game not working

[Post New]by gdc181 on Jul 4, 10 11:53 AM
I downloaded the game and it opened fine. But when I go to start a level it stops and says there is an error exception. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so how do i fix it?

blm50
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:game not working

[Post New]by blm50 on Jul 4, 10 2:00 PM
I get an error message. Failed to initialize. Try changing your screen size or color settings??????? No game is worth this.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jul 4, 10 7:40 PM
as reported elsewhere the game wouldn't install without wanting me to install flash off of IE -- i already have it fine from Firefox. rebooted and same thing happened, did it just for kicks but it still didn't work! i stay away from anythine Exploder except windows updates thank you, and it didn't help anyway. strange.

p.s. i am up-to-date on Firefox Flash, 10.1, even Dr. Felix told CS that last week...

Edited on 07/04/2010 at 7:40:43 PM PST

gemangus
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by gemangus on Jul 4, 10 9:23 PM
divegal wrote:as reported elsewhere the game wouldn't install without wanting me to install flash off of IE -- i already have it fine from Firefox. rebooted and same thing happened, did it just for kicks but it still didn't work! i stay away from anythine Exploder except windows updates thank you, and it didn't help anyway. strange.

p.s. i am up-to-date on Firefox Flash, 10.1, even Dr. Felix told CS that last week...

i have the same issue. i ALREADY have flash!!!! i also use and like firefoxo i dont use ie

i too would appreciate help as i think i would like this game
although game manager told me i had ran our of time in demo-strange since i never got to the point where i could demo this game!@

Edited on 07/04/2010 at 9:25:26 PM PST

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Jul 5, 10 12:13 AM
As I posted in another topic:

Find the "Playfirst" folder which will be in the "application data" folder under your username in Windows XP and probably somewhere under the "User" folder for Windows 7 and delete the "the-fith-gate" folder.

That will remove the profiles you have made and should allow the game to run correctly again.

The error is most likely due to a corrupt profile or due to an old profile from the beta version still being on your system (if you beta tested this game).

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jul 5, 10 2:28 AM
thanks but i never beta tested or otherwise played this one.

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Jul 5, 10 5:30 AM
divegal wrote:thanks but i never beta tested or otherwise played this one.

Did you at least try deleting the profile you created when the game prompted you to enter a name?

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jul 5, 10 12:16 PM
There is no profile to delete -- the game failed to install twice. I give up on this one.

NerakofTx
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by NerakofTx on Jul 6, 10 7:10 PM
Thank you very much "Bansama". That solved my problem. Even though, as expected I had to start the game over and not on the level I had obtained during the Beta testing. I was not brave enough to delete the directory so I just renamed it so the program will not find it, which it did not. Thank you again!

[Post New]by riddles86 on Jul 7, 10 11:12 AM
I reached the 3rd gate. Garden of Fire & Ice. But can not upgrade
the flower storage when I reach 170 flowers. Everything else works

Go to: