MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Vault Cracker and Safecracker the same?

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 5, 10 4:28 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:Is Safecracker from the same people who made Vault Cracker? And does it work the same and is on the same skill level as Vault Cracker? I want to buy it on sale but don't have much time to do it so I hope somebody can help with this. Thanks!!

Vaultcracker and Safecracker are made by two different companies. Safecracker is an Adventure Game and Vault Cracker is a Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure Game.

Hope this helps a bit. Just download the free trial of Vault cracker and try it for yourself to see if you like it.

MargieB

BadWhippet
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Vault Cracker and Safecracker the same?

[Post New]by BadWhippet on Jul 7, 10 7:18 AM
I wish it was!

I haven't bought a BFG in ages now. I think the Mystery Case Files series has spoiled me and I now find most other Hidden Object games a tad mediocre - usually they are too much on the easy side and any in-between puzzles tend to be a bit samey and, again, too easy. The MCF series is one exception because it offers a really good challenge in both the hidden objects and the unique puzzles. As a result, I no longer enjoy those games that are 'just' of the hidden-object genre.

Safecracker is much more my kind of puzzle game because those puzzles DO bite hard - so when I saw Vault Cracker I was madly excited! From the write-up, it was hard to determine whether Vault Cracker was the same kind of thing so I downloaded and tried the demo. Sadly, it's not; it's just another hidden object game. Determined to give it a fair shot, I ploughed through many of the hidden-object scenes in the hope that any puzzles would make the hidden-object levels wothwhile, but after nearly 20 minutes I was thoroughly bored and I gave up - no safe in sight yet. Maybe when I have more patience I'll persist through more of the hidden-object levels in the hope a puzzle will surface soon, but so far, it really does seem to hidden-object rather than puzzle - not a new Safecracker and not a title I would buy.

I would give my left arm for a Safecracker 2 or something like it!

Edited on 07/07/2010 at 7:21:27 AM PST

dreamnite
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by dreamnite on Jul 8, 10 6:30 PM
You know, I am not sure if it is Safecracker that I am thinking of, but yeah, there is another BFG game with the same premise, best cat burglar in the world, yadda yadda, someone kidnaps her son, etc etc etc, fight to get him back, tra la la.... But that girl was a (attractively slightly larger) beautiful brunette...

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jul 8, 10 11:35 PM
dreamnite wrote:You know, I am not sure if it is Safecracker that I am thinking of, but yeah, there is another BFG game with the same premise, best cat burglar in the world, yadda yadda, someone kidnaps her son, etc etc etc, fight to get him back, tra la la.... But that girl was a (attractively slightly larger) beautiful brunette...

That is She is a Shadow.....

Go to: