bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to The Fifth Gate forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 4, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to The Fifth Gate forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Fifth Gate players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

Re:Welcome to The Fifth Gate forum

[Post New]by divegal on Jul 4, 10 2:03 AM
I just tried installing it and it fails saying it needs Flash, which I definitely have and use all the time, 10.1, Dr. Felix and CS even verified I'm up-to-date just two days ago. Rebooted and tried again, same thing, just for kicks I reinstalled Flash but the installation still failed. Not a good start. Any ideas? Thank you.

P.S. I verified my Flash Player is still current. Something appears to be wrong with the game installer.

Edited on 07/04/2010 at 2:04:02 AM PST

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Jul 4, 10 3:33 AM
I recently downloaded a game that said I needed to install Flash - can't remember which, sorry. I also have the latest version. The problem turned out to be the browser. I usually use Firefox. I downloaded and installed Flash from Internet Explorer. The game ran fine after that.

Other than that, try CS again.

[Post New]by abengalcatlover on Jul 4, 10 7:00 PM
I having issues with the game starting. It freezes when you first begin. Than I use task manager and bring it up from the bottom and it works fine. Frustrating this happens everytime you play. Also when is the new version of Journalist Journey going to be out?
I am still waiting for it since it freezes up on the clock hands like many others.
Lisa

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jul 4, 10 7:36 PM
CheerfulDragon8 wrote:I recently downloaded a game that said I needed to install Flash - can't remember which, sorry. I also have the latest version. The problem turned out to be the browser. I usually use Firefox. I downloaded and installed Flash from Internet Explorer. The game ran fine after that.

Other than that, try CS again.

Thank you. I will notify CS but won't change my Flash to Exploder's version, seems odd to have to do that for a game, but I do thank you for sharing your experience

lstockdale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by lstockdale on Jul 5, 10 1:32 PM
I'm playing "The Fifth Gate" now, but I'm wondering if any1 else has hit this snag: I've completed the first potion, received the rose seeds, but I can't seem to find a way to plant them. I click on the rose seeds, but can't pick them up.

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Jul 5, 10 8:10 PM
you have to have the gold to purchase them before you can pick them up

[Post New]by kateb8 on Jul 6, 10 10:38 PM
Hi Everyone!

I downloaded the game but I've a problem opening it. The message I get is "sorry but this product isn't compatible with your display. Try using a different display (for instance the main display in your laptop), if you have an option".

I have Windows 7. My screen resolution is set for 1024x600. Could that be a problem?
Anyone having the same issue?

Thanks!
kateb8

3rd gate frozen lotuses

[Post New]by Scmcbride24 on Jul 7, 10 8:50 AM
So i have been stuck on this goal for 4 days and everytime i collect a frozen lotus it doesn't count it. Can anyone help me please??!!

[Post New]by riddles86 on Jul 7, 10 11:22 AM
3rd gate. I can not upgrade flower storage. Once I hit 170 flowers
I tried two different time. Both games will not
let me upgrade

[Post New]by gommer on Jul 7, 10 2:04 PM
ik vertel het in het Nederlands, ik vind het super.
mooi ontwerp, fijne muziek. een aanrader !

[Post New]by TheMastercat on Jul 8, 10 2:16 PM
lstockdale wrote:I'm playing "The Fifth Gate" now, but I'm wondering if any1 else has hit this snag: I've completed the first potion, received the rose seeds, but I can't seem to find a way to plant them. I click on the rose seeds, but can't pick them up.

I am just about finished this game (love it by the way) and I ran into this in the beginning and had to sell a plant to make room for another one. You know that you have to dig new holes sometimes too, right? Good luck.

3rd gate frozen lotuses

[Post New]by TheMastercat on Jul 8, 10 2:21 PM
Scmcbride24 wrote:So i have been stuck on this goal for 4 days and everytime i collect a frozen lotus it doesn't count it. Can anyone help me please??!!

For those goals where you have to collect a certain number of a type of flower, you cannot use them in potions and still have them count. They also will not register until you start the next round. You can do it!! Good luck.

[Post New]by madbettybongo on Jul 12, 10 10:54 AM
Hi there, does anyone know if you can remove the custom cursor? I find my game to be rather slow with the custom cursor, but no option to remove it and have a standard cursor? On some games when you have a choice, it's much quicker without the custom one.

Thanks

bettybongo

[Post New]by betonce on Jul 18, 10 5:53 PM
this is the only bigfish game that crashed my computer. really crashed it. it wouldnt shut off even with the button. i held the button until it went off ans it just restarted (opening to a black screen (3 times), then i took the battery out. when i started my computer it asked if i wanted to start in safe mode. at that point i didnt even have a cursor. it said press enter if i wanted to start in normal mode. i had no cursor, so i pressed enter. my computer is ok now, but i want to know why this game wont play

Zobig
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Zobig on Jul 20, 10 5:53 AM
I was thinking of purchasing the game but changed my mind after reading comments about the game . Seems to much trouble , with clicking and other issues that many of you wrote.
I thank for the forums , I check before I buy now, have purchased before many games that had problems. I don't have time asking for technical help when I purchase a game , I like the game to have no technical problems and I can play and I don't purchase anymore games without a time mode choice.
Thanks folks for your comments.

Edited on 07/20/2010 at 5:54:13 AM PST

[Post New]by chesherecat on Jul 21, 10 8:37 AM
I have just tried this game the worst game ever I got rid of it before my time was up

[Post New]by SueAnn55 on Jan 4, 11 6:21 PM
Hi,
I am near the end of the game and have had heaps of gold. Now I am down to 0 gold as I keep trying to fill the water jug. It says I am low on water and have only 71858172 credits of water and when I try to fill the water jug it takes the gold but doen't fill it. The water from the pond doesn't fill it and just disappears and the plants won't water and die.

The measure on the bottom the jug doesn't show all the numbers, the first number is too high and you can only see the bottom of it and it shows that there are 35 credits in the jug but when I try to use them in the game it won't allow it.

Any one having the same or similar problem?
Thanks

Go to: