answer any questions that our players may have, and we invite you to contacts one of us by PM any time.

bfgArinelle

Monkeygus
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Monkeygus on Mar 7, 18 4:46 PM
I didn't have problems with the trial because I always buy Fantasy Mosaic games when they come out (LOVE THEM!). I've never had a problem until this one. I got to level 5 and quit the game. Came back to play again and it won't open. I got a notice about a virus when I tried to start it. I'm not sure whether that is related or not. I quarantined the virus and tried to start the game again. It won't restart. I deleted the game and tried to reinstall, but it don't reinstall. Some help would be great. I am using a PC

jen505
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jen505 on Mar 8, 18 8:16 PM
I played 20-something levels -- hours of playing -- with no problems. Then, my screen froze. I restarted my computer and when I reopened the game the screen was TINY. I couldn't maximize the screen. I have uninstalled BFG and Fantasy Mosaics multiple times. I have restarted my computer multiple times. Running Windows 10 and my resolution is the same as always. But it will only open TINY. Other games are opening just fine. What's up?!?

SO FRUSTRATED.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 11, 18 3:37 PM
Hi Monkeygus and jen505,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles while playing. Let's go over some troubleshooting steps to see if we can get things working better.

Monkeygus: In your case, it sounds like one of the game's files was flagged by the antivirus on the computer. When that file was quarantined, it made the game unable to be opened, and the antivirus is also now blocking the reinstallation of the game because it sees a file in the installation folder that has been quarantined. What we can do here is allow the file by following the steps here:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

I certainly understand the concern a virus message could bring our players, and I want to reassure that our games are guaranteed to be virus free. Antivirus companies update their definitions all the time, and, in their drive to catch everything, they can end up catching innocent files as well. When this happens, we ask our players to let our Technical Support Team know the following:

1. The name and version of the installed antivirus
2. The name of the file flagged by the antivirus (it may end in .exe)
3. What the virus warning error message said

They can then contact the antivirus company, who will test the file and get back to us. In all cases when this has been done in the past, the antivirus company has corrected the issue and removed the file from their definitions list. I hope this helps ease any concerns that warning may have caused. For more information, please visit the following link:

Virus Messages

jen505: Resolution issues can certainly be frustrating. Since what you've tried hasn't helped, let's follow some steps to improve the visuals for a game:

Video Driver Updates
Screen Resolution

If none of the above helps, please contact our Technical Support Team. You can also PM me or another Moderator with questions. We'll be happy to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by firechic514 on Mar 13, 18 2:54 PM
So my issue is that while playing this game, it marks all my correct tiles wrong and restarts the level. Every time. I've exited out and restarted everything. I will try uninstalling, just curious if there were any other tips

[Post New]by firechic514 on Mar 13, 18 3:11 PM
firechic514 wrote:So my issue is that while playing this game, it marks all my correct tiles wrong and restarts the level. Every time. I've exited out and restarted everything. I will try uninstalling, just curious if there were any other tips

The reinstallation did nothing.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 14, 18 12:35 PM
Hi firechic514,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles. We can try a couple of troubleshooting steps to see if we can get things working better. To start, let's change up the resources and permissions the game has available to it to see if that helps the performance of the game. Steps for this can be found here:

Video Driver Updates

If that doesn't do the trick, please let our Technical Support Team know. You're also welcome to PM one of our Moderators anytime. We're always happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by 2bees1 on Mar 18, 18 1:23 PM
I think my problem is strange but then I read some of the other posts and now I wonder. What happens to me is that I'll be playing along and all of a sudden the game will completely disappear, except I can still hear the music. Of course, I can't back out and close the game but need to pull up task manager in order to close the game. I can get back in and play for a while and then it goes away again. By the second time I'm disgusted and don't want to reopen it mostly because all my progress was lost I guess because I'm shutting down the game from a place other than the game itself. Are there any suggestions or should I just let it go as a lost cause and pull up one of the previous games if I really want to play?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 18, 18 1:54 PM
Hi 2bees1,

It sounds like the game is crashing into the background while playing. This sort of issue can have several causes, so we can try some of the steps from the following articles to try to improve how the game and computer get along. Hopefully this will stop the game from freezing or crashing as it is now. Here are those links:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team to let them know. Our Moderators are also available by PM to answer any questions that we can. Please feel free to contact us whenever you'd like.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by cinniecakes on Mar 30, 18 7:49 PM
I am getting a Fatal Error message and it will not play.

HELP! I have purchased this game and playing on Windows 10.

[Post New]by bronzekitten29 on Apr 15, 18 4:25 PM
hi everyone i am having a issue and i am also on a windows 10 laptop and i usually dont have issues but today i got one it was a fatal message it only showed up when i went to change my settings from windowed to full as soon as i clicked it the full screen option thats when it showed up, my computer crashed just before this and I am running avast antivirus. please help.

Go to: