bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Vault Cracker

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 3, 10 12:05 AM
Melissa lives an ideal life with her eight-year-old son Noah. But she's no ordinary mom; she was once one of the most sought-after cat burglars in the world. But she gave up a life of crime and found a new identity. After years of living abroad under a false identity, she decided to make a trip to her hometown and show her son where she grew up. Melissa must find her son, figure out who's behind his kidnapping, and stay off the police radar in Vault Cracker The Last Safe, a fun Hidden Object game.

Edited on 07/03/2010 at 8:35:39 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Vault Cracker

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 3, 10 1:28 AM
I Beta-tested this one, and already got stucked in the first chapter. Glad that there is a walkthrough...

Clear graphics, Adventure-HOG. Many "pockets" with objects to find, and so the "usual" objects screens. The hint system helps you to find objects during the adventure mode by a "pick hand", but you have to decide where to go and what to do.

It's a Gogii... and I am addicted to them...

Not an easy game for me, but I like it.

I hope that Picman read the threads - Please, give us one of your hilarious hits, in honor of 4th of July! God Bless America!!!

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Jul 3, 10 1:34 AM
What a great game! I played the entire hour and it went by so fast. It has a casual and a timed mode and of course I played the casual one. The gameplay I found to be refreshing and a lot of fun. When you click on a place that shows a gear, rings will appear with objects in them, kind of like Treasure Seekers, but there are some objects shaded in red, and those are hidden and have to be found elsewhere. When the pointer changes to a magnifying glass, it will open up a hidden object area with things to find. The mini-games are pretty easy but can be tricky and they are skippable. I really didn't listen to the music so I can't say anything about it. All in all, I would give this game

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Jul 3, 10 1:46 AM
It crashed my system after 10 minutes - might be OK, but I don't allow a second chance when this happens as next time it might really screw things up. (Running Windows 7 HP on laptop).

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Jul 3, 10 2:23 AM
it also crashed my system as well, Im going to delete and reinstall to see if that will work

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Staril on Jul 3, 10 2:54 AM
It looks interesting but it is yet another game that displays tiny size on my wide screen laptop. I don't want it to use the widescreen ... just to use the full height of the screen. Some games display perfectly ... other don't And the support people don't seem to have a clue why not

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Jul 3, 10 3:19 AM
it working ok for me but will play full hour before i can make up my mind so far i like it but some times i buy a game after about 10 min and then find i dont like it so need to play this one for full hour lol
you all ok in the pond
besstan

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Staril on Jul 3, 10 3:34 AM
Ahh ... got it to display properly ... not sure if I will buy it yet ... for some reason the game just isn't grabbing my attention.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jul 3, 10 4:33 AM
Brilliant game so far - no problem with loading etc. I have a widescreen monitor and have not encountered any problems with screen size.

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on Jul 3, 10 4:34 AM
I really enjoyed this. I played the demo in the Advanced mode and found it a real challenge. I like games that I can't just skip through; I get bored if there's nothing to think about. It ran a bit slow and sticky at times but that's my laptop and a weird CPU problem I'm having. The hidden object scenes are clear and challenging and I thought the minigames were inventive and fun. It's a buy for me.

Not sure why I have to dress Melissa up, though. If there was a particular outfit she had to wear I'd understand it, but there doesn't seem to be. It seems a bit pointless to me.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jul 3, 10 4:45 AM
glitterbutterfly, I`m exactly the same and need games I have to think about and work out, love challenging games so this is just right for me.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Jul 3, 10 4:59 AM
I kept waiting for myself to like this game, didn't happen.

So, far there is variety of features in the game. HOG scenes, scenes were you gather items to put in the circle, mini games, assemble items, etc.

HOG scenes are junkpile and items way to easy to find. Ditto for the circle items (they can be found in other scenes not just scene you're in).

Graphics were a mix of color and monochrome. Some of the HOGS were not relative to their size (which bugs me), like diamonds the size of basketballs.

There is overclick penalty for a few seconds. There was a section where you had to "dress" the main character (pick out her hair, shirt, pants, shoes)..no idea what that was for.

Even on the hard level, I found it too easy. Doubt if I'll buy it even with the sale going on.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jul 3, 10 5:22 AM
Still on the fence after 40 minutes of demo.

I like a bit of a story, but often the dialog is just way too annoying.

Why isn't this woman more concerned with her missing son?

A decent variety of things to do.

Also agree with the others; what was up with the 'disguise'?

(Gee, I hardly recognized her!)

Well, now that I have 'talked it out', I think I will be passing on this one.

Maybe pick it up on DD someday.

ETA:

I did pick this one up a few years later.

I do like the game play.

Angel

Edited on 02/14/2013 at 1:23:02 AM PST

[Post New]by missillusioned on Jul 3, 10 5:38 AM
Note on the disguise thing: I think it had something to do with the fact that when she first spoke to mouse he said she would have to be careful, people would be looking for her. So I think that's why you have to change her disguise so often so that people a) don't recognise her from her past b) that she will be harder to follow?

Just guessing here.
I really like the game. I think the mini games are challenging and not the same kind of minigame you always get.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jul 3, 10 5:39 AM
great game! The directions are clear and concise. I like this type of "cartoon" graphics. The story isn't cumbersome. The puzzles are nicely done and the level of difficulty is just right for me. It's a "keeper".
Dr.good

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 3, 10 5:43 AM
I was going to buy this one as soon as it came out...usually I will go ahead and demo from whoever comes out first and if I like it, I will go ahead and get it. But Mudrock said it was coming here this week so I decided to wait...only because I had to work and knew I wouldn't really have time to play it anyway. So BF will get my first sale dollars today if I like the demo. I really am addicted to hogs, and I do like some better than others...still on the fence about the latest pyramid one, yet I know I will get it anyway, and keep it on tap for another drought...ya know, any port in a storm Might as well take advantage of the sale and get them both. I still have three credits from last month. Have decided to take someone's advice and not waste them on games that I wouldn't normally buy. Maybe there will be something I really want soon. That review site has a bunch of them waiting in the wings.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 3, 10 5:52 AM
Oh heck...I just looked at the walkthrough and realized I did download the demo before and chose not to keep playing it as I knew BF was going to get it...brain freeze, I guess. I quit playing the demo from the other place when I got to dress her up part, lol. Ya know, there was a time when you could demo in one place and buy from another and the game would start you off from where you left off in the demo. Those days are over, and since I really dislike re-runs, I am learning not to demo one that I know BF is getting soon. My problem is when I want a hog and don't know that BF is getting it anytime soon. Oh well, I want to play when I want to play and if someone else gets my bucks first, then I am just spreading them around. I do really wish that BF would announce more than a couple upcoming games...would make a difference to me, as I really do like their CS.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jul 3, 10 5:53 AM
I played this on another site , didn't do a hole lot for me ..

BillTheOne
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by BillTheOne on Jul 3, 10 6:06 AM
Played Demo,
D/L at 1.6mps
No probs game played extra smooth
Good graphics
Not to hard,not to easy
Bought Game(4th July Special) Have fun

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jul 3, 10 6:39 AM
I was quite enjoying playing this game, then it totally shut down my pc... very odd .... now i'm scared to play it again, my pc obviously doesn't like it

lou

Go to: