bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 5, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

Re:Welcome to Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones forum

[Post New]by tictacsix on Jul 5, 10 1:01 AM
Game wants to instal some new software which looks suspicious. If I do not download game still shows installation complete but the game will not open. Is the requested extra download safe? When reading the fine print it seems unsafe. Anyone know what this is about?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 5, 10 1:23 AM
I just posted same on the tech thread. If you don't accept OpenAll the game won't open and gives a DLL error. Looked suspicious to me after reading no warranty against malware etc.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jul 5, 10 1:50 AM
openAL.dll is quite safe, it is from Creative labs.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 5, 10 4:29 AM

Good Morning Fishies,

I see a lot of concerns regarding the Open Al program. I am not a big technical person but I can assure you that the Open Al program is legit.

I had a game that I was recently writing a walkthrough for (can't remember the name) and the game would not work properly so the techs at the office determined that it was because I did not have Open Al installed in my computer. Once I installed it, the game ran properly.

I can assure you that you can accept the Open Al program. Once you have it installed you should not have to do it again if you download another game that requires it unless there is an update to the Open Al program.

Hope this clears up the air for some of you.If you still have some concerns you can google "Open Al" to view information regarding this program.

Thanks for listening!

MargieB

lesley234
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lesley234 on Jul 5, 10 10:10 AM
Thank you MargieB You really are a gem.

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Jul 5, 10 12:36 PM
The game keeps cutting out for me and showing the software,,,not sure I should keep playing it,,,,,,,,PL inform me ,,It drives me nutty!

[Post New]by RedDragonRider on Jul 5, 10 12:51 PM
I refused the download now what do I do the came keeps crashing..can someone help me Please?

[Post New]by kimsoo on Jul 5, 10 12:57 PM
I accepted the download, but the game still won't play. It is strobing like crazy and none of the text is readable.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 6, 10 9:15 PM
I purchased and have been playing Skymist. I must say that I am enjoying it. I have been stuck occasionally but not because of any Bug until the Bar and I am getting the new build now.

I can see that a lot of work has gone into this game. 3-D rendering is not my favorite art but I still think you have done a wonderful job with the graphics. Kudus to the artists! The story is a little different and is enjoyable. The Open AI surprised me but I trust BFG and Creative Labs and did not mind installing it.

Something that I enjoy the most is the active input from the Developers and the hard work done by them to improve this game. Thank you so much!

deelee53
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by deelee53 on Jul 7, 10 1:47 PM
I was one of the ones stuck in the bar scene. I went to the game mgr as directed, and read whar I was suppose to do. The game was downloaded again. Tried once more with the bar scene. No good, what do I do? I purdhased this game over the past weekend, and enjoyed it up to this point. I was able to get all the hints and proceed. What do I do to get out of the bar scene. Wiould appreciate any suggestions....Thank you

jory4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by jory4 on Jul 7, 10 2:13 PM
stuck in the bar scene, lost my wrench after installing the left keg pump, can't find it to continue the scene help!!!

[Post New]by Redh123 on Jul 8, 10 2:06 PM
I am a newbie to gaming....I am attempting to play Skymist...I have gotten to the part where I have to restore power...in my inventory I have a crowbar; wire cutters and gas....but I have no idea of how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Post New]by SHELTY731 on Jul 8, 10 2:23 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

stuck on cinema scene---skip button doesn't work --- did the update-- doesn't work

[Post New]by summerlotus on Jul 8, 10 2:42 PM
I also lost my wrench in the bar scene and can't find it or do anything else, My mug is half full. Now what??

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 8, 10 7:02 PM
SHELTY731 wrote:
stuck on cinema scene---skip button doesn't work --- did the update-- doesn't work

Please see the existing forum topic called "Can't get movie sign to light up - stuck." That's where we've been posting individual solutions for that puzzle.

Good luck!
Robin

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Jul 8, 10 9:03 PM
i am having same issue with bar scene as jory4 i messed up not realizing other keg was there to fill up mug now the 1st keg has the tap and i dont have the wrench anymore i hope i dont have to start all over again :/ is there another way to fill up the mug?? i hope someone has an answer. starting over is such a pain. tyvm and happy gaming!

[Post New]by wiechman on Jul 9, 10 7:55 AM
Is there a strategy guide for Skymist 0 The Lost Spriit Stones? I am in the pool hall and can't get the one ball to go on the pool table where a ball is missing. I looked at the book and there are no clues there either.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 9, 10 8:08 AM
wiechman wrote:Is there a strategy guide for Skymist 0 The Lost Spriit Stones? I am in the pool hall and can't get the one ball to go on the pool table where a ball is missing. I looked at the book and there are no clues there either.

There is a Blog Walkthrough posted here at Big Fish Games that includes step by step instructions for each chapter, including marked screenshots, so it should help.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

blu_j_10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by blu_j_10 on Jul 12, 10 4:54 PM
Just downloaded the game a couple of days ago, and it doesn't run well at all. What is this Open AL? Will it help with the way it runs?

Go to: