Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 8, 18 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/08/2018 at 8:17:39 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 8, 18 1:28 AM
So far its not as creepy as the title sounds. A little worried it'll get creeper & I'm not into that! But the coupon worked "PLAY"
But my goodness the mini games theirs so many

Edited on 03/08/2018 at 1:47:16 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 8, 18 5:18 AM
nanafraser wrote:So far its not as creepy as the title sounds. A little worried it'll get creeper & I'm not into that! But the coupon worked "PLAY"

I don't think you'll have anything to worry about, other than a rather large spider on a cobweb, there's nothing scary about this Haunted Hotel! It reminds me of an older series, Haunted Halls, which also isn't creepy scary.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 8, 18 5:29 AM
pennmom36 wrote:
nanafraser wrote:So far its not as creepy as the title sounds. A little worried it'll get creeper & I'm not into that! But the coupon worked "PLAY"

I don't think you'll have anything to worry about, other than a rather large spider on a cobweb, there's nothing scary about this Haunted Hotel! It reminds me of an older series, Haunted Halls, which also isn't creepy scary.

Great thanks! Its not that I'm a chicken ****! Just prefer non creepy games

Edited on 03/08/2018 at 5:45:16 AM PST

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by judithannegg on Mar 8, 18 5:58 AM
Call me weird, but I prefer really, really, psycho creepy games where things jump out randomly or I prefer funny games..

Haunted Hotel is a series I always buy without trying out first and I am never disappointed.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 8, 18 6:36 AM

PLAY doesn't work any more.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 8, 18 6:52 AM
Majestyx12 wrote:

Yep I think theirs more mini games then HO scenes

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 8, 18 7:35 AM
judithannegg wrote:Call me weird, but I prefer really, really, psycho creepy games where things jump out randomly or I prefer funny games..

Haunted Hotel is a series I always buy without trying out first and I am never disappointed.

I'm with you on the creep factor preference, but you may be disappointed, this is the first HH I've played that has little to no creepiness

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 8, 18 8:17 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 8, 18 8:36 AM
nanafraser wrote:
Majestyx12 wrote:

Yep I think theirs more mini games then HO scenes

Spoiler Alert

Your right I counted 9 puzzles and 4 hops but at least they have skip. I want to buy it. I love this series. They have the morphs and memory element that morph and picture pieces to collect. Some of the puzzles were so small, so do they count? I don't count mini-hops, not that I seen them here.

They have replay of Hops and Mini-games.

It doesn't appear scary yet at all. I like scary in this series and Grim Tales. But this is just the trial so don't know what's ahead.

Played up to the 5th chapter and still not scary.

Edited on 03/08/2018 at 2:09:37 PM PST

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Mar 8, 18 9:42 AM
Haunted Hotel Lost Dreams is the 16th game in the series – a series I had hoped would die out long ago but now I am not too sure because this latest game is terrific. The game begins as you and your wife Jane are traveling by train on your way to a vacation in the Swiss Alps, when suddenly the train goes off the rails. You awaken in the hotel thinking it might have been a nightmare but Jane is nowhere to be found. It doesn’t take you long to know that something is very wrong. Will you be able to free yourself and Jane from this hotel, or is it already too late? You will need to play this wonderful new Haunted Hotel to find the answers to those questions and find out what sinister intent is hidden in this Haunted Hotel.

If you have read many of my reviews you might guess that I am not a big fan of the Haunted Hotel series. In fact, I didn't play or review the last two games in the series because I didn’t care for the demos at all. I hate dusty dirty interiors for graphics as I simply don’t find them appealing in any way. That being said, I almost didn’t bother to try the demo of Lost Dreams but I am so happy that I did. IMHO, this is one of the best Haunted Hotel games in years. Although the game begins in a seemingly deserted hotel, the interiors are in amazingly good shape. I found Lost Dreams a delight to play with great HOPS and absolutely wonderful puzzles. In fact for me, the puzzles are one of the best parts of this game. A couple of the puzzles were really tough for me and the others had varying levels of challenge but I only skipped one puzzle that I couldn’t figure out

I love everything about this game with only one minor comment that I choose to make about the Custom game setting. I think it is time that the developers start offering a “true” custom setting where we can choose to set our own hint and skip times as low as we wish to set them. I personally dislike having to wait 15 seconds or whatever other low-end limit the developer might think we need. Please developers consider allowing a true custom time limit for hints and skips.

The HOPS are very good with the standard list type being the first scene we encounter in the game. That scene is soon followed by a variety of others but they are all excellent even if they are what we see in most games from this developer. Where this game becomes excellent for me is with the puzzles that I really loved. The first puzzle is very easy and involves sliding tokens into the correct slots. The next puzzle was a bit more challenging because I had a difficult time seeing the symbols that were on top of each other. The 3rd puzzle is a memory puzzle and that was more challenging until I figured out the “trick”. The puzzles became a bit more difficult with a door puzzle that I did skip because I really didn’t “get” it.

The CE version of the game offers a total of 40 morphing object and 20 picture parts to find. There are achievements to earn and the other standard fare such as 10 Wallpapers, 10 Concept Artwork, 4 Screensavers, 4 Music Tracks, Memory Elements, Picture Parts, Replay of 12 Mini-games and 15 HOPS, the Secret Room, a Bonus Chapter, and a 40-page Strategy Guide. The game has 5 Chapters and a Bonus Chapter.

As I mentioned earlier I did not play the previous two games in the series but Haunted Hotel Lost Dreams is one I purchased and have been playing for the past few hours. For me it is a long game but I am a slow player savoring each scene in as I move forward. You already know by now that I love this game and I hope you will as well. As always, please try the demo to see what you think of Haunted Hotel Lost Dreams. Happy Gaming!

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 8, 18 11:26 AM
The graphics in this demo were very shady and dark with foggy colors of purples and blues, making it difficult to see because of its lack of definition. Hos were the same graphically and although I did find items, by the time I got to the one where you are finding pairs, I almost gave up and exited the game because of eye strain.

There are multitudes of tasks to perform that require inventory and you will be going back and forth a great deal. The hint is very helpful and does transport. It is a convenience that you have a designation on the right side of your screen to indicate the amount of collectibles you acquire and how many you have to go. There are 13 Memory Elements which look like jars....20 picture pieces that were very difficult for me to find because of the poor lighting and cloudiness of the scenes...and there are 27 morphs.

Came across 9 mini games, most of them I skipped....and there were 4 hos. Although it was difficult to see the items in the hos, I remember breezing through them except for the one where you have to find the pairs that are hidden behind other items. That was enough to give me a headache...as well as having to strain to see in other scenes.

I began to use the hint often because it was very tiring having to find and place numerous inventory in different locations. It was too much, as well as too many puzzles outnumbering the hos. Story is interesting...and this edition is much better than some of the others. I am disappointed in the poor quality of the graphics and it is mainly because of this that I will not be buying this game.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 8, 18 11:39 AM
@biscuitsmama

Thanks for the review, phenomenal job as usual, looks like this is the only place to read any reviews about the game. Think they'll ever fix the glitch?

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 8, 18 12:01 PM
Hi pennmom36,

I just wanted to swim by just in case you hadn't yet seen bfgBeruna's post in the Are They Ever Going To Fix The Review Glitch? thread.

The issue currently impacting all reviews for all games is separate to the occasional interruption we see with the displaying of reviews, and is something that our 3rd party vendor is working to address for us and their other customers.

We appreciate the patience and understanding our users are showing, and we're thankful that there is an avenue here in the forum for reviews to be shared in the meantime.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 03/08/2018 at 12:01:45 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 8, 18 3:06 PM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:Hi pennmom36,

I just wanted to swim by just in case you hadn't yet seen bfgBeruna's post in the <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1044051.page#7006920"> Are They Ever Going To Fix The Review Glitch?</a> thread.

The issue currently impacting all reviews for all games is separate to the occasional interruption we see with the displaying of reviews, and is something that our 3rd party vendor is working to address for us and their other customers.

We appreciate the patience and understanding our users are showing, and we're thankful that there is an avenue here in the forum for reviews to be shared in the meantime.

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Mar 8, 18 4:04 PM
I personally have decided to NOT purchase any more games until the review posting issue is fixed. This is a totally unacceptable situation and it has gone on for days now.

It is so annoying for those who take our time to write reviews and then our reviews are sitting out there somewhere in limbo.

Sort of the same situation as is occurring with posting the weekly Sneak Peeks. No one is getting the job done!

Edited on 03/08/2018 at 4:05:14 PM PST

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Mar 8, 18 4:06 PM
Hey Pennmom, Thanks! BTW where are your terrific review? I miss them.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 8, 18 4:42 PM
Hello Everyone,

We certainly understand how the issue with reviews not posting presently could be frustrating for our reviewers, and we apologize for the trouble. When discussing the situation, however, we do request that our players remain respectful and abide by the Forum Rules. In particular, this rule is important to keep in mind:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

We continue to work with our third-party provider in hopes we can get this resolved as quickly as possible. Thank you, everyone, for your continuing patience. Have a wonderful day.

bfgArinelle

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 8, 18 9:07 PM
Well, I only played about 12 minutes and I had one hidden object and like 4 or 5 puzzles! A couple of them were one right after the other, and they have NO relevance to the game!

This story could have been a good one! I don't mind the Developers recycling basic storylines. Writer's have been doing that since Aristotle and Euripides. The number is debated but it has been said that there are only a certain number of basic plots in all of written history, all writers have used them over and over, and yet we still have literary diversity. I know these are only games, but I feel like I'm playing the same game over and over. And with this game so far he was in a train crash, wife gone and then he's in a strange hotel, and I'm on my 5th puzzle!! Arrrrgh!

And I find it absolutely ridiculous, not to mention tedious and silly when you have to open drawers and cupboards by running around collecting strangely shaped nonsensical objects to fit into strangely shaped matching indentations!

I'll finish the demo, and might buy it if a really good sale comes along, as in 6.99!

Abs

Edited because I was tired and immersed in the concept of fiction and plotlines when I wrote "What type of fiction" I meant something completely different. Thank you Tejasgal for pointing out my "mind glitch"!

Edited on 03/09/2018 at 9:23:23 AM PST

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Mar 9, 18 7:49 AM
"What type of fiction is it called when you have to open drawers and cupboards by running around collecting strangely shaped nonsensical objects to fit into strangely shaped matching indentations? "

It's a type of fiction called a Hidden Object/Adventure Game.

Go to: