SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

Tip for expert: Use up your extra time for expert

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Jul 4, 10 11:41 AM
Don't be an over-achiever and you'll have no problems making expert on every level. I ran into trouble after 4 or 5 levels because I stopped when I finished the quests. I ended up selling plant and potions that I needed for the next levels. Then it dawned on me - you don't need to always finish when you are technically finished. Just make sure you finish within the expert time zone.

If you have 3 days grace period to make "expert", but you finish your quest in 1 or 2 days, keep playing 1 or 2 more days to make the most of that time. Prep for more potions, earn extra gold for upgrades (very important in later levels as she never gives your quests for upgrades), or dig more dirt patches.

Every level I play beyond what she asks, but stay within the expert time limit, and I never have a problem on any level so far (up to the 3rd garden).

Happy gardening!

engj030506
Flounder
Flounder
2,136 Posts

Re:Tip for expert: Use up your extra time for expert

[Post New]by engj030506 on Jul 4, 10 11:44 AM
Am off to re-start the third garden right now thanks to your advice SilverBranch. Just lost nearly all my plants anyway.

Mags

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jul 4, 10 7:01 PM
Excellant advice!! I've been shooting myself in the foot not having blooms that I previously sold off............

BTW, does anyone else take '9 days' to do a '2 day' task ??? LOL !!!!!

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 1:14:26 PM PST

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Jul 4, 10 9:47 PM
Thank you sooo much, SilverBranch
You really made my day

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Sep 19, 10 9:05 AM
Another I did when I could not make an expert level was to go back to the previous day and do that task until I got what I required for the next day....then I finished that task since I already had a perfect (so it did not matter if I was there stockpiling for the next shift.) Then just went to next day were I had been having the problem......(You try getting thirty rare flowers in two days....!!) and sailed thru the next level.......so I got all perfects once I figured out how to do it........Most of the time those stupid stinkin bugs were anhilating my plants and I was having to regrow a few so it really helped to have that extra day to stockpile...

[Post New]by Chlorinda13 on Apr 20, 11 8:45 AM
Thanks Silver Branch! I've just finished the game and will follow your advice when I restart it.

Go to: