bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 5, 10 12:05 AM
A powerful spell has drained all the mystical energy from the enchanted land of Skymist, and it's up to you to recover the lost Spirit Stones and restore peace to the kingdom! Find clues and keys, solve puzzles, and uncover secrets as you journey across the mysteriously transformed land, all while unraveling the tale of a misplaced cast of storybook characters. Go on a crazy Hidden Object adventure in a fantasy world!

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Re:Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Jul 5, 10 12:36 AM
Downloading the demo now. I read just the General Tips in the posted Walkthrough - and this game sounds like it has some extra fun things to do. To give just a hint: sometimes the sparkling HOG scenes will be out of reach and you must figure out how to reach it or get to it. Can't wait to try it.

I sure hope everyone enjoyed the holiday - oh, yeah, and the sale here at BFG. And Happy Birthday to the good old U.S. of A!!!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 5, 10 12:49 AM
What a beautiful well made game!

Looks a good length too....

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jul 5, 10 12:50 AM
I beta tested this game and I really didn't like it. I demoed it briefly to see if they made any changes, and I still don't like it. The story is strange. The graphics are very 1990s, and I really don't understand why they even went that route. The hand-drawn characters look pretty good, so why didn't they do the whole game that way? The weird 3-D hidden object scenes look terrible (to me) compared to recent games. The story and gameplay was not compelling enough for me to look past the weird graphics. I hope some others will enjoy the game, though.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Jul 5, 10 12:51 AM
I just downloaded it and it does not work for me. Asked me to instal some new software which looks so suspicious but anyway, it said installation complete but the game will not open. This has never happened to me before with all the Bigfish games that I have bought.

Not happy

[Post New]by shell020273 on Jul 5, 10 12:55 AM
i am getting the same message too, its saying cant open file is corrupt???

crawle1960
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by crawle1960 on Jul 5, 10 12:55 AM
same thing happened to me

sadji
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sadji on Jul 5, 10 12:58 AM
Do not see any text in this game. My PC works with Win7 64 bit.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 1:02 AM
The story may have changed since you beta-tested it; it's pretty straightforward now.

There's a magical kingdom, and the Spirit Stones that keep it magical get lost, so every building becomes like something from our everyday world. As you find each Spirit Stone, you restore that building to its magical self.

Robin

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 1:03:59 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 5, 10 1:04 AM
After the prolog, I get only white rectangles instead of text. Can't even write the user name.

GameFan
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by GameFan on Jul 5, 10 1:05 AM
I downloaded the trial and it immediately said that the trial had expired. After looking at the walkthrough I decided to take a chance and purchase with a game credit. The game started but I am unable to run it in full screen. Even when the full screen is checked it is the same size as window. Don't want to play a game that small when I have a 24" monitor. So hard to see in the small screen. Running Windows 7.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 1:07 AM
GameFan wrote:I downloaded the trial and it immediately said that the trial had expired. After looking at the walkthrough I decided to take a chance and purchase with a game credit. The game started but I am unable to run it in full screen. Even when the full screen is checked it is the same size as window. Don't want to play a game that small when I have a 24" monitor. So hard to see in the small screen. Running Windows 7.

That must be very frustrating--I'm so sorry you've run into that! I would definitely get in touch with Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope in the right column. They should be able to help one way or another.

Good luck!
Robin

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by galphimia on Jul 5, 10 1:08 AM
Cannot play the demo. After refusing to install an obscure software the introduction is starting ( cannot be skipped unfortunately). When I enter my name game stops: access violation 0x013662E9, game terminated.
What a pity !!!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 1:11 AM
galphimia wrote:Cannot play the demo. After refusing to install an obscure software the introduction is starting ( cannot be skipped unfortunately). When I enter my name game stops: access violation 0x013662E9, game terminated.
What a pity !!!

Even if you just demo'd the game, rather than buying it, I would go ahead and report the problem to Technical Support by clicking on the green envelope in the right column. The more reports they get, the easier it is for them to identify the problem.

I'm so sorry you're having a problem--I really enjoyed the game.

Good luck!

Robin

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 1:13:04 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 5, 10 1:12 AM
I think this looks like a great game but I can't see it properly! Have changed to every screen resolution, but it still goes back to a tiny square! So changed screen resolution and now I have to play it in windowed mode just to be able to see enough of the game to be able to play it!
Anyone any ideas please as it's very frustrating! I have HD widescreen.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jul 5, 10 1:23 AM
If anyone has a pop-up: 'openAL.dll', this is OK. It is from Creative Labs and safe.

My monitor is also widescreen and the game plays fine, my resolution 1280x800.

onetoomany
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by onetoomany on Jul 5, 10 1:26 AM
Barregar....same thing happened to me.
BFG>>>I'm really concerned about this....never saw it on any of your other downloads. I clicked "Buy" and didn't even test it, because it looked that fun! So much for the July 4th price. Just add this one on to my long list of other games I purchased this weekend. I'm on my second punch card. And now I can't play THIS GAME because you have to agree to all this stuff.
I think I spent as much time writing CS as playing the games this weekend over different issues.

Who is "AL"?

Here it is copied from their message while downloading onto BFG Game Manager:

Creative Labs, Inc. is providing you with this OpenAL32.dll installer and other OpenAL files ("Software"). You may use and freely integrate with your software applications and distribute such throughout the world at no cost or further obligation to Creative.

NO WARRANTY
ANY USE BY YOU OF THE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED FOR USE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CREATIVE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CREATIVE IS NOT OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE ANY UPDATES OR UPGRADES TO THE SOFTWARE.

No other entity or person is authorized to expand or alter this warranty or any other provisions herein. Creative does not warrant that the functions contained in the Software will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or error-free or free from malicious code. For purposes of this paragraph, "malicious code" means any program code designed to contaminate other computer programs or computer data, consume computer resources, modify, destroy, record, or transmit data, or in some other fashion usurp the normal operation of the computer, computer system, or computer network, including viruses, Trojan horses, droppers, worms, logic bombs, and the like.

You assume full responsibility for the selection of the Software to
achieve your intended results, and for the downloading, use and results obtained from the Software. You also assume the entire risk as it applies to the quality and performance of the Software.

IN NO EVENT WILL CREATIVE'S LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON EVER EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO USE THE SOFTWARE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE CLAIM.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 5, 10 1:32 AM
I wouldn't accept that OpenAll installer on my W7 laptop, uninstalled game after getting the DLL error. I just loaded it on pc with xp and went ahead and accepted installer. NO I did NOT like what it said about no warranty re malware etc. We'll see, Creative Labs seems safe but never had to install an installer for BF games before.

re the full screen thing, it is a conflict in W7 with the video driver but I haven't worked on fixing it yet, I get the black borders and cannot change settings for most games. So thought I'd try game on older pc xp. if enough resources. Looks like a great walkthrough. Lots of HOGs and elements of adventure.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 1:38 AM
puzzledone wrote:
Looks like a great walkthrough. Lots of HOGs and elements of adventure.

Thanks! I really enjoyed the game, and I had a lot of fun doing the walkthrough. I thought the inventory/adventure tasks were challenging but fair. There are over 40 individual Hidden Object Scenes.

Robin

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 1:44:44 AM PST

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jul 5, 10 1:39 AM
Thank you ONETOOMANY for posting that here for all of us to see. I do not like the sound of that download, and would not download that for any reason, especially just to play a game. I wonder if BFG's knows about this? I'm sure they are off tomorrow, so it may take a while to get a response from them. So anyone out there that gives a hoot about your computer, wait and see what BFG customer support has to say about this download and the fact that the game does not run well on pretty much all of the computers here.

Take care of your computer. It is hard to live without it - I know, I just had mine in the shop for over a week - guess what?? Infected with a trojan worm that was so new, even my anti-virus software did not find it. It's dangerous out there in Cyberworld, and these people make a lot of money to get into your system - and I mean a lot of money. It's always "follow the money" guys, so don't get taken advantage of. Beware.

I am also going to write to BFG's customer support asap and let them know about this added software that has to be downloaded in order to play this game. Not good.

Go to: