ChinaMarie
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Wrong size in game download? (NOT demo, full version purchase)

[Post New]by ChinaMarie on Mar 9, 18 8:30 AM
I just purchased this game and noticed that when downloading the full version purchase it says it's only 178.3 MB but the game page states it's 649 MB. Have I missed something? Anyone know what's going on?

I have a screen shot of the download for proof, but can't seem to add it here on this post.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Wrong size in game download? (NOT demo, full version purchase)

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 9, 18 1:30 PM
Hello ChinaMarie,

That's an excellent question! I'd be happy to discuss why the system requirements request 649 MB while the size of the installed game is around 178 MB.

While a game may only take up a certain amount of space on a hard drive after installation, it could take as much as three times or more of that space during the installation process for the game. In this case, the file size for the game when installed should be around 178 MB, but it could take up to 649 MB of space for the game to install properly, so we recommend having at least this much space for the installation process.

During the installation process on PC, a computer system keeps track of all the files that are necessary in temporary spaces, taking up the extra space we recommend having. When everything is installed, the computer removes these temporary files so that you are only left with the game.

I hope this is able to clarify why we recommend having more space on your hard drive than what the game will eventually take up, so that the computer will have enough space to create temporary files while installing. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

ChinaMarie
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Wrong size in game download? (NOT demo, full version purchase)

[Post New]by ChinaMarie on Mar 10, 18 6:08 AM
Thanks so much for the response bfgIlinalta. What you said makes sense. It was just a little confusing when looking at it. I have since checked the actually game file on my PC (after download/installation) and it's at a larger size. So all good. Thanks again for your help. <3

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 6:11:10 AM PST

Go to: