Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 8, 18 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/08/2018 at 8:18:11 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 8, 18 5:30 AM
When I got to the "beach scene" and zoomed in on the octopus with the ladder next to the boat, everything completely froze up. I couldn't do anything, esc did nothing, even the cursor disappeared. I had to click ctrl-alt-delete to bring up the task manager. Once the task manager appeared, a pop up window appeared saying I had an access violation and was terminated. I clicked to replay the game, and it played through the demo without any errors, but I'm leery about buying this game, because the last HH game played without incident for the entire main game, but I never could finish the Bonus Chapter because the same thing happened over and over. Drove me nuts because I wanted to know what happened!

Windows 10 (all updates current)

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 8, 18 8:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 8, 18 9:10 AM
I also have Window 10 PC and I didn't have a problem in the trial, so I hope the remainder of the game is good. Fingers crossed.

Edited on 03/08/2018 at 9:12:30 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 8, 18 10:09 AM
Hello pennmom36 and Majestyx12,

Thank you both for bringing this issue our attention. I'd recommend the usual troubleshooting steps: checking the computer's video card driver and running the game in Administrator Mode. Just in case, I included help articles with those instructions below:

There's a chance that my suggestions won't fix the game, and I apologize for that. If that's the case, please email our Technical Support Team for further assistance. Your patience is sincerely appreciated; don't hesitate to PM a member of the Moderation Team if more questions arise.

Have a lovely day.

bfgBeruna

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 8, 18 11:34 AM
Majestyx12 wrote:I also have Window 10 PC and I didn't have a problem in the trial, so I hope the remainder of the game is good. Fingers crossed.

this is the best I can do with my virtual fingers lol

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 8, 18 1:32 PM
My fingers just came uncrossed.
Window 10 PC.

I was on chapter 5 and just put my ticket into the machine to enter the park and it froze.

Windows gave me this- Error: access violation at 0x0054DOBE (tried to write to 0x000006D8), program terminated.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 8, 18 2:29 PM
Hello Majestyx12,

I'm sorry Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition has received an access violation. I'd recommend trying the steps outlined in my previous post: checking for video card driver updates and running the game in Administrator Mode. If those steps don't stop the game from freezing, email our Technical Support Team, and they'll replace the game.

Thanks for your patience. Please have an excellent week.

bfgBeruna

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 8, 18 2:46 PM
Thank You bfgBeruna.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 8, 18 3:05 PM
Majestyx12 wrote:My fingers just came uncrossed.
Window 10 PC.

I was on chapter 5 and just put my ticket into the machine to enter the park and it froze.

Windows gave me this- Error: access violation at 0x0054DOBE (tried to write to 0x000006D8), program terminated.

That's the same message I got...so we'll uncross our virtual fingers and change them to lol

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Mar 11, 18 4:01 PM
Mac, running 10.13.3
Got to Chapter 4/Workshop. The gas puzzle would not advance the ball. Ended up skipping the game.

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Mar 12, 18 2:42 AM
I omitted to pick up the gem at the park entrance and when I went back to retrieve it, the booth wouldn't open. Is this a glitch or my fault for failing to pick it up. As the game was nearly finished, I was not pleased having to restart it from the beginning under a new profile. Playing on Macbook Air.

gkilli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by gkilli on Mar 13, 18 2:49 PM
I have the same problem. only have 2 of the gems, but no other is where it says it should be

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 13, 18 5:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for reaching out and for trying the troubleshooting steps my fellow moderators and I have suggested. Just in case, I've included some help articles with useful recommendations below:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Please email our Technical Support Team if the suggestions in those articles don't fix the game. They'll be able to provide a new solution.

You're also welcome to PM me or another moderator whenever the need arises. We're here to listen and to provide answers.

bfgBeruna

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 17, 18 8:18 PM
Syndalee wrote:Mac, running 10.13.3
Got to Chapter 4/Workshop. The gas puzzle would not advance the ball. Ended up skipping the game.
Syndalee, I had the same problem, but I found a workround: I rotated the square the ball was in when it got stuck, rotated it so that the line it was on faced downward and connected to another line in another square and clicked the down arrow. The arrow advanced a little bit, without leaving the square, and therefor became "unstuck". I then rotated it back around so it connected to the line I wanted it to go on and it continued along that line. If you play again, hope this helps you progress past that part without skipping. Happy gaming!!

ETA: I am playing on a MacBook Pro 10.8.5

Edited on 03/17/2018 at 8:19:30 PM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 18, 18 1:56 PM
Hi WilJul,

Thanks so much for swimming by with that workaround! Hopefully it'll come in handy for other players as well. Hope you're having a wonderful day!

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Jazz7yGirl on Mar 19, 18 8:17 PM

Problem - Correct me if I'm wrong, but by the time you reach chapter 2 there should be 4 memory elements and 4 morphing objects you can pick up? Or so says the strategy guide. However, when I got to chapter 2 I picked up the objects as normal and now have 5 morphing objects and only 3 memory elements.

The only thing I can think of that may have caused this error is because I picked up the objects on the shore before the cutscene. Now I have to start all over. Is this a glitch? Or are the objects mislabeled in the guide?

[Post New]by Pepperit51 on Mar 20, 18 7:37 PM
I'm having trouble getting this game to load after I purchased it. I keep getting an Error 806400. I only have one account with the one email. So I didn't purchase it under a different account.

Edited on 03/20/2018 at 7:37:52 PM PST

[Post New]by msoxtox on Mar 25, 18 10:27 AM
I've seen a couple posts about the 3 gems I also have that problem and cannot advance in the game anymore. I went to the strategy guide and I had taken all the gems. There hasn't been a post how to fix this that I have seen.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 25, 18 11:00 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while awaiting a reply. It sounds like there have been some progression issues (both in the game and a question about the collectibles), and an 806400 error coming up. Let's see what we can do to get things working better.

Jazz7yGirl: For your question, I don't really have a way to confirm if it's an error in the strategy guide or some other error in the game itself, as our Moderator team hasn't been through the game and gathered up the collectibles. The idea to start over again and check is probably the best way to establish what may have happened in this case. We certainly recognizes this is an inconvenience, and I apologize that it's become necessary. Please let us know what you find out so we can pass along the information, as needed, to the appropriate teams. Thank you so much for testing this out to see what's happening!

Pepperit51: Error 806400 is a general activation error that mostly shows up with Windows 8 and 10. In most cases, it appears due to a missing update for Windows, so our suggestion is to go ahead and run Windows Update to see if that fixes things up.

msoxtox: I'm not familiar with the particular part of the game being described, but I can go ahead and offer some general advice for progression troubles in a game. For progression issues, we suggest that our players try a couple of troubleshooting steps to see if they improve the situation. These suggestions are designed to improve the way the game and computer get along. Here are a couple of links with ideas to try out:

Video Driver Updates

If the offered troubleshooting doesn't resolve the described issues, please contact our Technical Support Team so they can help us collect helpful information. They can also provide a replacement game, when appropriate.

Our Moderators are available by PM as well to answer any questions that we can. Please feel free to PM us anytime. We'll be happy to help.

bfgArinelle

Go to: