sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Spam

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Mar 9, 18 9:18 AM
Have the admins notice that this forum is loaded with spam?

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

Re:Spam

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 9, 18 9:31 AM
Hi Sandrahollie!

If you click on the red exclamation point in the upper right corner of the spam message you will see that it turns grey. This sends a message to the Mods to check it out and remove it. I agree that it is irritating!

Hope this helps!

Abs

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Spam

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 9, 18 9:46 AM
Hello Sandrahollie,

I can absolutely understand the frustration that comes with spam posts. I can assure you that the Forum Moderation Team is aware of these posts and are in the process of removing them as I swim by here. We try our best to remove these as fast as we can, but due to the limitations of the forums we are using, we must remove these manually, which can take a significant period of time.

For more information about this persistent issue, including what our team is doing to try to reduce its impact, please see our announcement here:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - May 24, 2017

I also want to quickly remind of a specific one of our Forum Rules below:

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

We ask players to not create new threads or discuss posts that discuss spam posts because this only makes spam posts and discussion of posts that break the rules at the top of our forum discussions. Reporting the posts to one of our active Moderators is a great way to let us know if there are posts that seem to have been around for a while, or ones that appear to have been missed in our daily removals. Thanks for helping us keep the forums as accessible as possible, as well as for your patience while waiting for us to remove these posts.

Thank you for your time, and since this is discussing spam posts, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Thank you as well to Miss_Abby for that suggestion. If a player would rather not PM us, but spam posts seem to still be around, using the "Report as offensive" button can be used. If there are any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me or my colleagues know. We are happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 03/09/2018 at 9:48:12 AM PST

Go to: