Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 6, 18 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/06/2018 at 7:20:16 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 6, 18 2:50 AM
Haven't finished demo, but Id recommend waiting for a sale on this one!
I purchased game, not creepy just supernatural. But sometimes one mans (women) creepy is an other's supernatural! But wow 6 Chapters + bonus, haven't seen that in a while! & the mini games are super easy, which is cool w/ me cause I don't care for mini games!

Edited on 03/06/2018 at 6:47:37 AM PST

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Mar 6, 18 3:59 AM
Looks promising, but as the demo only lasted 30 minutes it's difficult to tell.

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Mar 6, 18 6:23 AM
I will demo it, seeing as I love Artifex Mundi and their work, then come back and review.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 6, 18 6:41 AM
I enjoyed it, but the storyline is nothing new. It's a slightly older game, released in June of last year tho.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 6, 18 7:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 6, 18 9:04 AM
I'm on the fence with this one. I don't not like it, but I don't really like it. It seems to me to be an aimless game with no real direction. The H.O.'s seem to be jumble piles hidden by low contrast. I just left the screen on and had a cup of tea while I waited for the contrast to sharpen. I must admit that I'm getting long in the tooth, and it may be just these aging eyes.
I never did find the first "Father figure" that the big arrow was pointing to it the tutorial, but the rest were run of the mill morphs. The graphics reminded me of the old fashioned sepia photos I grew up with, and the colors seemed to be subpar for my taste.
I'll probably wait for the SE unless there is a great sale.
It's not a scary game, but heavy on the supernatural.
Try it, doesn't cost anything. You may like it

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Mar 6, 18 10:42 AM
It’s been a very long time since that day when your father dropped you off at an orphanage telling you that one day you would be together again, when the time was right. You’ve almost forgotten your powerful psychic abilities that made your childhood a nightmare and now with the receipt of a letter addressed to your father that was accidentally delivered to you, all of those memories have returned. After contacting your local post office you have been directed to a station in the suburbs where the letter was originally posted. You finally track your father to the residence of Baronet Steameyer but when you arrive, the Baronet tells you to leave because you are not safe there. Why would he say such a thing? As you prepare to leave you see a woman in a window apparently signaling to you so you can’t leave now you must find a way in and at least speak with the woman. When you meet up with Steameyer again, it is apparent that he will go to great lengths to stop you – but why, what is he so afraid of or what is he hiding. You will need to play the terrific HOPA game to figure out the answers to those questions and find out what is hidden in the Steameyer mansion.

Scarlett Mysteries the Cursed Child is an easy game as far as the HOPS and Puzzles but it wasn’t always apparent what I needed to do to move forward. I had to use the dreaded hint button more than once to figure out what I needed to do or find. Your tools include the interactive map and a signet ring that will help you focus your psychic abilities. Each time you use the ring, you must solve a puzzle to help bring things into focus and when the puzzle is completed you will receive another clue. I love the steampunk settings and all of the things you discover as you explore and play this game.

The HOPS are really nothing special but they do include variety and some that are progressive and interactive. The puzzles are very easy but still fun. Some of the puzzles include my favorite a slider type puzzle and then another where I need to sort items on a grid by color into rows and columns. I do hope for some more difficult puzzles toward the end of the game but I am still enjoying the mystery and the puzzles I’ve needed to solve thus far.

The CE has morphing objects that appear to be the only collectible. If there are others I haven’t found them yet and since most of the extras are locked until the game is completed it is difficult to determine. Aside from the morphing objects the other extras are the standard fare with nothing special included. There is a 61-page Strategy and at least for me the game seems long.

Steampunk games are ones that I generally love, and although this one is what I consider slightly steampunk it is a lot of fun. As the mystery develops I find myself more involved in the storyline. Is Steameyer insane, a murderer, or is he simply a father who will go to great lengths to protect his child? If solving the mystery draws you in as it did me then you too will hit that buy button. Even though this is a wonderful game for me, please try the demo to see if it is one you will enjoy as well. Happy Gaming!

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 6, 18 11:19 AM
Was this demo supposed to be serious? I am a slow player and have 55 minutes left. Unbelievable....and so is the quality as well as the game play.

There is no info in the Extras as to how many hos or puzzles you can replay. With the selfish time they give you for a demo and lack of info, it is obvious that they want you to buy before you try. They don't want to give you anything beforehand....makes you wonder, doesn't it?

The scenes are very dark and not well defined....particularly the hos. Is it just me or do they want you to go blind? Most every scene is so cloudy. Maybe the intention is to hold you up in those scenes. If I wasn't using hints, I was skipping all the puzzles which were way too many....not a surprise. Often, I did not know what I was supposed to do or where to look.

There were many mechanical tasks to perform...going back and forth. Who ever would have thought to use a tassel to collect grease from a wheel so that you can grease a door in order to open it? Not me. First hos was inside a train engine room (hard to see items) and was very interactive....had to use hints. Second hos was out of this world....you have to find items from 3 children's coloring sketches....really? I'll tell you, I had to use hints for practically everything because I could NOT see them. It was so dark and dimly lit. It is extremely eye straining.

You have a psychic ability gadget ring that is supposed to help you see things more clearly...uh huh....makes things visually worse. You assemble a puzzle by just rotating the puzzle pieces after using this annoying apparatus.

From this very scarce demo, this appears to be a very poorly put together game, both dynamically and graphic wise. It was not enjoyable, had too many puzzles, and definitely not enough time to see (?) whether you would want to buy it or not. From the frustrating play and poorly lit, shady graphics, I doubt I will even consider the SE.

Edited on 03/06/2018 at 11:49:48 AM PST

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 6, 18 3:24 PM
I don't know where to begin. Oh, wait yes I do, how about arriving on an old steam engine train, and on the platform you see the train track branching off to an electric TROLLEY! I don't mind the occasional anachronism, but COME ON! That's just plain dumb!

Graphics are not good, can't comment much on plot because I only got as far as back out of the train station, and I just could not make myself board the Trolley... But if I hadn't told anyone that, I'll bet I could make up the "plot" and none would be the wiser.

Boring, silly, graphically challenged and inane!

No stars, no buy and why call her a "cursed" child? I'll never know because I'm deleting this.

Abs

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Mar 6, 18 4:12 PM
ark161 wrote:I will demo it, seeing as I love Artifex Mundi and their work, then come back and review.

ark161, I don't know if it matters to you (or anyone else, for that matter), but AM is just the publisher, World-Loom are the devs (same devs who do the Lost Grimoires series).

Edited on 03/06/2018 at 7:00:50 PM PST

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Mar 6, 18 4:43 PM
Based on the demo: I had an okay time playing this, which surprised me, as I didn't expect it to be my cup of tea. I think it was because I found playing it to be fairly effortless; speaking for myself, I found it to be a very straightforward game, in the sense that I had no difficulty figuring out what to do. The HOPs & the graphics overall suffered from being too dark in some places, imo. The collectibles phase in & out; they do so quickly enough that it makes them easier to spot, though some are on the smaller side (there's one in the demo that I could only collect after I cleared an activity adjacent to where it's found). The HOPs, w/ the noted exception regarding the graphics, were varied enough to be enjoyable w/o being anything to write home about. The mini-games were all varieties I've seen before, & none I personally found challenging, so the game flowed well for me in that sense, as I kept quickly moving on to the next thing. There is a gadget, used twice in the demo, which involves playing a mini-game in the form of a puzzle; in the first instance, it was solved by rotating the pieces, & in the second, by moving the pieces around until they were all placed correctly. My playtime was about forty minutes & the Strategy Guide lists six chapters in the main, so I would guess about a four hour game, give or take, plus the bonus play. It may be worth noting that this game was previously released on another site, as is generally the case w/ AM games that come to BF; it's available there w/ the collectibles, but as I understand it, sans the Bonus Chapter & Strategy Guide. I put it on my wish list there, but I would only buy it at a very deep discount (ie, less than the member price for an SE here).

Edited on 03/06/2018 at 7:20:41 PM PST

[Post New]by txblueyes on Mar 7, 18 12:39 AM
this has got to be the absolutely worst game you have ever had.Could not understand it super hard to play and no good instructions that I could find.I hope who ever wrote this game does not do another one. Please do not mess my day up by putting another gane like this one on here. Boo on this game

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Mar 7, 18 10:49 PM
This is a nicely simple, straight-forward game but the demo just wasn't long enough for me to make a decision. I don't know what the devs were thinking with the short demo, but I was enjoying the story, kinda. Hmmmm...guess I'll wait for a Members Sale.

heartblob
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by heartblob on Mar 10, 18 6:15 PM
what I want to know is why after getting an email to say my review of this game was posted IT IS NOT POSTED ????? Heartblob

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Mar 11, 18 8:56 AM
nextgengranny wrote:
ark161 wrote:I will demo it, seeing as I love Artifex Mundi and their work, then come back and review.

ark161, I don't know if it matters to you (or anyone else, for that matter), but AM is just the publisher, World-Loom are the devs (same devs who do the Lost Grimoires series).

It most certainly does matter. I for one love Artifex Mundi game on kind/type because IMO they are simply the greatest(if not one of the greatest) game companies/games ever! And I guess it's okay if Artifex does not make the game, just publish it, In a nutshell I Artifex Mundi. So it kinda does matter for said reasons. It's just too bad that they don't make their own games anymore that's just all

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Mar 16, 18 6:24 PM
Is it just me but this was suppose to be set in the late 1800 or early 1900. In one HOP theres a Washington quarter & a Lincoln penny. Iris is dressed wrong, as everyone else .

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Mar 21, 18 11:38 AM
finished I think it never did say after playing the bonus chapter. glad I used a coupon

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 24, 18 10:12 AM
I liked the theme. Victorian. Had tech troubles getting it started and put in tech problems. Finally got the trial going and tried it but can't purchase with so many problems getting it started. Would of liked to keep playing it too.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 24, 18 10:15 AM
Looks like the first one in the series.

Go to: