Settings Option

[Post New]by thekrazeekatt on Jul 3, 10 1:52 PM
The simulation speed....
Is this for how fast the game moves forward? How animations work?

If it's not those, then what?

Just curious. Thanks

Nansky69
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

Re:Settings Option

[Post New]by Nansky69 on Jul 4, 10 3:42 AM
Hello,

The simulation speed has 4 options: pause, slow, normal and fast. On pause, the game will NOT run when you're not playing it, time won't pass. In slow mode a year on the island is about 4 hours playing, in normal 2 hours and in fast just 1 hour.

[Post New]by thekrazeekatt on Jul 4, 10 10:40 AM
Thank- you Nansky! That's exactly what I was looking for! I needed to see if I could pause it or speed it up depending on my play. For example, we're going away for the evening and it needs pausing. Last night, I was more than a little addicted and should have put it on fast LOL

gailsgame
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by gailsgame on Jul 4, 10 11:42 AM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only thing that will speed up is their aging. So if you want the kids to become adults faster, then you can speed it up. They won't build or collect food any faster. I'm not sure what you are wanting to speed up, so if it's their ages, speed away.

I like to have it in slow speed all the time as I get attached to those funny little pixels!

[Post New]by thekrazeekatt on Jul 4, 10 11:49 AM
Yeah I had one die from old age this morning. It was sad. When it asked me to delete her headstone, I'm like "No! That's just mean!" LOL

[Post New]by thekrazeekatt on Jul 5, 10 5:22 PM
You're right. The speed doesn't affect the gathering rates. I'll post what I found out under my timers subject

[Post New]by toughguy0318 on Jul 12, 10 3:49 PM
The game always seems to run on normal speed while you are playing. The settings only effect when you turn the game off. The people will gather, build, age, and do everything faster on fast setting.

Go to: