Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 6, 18 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/06/2018 at 7:21:45 AM PST

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Mar 6, 18 2:32 AM
the game dl very fast, when i hit the play button the whole screen is scrambled, cant see thingCisca

lingerda
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by lingerda on Mar 6, 18 4:57 AM
downloaded game nothing happened uninstalled and reinstalled same thing happened using windows 10 and everything is updated. ????

[Post New]by strgth4yu on Mar 6, 18 5:56 AM
Downloaded game, not working an error message pops up! Tried uninstalling and reinstall game, but nothing is working!! Disappointed

djoneal
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by djoneal on Mar 6, 18 5:56 AM
Downloaded and ran the game once. Got an error access violation but the game ran any way. Got a scrambled picture like ciscaR8 did.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 6, 18 7:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Mar 6, 18 8:16 AM
I'm running windows 10 and the game downloaded fine and the demo played fine. Not sure why I can play while others cannot. As a side note... I am/was unable to play Medium Detective (the normal and the CE version). kept getting error code. Don't understand why some (most) games play just fine with no issues and then some random game will not play at all.
???
Good luck

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 6, 18 8:54 AM
Penguin29 wrote:I'm running windows 10 and the game downloaded fine and the demo played fine. Not sure why I can play while others cannot. As a side note... I am/was unable to play Medium Detective (the normal and the CE version). kept getting error code. Don't understand why some (most) games play just fine with no issues and then some random game will not play at all.
???
Good luck

Good point! I have noticed that a lot of the games lately seem to be having issues with those that have Windows 10, seems that more people are complaining about issues with games, and as you stated, it seems to be a hit or miss. Perhaps it's just a win10 issue that MS needs to address and work out the bugs.

With that being said, I have Windows 10, and I didn't have any issues playing this particular game. It may be something that requires several win 10 users here at BF to allow MS to gather info, I know I personally don't like to allow automatic info to be sent or gathered, but I may just have to check that box going forward so MS knows that us pond dwellers are having difficulty swimming

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Mar 6, 18 8:57 AM
I use 8.1 and very rarely do I encounter problems with d/l or playing games. I have both 8.1 and 10 on my computer and I pretty much only use 8.1 for everything as I'm not fussy about win 10.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 6, 18 9:18 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for reaching out! It's always good to hear when players don't encounter troubles playing our games. As bfgArinelle wrote, the help articles below offer some really excellent troubleshooting steps when game issues do arise.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you'd prefer to communicate more privately, you're always welcome to PM a member of the Moderation Team (which includes me)! Thanks for your patience as we investigate these glitches.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Mar 6, 18 10:48 AM
Why is it that none of the front page reviews are showing up. I submitted my review hours ago as I am sure that others have done as well. It is so annoying when we take our time to write a review and then for whatever reason they don't show up.

Everytime I complain about this issue it turns out to be a communication issue between BFG and the review clearing house server. One would think this problem would be fixed now since it occurs almost monthly.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 6, 18 11:43 AM
Hi biscuitsmama,

While typically this thread is reserved for game related tech issues I did want to take a moment to swim by to address the concerns raised about the reviews temporarily not displaying on the page for Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition.

As you have noted this is something that periodically impacts newly released titles. The temporary interruption to the display of reviews on the page does come down to a small blip in the communication between the vendors' servers and our site and should resolve itself shortly.

I can assure you that we continue to look into this matter and ways in which it can be prevented in future.

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Mar 6, 18 1:26 PM
Thank you bfgMurrumbidgee, I appreciate your taking the time to address my concern and the issue.

I know this is a technical issue thread and I do see this as a tech issue and that is why I posted it here. Thought it would get more attention.

Thanks again for your very kind response as it is much appreciated.

Cheers!

Edited on 03/06/2018 at 1:26:28 PM PST

[Post New]by Patsy4245 on Mar 6, 18 3:36 PM
why is there a long pause every time I change screens.. whenever I use the map, the screen goes blank for awhile then comes back on

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 6, 18 3:59 PM
Hello Patsy4245,

It sounds like there are long pauses between scene changes and that the screen will go blank. Let's see what we can do to fix this.

This issue could be a graphics error, so I'd recommend checking the video card driver to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver directs how the computer's graphics display; installing a newer version would be a good first step.

To ensure the game has all of the permissions it needs, I'd also suggest running it in Administrator Mode. This process should improve its relationship with the computer. The instructions for those respective steps can be found in the help pages below.

Run Game as Administrator

If after trying these suggestions the game still doesn't work properly, email our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to replace the game. Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM us if questions arise in the future.

bfgBeruna

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on Mar 7, 18 8:01 AM
This won't load on windows 10. Needs a serious update. Will wait patiently.

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Mar 7, 18 10:30 AM
Windows 10 just had and update with a lot of problems. They put out a fix in another update. I think this is a windows issue.

M206S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by M206S on Mar 7, 18 12:04 PM
I am not seeing reviews for any new games the past 2 days! what's up with that?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 7, 18 2:46 PM
Hey Everyone,

Since the topic of reviews has come up in this thread, I'm going to go ahead and address the subject. There can sometimes be a delay between when a review is approved and when it appears on our site. In this case, that delay seems to be much longer than usual. We have reached out to the third-party company that helps with our reviews and are waiting for more information about what could be causing this situation. We want to reassure that the reviews do not appear to have been lost; they are instead caught in a queue that isn't moving forward as it normally would.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope thing will be back to normal soon. Please feel free to PM one of our Moderators if there are any more questions about this. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can. Thank you, everyone, for your time and understanding.

bfgArinelle

wewamomma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wewamomma on Mar 8, 18 5:29 PM
downloaded game got error massege uninstalled ,reinstalled same thing cant play it. windows 10

Edited on 03/08/2018 at 5:30:35 PM PST

Go to: