3rd Gate Butterfly Plant

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Jul 4, 10 9:53 PM
Anyone else having a problem with the Butterfly plant as when it matures a tip comes up telling you to click on it then on a plant to upgrade but I can't seem to get rid of the tip box and upgraded plant never happens. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug in game?

Re:3rd Gate Butterfly Plant

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Jul 4, 10 11:05 PM
Accidently figured out that you have to Click and DRAG to other flower to upgrade it. Make sure cursor turns to a Butterfly before clicking on plant to upgrade it.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jul 6, 10 8:12 AM
Hi EPF4CATSBK: . I didn't need to drag the butterly, I simply cliked on it then on the target plant. Sometimes I did get a tooltip with with a "No butterly", but in my case it was because I was trying to upgrade plants that sometimes were already in their third level, so it was not possible to upgrade more.

When you are upgrading your equipment you can check the level of the plants in your garden. Have you noticed if their level had anything to do with your ability to use the butterlfy plant on them? If not, maybe you should drop a line at the tech issue thread as dragging was not required (for me at least).

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Jul 7, 10 4:43 AM
The Butterfly plant only upgrades a plant that is in its first level, if you are in a hurry to get the plant to the next level. It helps when the Quest if for a lot of upgraded flowers. Otherwise the plant is useless, and you can sell it for what you paid for it, to earn money for different plants or for water. You only need to click on the Butterfly plant when its in "Bloom" and click on the plant you want to upgrade, The butterfly will fly to the plant and upgrade it. Cute!!!!

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jul 7, 10 6:55 AM
EPF4CATSBK, check out also that Morgana has actually tought you how to "upgrade" the plants first, as if not you won't be able to use the Butterfly plant on them.

MissMoraduke is right about the Butterfly plant only being able to upgrade in its first level, but I'd say I was able to use it twice on the same plant, which means if Morgana has told you how to achieve an upgrade for that species and you plant a new one you can use the Butterfly plant on it to take it up to level 2 and then to 3 when you get the next gardening tip from M. It is worth checking if this was really so or I'm just not remembering correctly.

Edited on 07/07/2010 at 1:17:52 PM PST

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Jul 7, 10 8:27 AM
The problem I was having was with the Tutorial, (the click here then click here), on the butterfly plant so It was definately an upgradable plant because until I clicked and dragged it just wouldn't work or go away.

I don't know it it is because i'm on a laptop or Win7 or combo of both but I was just gald I was able to move past it by dragging to continue with the game.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jul 7, 10 1:19 PM
It could be. I have had similar issues with other games when played at the laptop.

Good luck.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Aug 30, 13 12:12 PM
You're not the only one experiencing this issue. I've had the game for over a year, and I've played it several times. My game froze when the tutorial tip popped up for the butterfly plant today in the same place it happened to you. I tried to end the game with task manager as it wouldn't let me do anything through the game. That sort of fixed the problem. The butterfly plant wouldn't work in that garden afterwards. I had to harvest all my plants to upgrade them for the quests. Even though I was still able to get expert, this aggravates me. It seems there's always some sort of issue with PlayFirst games. I don't think it's a laptop or Windows 7 issue because I've had problems with the same games on both my computers. I'm hoping that when I go back to finish playing, the problem will have corrected itself. I played it straight through yesterday with no problems at all besides the sound cutting in and out occasionally, but it's always done that. This is one of my favorite games. I just hope it doesn't become unplayable.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Aug 30, 13 12:14 PM
I realize this thread is 3 years old, but I wanted to bump it up in the event that other players run into the same bug.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Aug 30, 13 4:15 PM
I'm happy to report that I was able to finish my game with no more problems relating to the butterfly plant.

Go to: