mistybear
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Need Help

[Post New]by mistybear on Mar 9, 18 4:14 AM
I was told since the game is no longer being updated to post my question/problem here and maybe someone can answer. It is a shame they decided to no longer update this game and instead focus on their other games.
I had posted this in one of the other discussion links but no response yet, so started a new one. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Can anyone help me or explain to me what to do with the following problems/questions I have with the game.
I have created an account to be able to play across computer, when I did that I played the game and completed 2 quests, when I went back into the game the next day two of the quests are still showing for me to do, what can I do? As for the one quests you had to do other quests to do this one and can't do that.

After finishing either a location or a quest it showed I had opened another map location and that location was Italy, but I can't find it, how can I find it or where do I find it? I realize this is American Dreamin and I though it was peculiar to get another countries location as a map location.

When we go to the stores and click on fix it shows level so/so, does that mean that is the level we are on? Asking because I have had a couple of quests that say upgrade to level whatever and when I go that store it already shows that number but to do the quest I have to upgrade, can someone explain and help with this?

Also was told there is no longer any upgrades to this game and to come here for the answers I need, so I hope someone can help me.
Thanks.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

Re:Need Help

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 9, 18 4:58 AM
Well, what a happy coincidence!!! I just posted in the Tech thread to answer some of your questions...you can disregard the last part

mistybear, I'll try to help you with your questions but may need more info. Regarding the quests...when you completed the quests did you accept the reward? And if not, can you just do the quests again when they reappeared the next day? ART seems to be more sensitive with connecting to the BFG server so, before closing your game, see if you can open your collections, or friends, or messages. If you can open one of these without receiving a "no connection" message, close the game. This will ensure that your progress is saved.

The map for the countries is not visible. You must use the plane on the bottom left of the screen to fly to them. If you do not have the plane yet, you will have to complete the series of quests for fixing it.

There are 5 "levels" or upgrades to each building, which is different from your playing level. Is the quest on the building still flashing?

I hope you can use some of this info provided. Welcome to the forum. If you need more help, come on down to the main part of the forum by clicking "Create New Discussion", give it a subject and post a question. The Technical thread is so large and most players don't look up here to offer help. We are a friendly bunch as long as we can find you

mistybear
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mistybear on Mar 9, 18 6:08 AM
Yes I did accept the reward. No it will not let me do the quests again, except that it does want me to assemble the amber pieces, but can not find the rest of the amber pieces because those quests have been completed. It even shows over the amber under collections that has been completed.
Will keep in mind to check one of those before closing game.

When I get back into game, I will see if quest on building is still flashing.

Now I also have another question, there is a quest to find the compass needle and when I play the mini game to get it, I can not get it. I have played it at least 10 times and still no compass, how long will I have to play before I can receive it? Thank you.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 9, 18 6:42 AM
The compass needle should be rewarded by playing the Butterfly Sanctuary costing 3 butterfly nets. Sometimes it does take many tries before the piece falls.

All collections can be "cashed in" and/or assembled more than once. Use the list below to find your amber pieces again. If you have assembled an AES collection once, you can use the skip button and the game will put the puzzle together for you.

Here is a list of the AES collections and where to find the pieces.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/284854.page

mistybear
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mistybear on Mar 11, 18 7:01 AM
As for the question about the quest where I have to upgrade, the one I was asking about I finally finished after keep upgrading, but I have two others that are saying I have to get something in one of the stores, but it won't let me play as it says upgrade to level 4 but when I click on fix it, shows level 4. Quest button is still flashing on building.

How do we skip when we have assembled an AES collection?

How many times do we have to play a game to get something, I am still playing in the butterfly sanctuary to get the compass needle and it still won't drop it for me?

Another question: how come I can only see a certain amount of friends, when I know I have added more than that and they have accepted? How does the key/gifting thing work in the friend, not sure I quite understand that?
Thanks.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 11, 18 8:08 AM
Hey again! I'll answer the one's I know off of the top of my head...

To "skip" assembling an AES collection, open one that you have all of the pieces. Click the word "skip" on the bottom of the screen. The puzzle is put together for you, then you can click on the rewards and click on the message to complete.

The arrow on your friends list doesn't work, but you can hover your mouse over the list and use the wheel on the mouse to scroll through the list. You can also left click and hold onto the end of the list and sling it to the left. Not too hard though or it bounces off the other end and returns you to the beginning again LOL!

There is a thread on what to do about upgrading a building that seems to already be upgraded. I'll see if I can find it.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 11, 18 9:17 AM
mistybear wrote:As for the question about the quest where I have to upgrade, the one I was asking about I finally finished after keep upgrading, but I have two others that are saying I have to get something in one of the stores, but it won't let me play as it says upgrade to level 4 but when I click on fix it, shows level 4. Quest button is still flashing on building.

If you click on a building then click the fix button and it shows a level then that is what the next upgrade will take you to.

* If it says "Level 4" then you are actually at Level 3 and when you complete the next upgrade it will take you to Level 4.

* The next time you click on the building and the fix icon it will now display "Level 5" as you are on Level 4 the next upgrade will take you to Level 5.

* After that you will no longer be able to click the fix icon as you will have completed all upgrades.

mistybear
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mistybear on Mar 12, 18 3:58 AM
Thanks, silver_hawk, but boy how confusing.

GulfCoastGuppy, if you find the link you can still send it.

I am still trying to get the compass needle. Also now have to go back and try collect missing amber pieces even though I had already completed that task once. Hopefully I will get the pieces and be able to clear that one up.

Do either of you know, since they are no longer having updates are all the levels still there? Have seen some being way up there.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 12, 18 7:01 AM
mistybear, so glad silver_hawk was more help than I. She is in "current playing mode", LOL, and my memory is horrible. I was thinking about the Pirate's Day problem, but that's in Sept.

As far as levels, ART is not really a level achieving game. Even though there are no more updates, if you play a full year you will have the opportunity to "complete" the game such as it is. There are some achievements that cannot be fulfilled. Here is my synopsis from last year...

If you have completed all of the quests, played for an entire year to participate in all Special Event quests, and Odin has received one of each of your collections (at which point he disappears from your screen), then your game is "complete" as far as what the game has to offer. Your achievements will only show 35/48 cities open, 5/8 pets, and 17/30 pet accessories. And there will never be a final RAN in the ? in the Special Collections.

You have the liberty of creating your own definition of "complete" at this point, without ever spending real money.

mistybear
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mistybear on Mar 16, 18 8:10 AM
Hi, I am at the point where I have 2 quests to do and they require to open another area in a location. I have what is required, but I lost my energy doing the quests because when I went in the required item to open was not showing. The 2 quests are open the photo album in margaret's house and I know I have the glove because when I was doing the valentine's day event and was in the kitchen location I kept seeing the glove in upper left hand corner.

The other is to open the cabinet in the lodge and I have the part for that as I checked the quest and it had a check mark beside the item needed.
My question is what can I do to open those two areas and not lose any more energy. I had to back out as I would not be able to collect the items looking for.

Also still trying to collect the amber pieces and now I have to collect a piece for the glass collection and i know I did all the quests for that so don't understand why it shows I am missing a piece. I have to get professional level in new mexico to be able to do the mini game to get the piece i need.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 16, 18 10:40 AM
mistybear wrote:Hi, I am at the point where I have 2 quests to do and they require to open another area in a location. I have what is required, but I lost my energy doing the quests because when I went in the required item to open was not showing. The 2 quests are open the photo album in margaret's house and I know I have the glove because when I was doing the valentine's day event and was in the kitchen location I kept seeing the glove in upper left hand corner.

The only thing I can tell you is to read the threads provided in the Helpful Links for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' (locked sticky on the front page of this forum).

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285313.page

Specifically, the thread No white gloves for Margaret's House??

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/348276.page

You can copy and paste these URL addresses in your search bar to get to these pages faster.

Wished more players read the helpful links and tips pages prior to playing as situations like this can be easily prevented. You may have hit a brick wall. Sometimes when you get an items for another area you may see the item in some HOS scenes even if they have already been used. It's a phantom.

If you got the gloves from South Dakota AND you did not use them IMMEDIATELY in Georgia they have been lost for good due to an unrepaired glitch in the game. There are countless threads in this forum describing how to avoid and work around this glitch. But... if you got the gloves AND closed out your game at anytime before using them at Margaret's House in GA they are lost for good and you will have difficulty moving forward in the game and at some point will not be able to proceed at all.

The only repair at that point is to start a new game and follow the advice to avoid the glitch again. Mainly by NOT playing SD when you get this quest. Do not get the gloves UNTIL you reach level 32 to open GA or open it early with gold bars so you can use the gloves immediately.

There is information in this forum on how to start a new game WITHOUT losing your coins or gold or collectibles - You will lose everything else AND the procedure to do so must be followed EXACTLY or you will lose everything including coins and gold.

Here is the URL for the thread Is there still that glitch about the gloves at Margaret's house?

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1031091.page#6992553

Scroll down and follow Dirk Tee's instructions EXACTLY!

mistybear
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mistybear on Apr 8, 18 8:26 AM
I had restarted my game and was doing good, but then last night when I went in to play my game I noticed that the game had bumped me up in levels. I had not reached the level yet where I had to find the gloves (being cautious about that) but last night I now have the quest to open the photo album. How did the game bump me up levels? What can I do as by missing quests because of being bumped up, I won't be able to do some of the future quests, right? I don't want to have to restart again but if so quess I will. If that is the only way any suggestions to keep this from happening again. As it seems strange that I would be at level 30 when I know I was only at a lower lever, can't remember which one for sure. Thanks.

[Post New]by FishyBiotch on Apr 8, 18 8:43 AM
I'm pretty new here, but I have just done the dreaded restart as well due to miss Margaret and her shenanigans ....

I leveled up rather quickly, though I did not notice the game just moving me up. I too was extremely cautious when it came to Margaret and her house and her gloves haha ... my quest to get the gloves came up much sooner than the level 32 needed to be able to use the gloves so I just took the advice I found here in the forums and didn't go near SD until after Margarets house was open. once I hit level 32 I immediately went and got the gloves (SD) and went directly to margarets (GA)and sure enough survived that glitch this time!

make sure you have enough energy or resources to get the energy needed to complete both tasks!!! if you close out after getting the gloves your gonna be in a pickle again

I would suggest even though you may have some quests sitting in limbo until you hit level 32 and GA opens, DO NOT go anywhere near SD!! unless it the timed quest that you only have 1 day to complete it will remain in your list until you are able to do it. if it is the timed quest, just let time run out on it. I know my OCD drove me nuts for 24 hours on that one, but I didn't have enough gold bars to open GA so I had to wait as patiently as possible

Hoping to avoid any in the future as well

Butter_Cup

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 8, 18 9:09 AM
The quest to "get" the gloves for Margaret shows up around level 28. That is when you MUST stay away from SD at all costs and DO NOT get the gloves from there until you either...

Reach level 32 when GA opens or open GA early with gold. Choice is yours.

What I did is start using my keepsakes that increase XP to level up to 32 as quickly as possible so I could get and use the gloves and be done with it.

As long as you DO NOT go to SD and get the gloves before you get GA open and can use them immediately you should be ok.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 8, 18 3:19 PM
Even if you have completed the amber glass quest once, you can still do so over and over, by playing the appropriate mini games.

As has already been said, the pieces do not always drop each time. Keep on with the collecting as each set completed will give you a gold star, which you can use in the penny arcade to play the slot machine. You will be able to win keepsakes, food, gold bars or nothing, depending on your spin.

Gold bars are really handy if you need to buy fuel for the plane. Keepsakes will give you 30 minutes of extra experience or coins, depending on which one you choose.

It is the experience you obtain from doing various cities and mini games that help you to level up, not particularly the quests, which sometimes come out of sequence.

Don't forget to buy food when you can afford to as it will help you replenish your energy and some, like the Mac 'n Cheese will give you extra points of energy.

When I started a new game on a new computer, I bit the bullet and paid to open Margaret's house well ahead of time so that I would not be caught by the Glove Glitch. I found it well worth it.

Go to: