JayneMae
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Can't get movie sign to light up - stuck

[Post New]by JayneMae on Jul 5, 10 8:11 AM
Has anyone found the correct combination of switches to light up this? I'm stuck! Thanks

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Can't get movie sign to light up - stuck

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 8:21 AM
JayneMae wrote:Has anyone found the correct combination of switches to light up this? I'm stuck! Thanks

Have you had a chance to look at the Blog Walkthrough yet? We have full instructions for the tasks, including a marked screenshot, so that might help.

It's easier than it looks once you understand how it works. There are many possible different solutions.

Since there's no reset, I didn't put a specific solution sequence in the walkthrough, since by the time people check the walkthrough they've probably already turned some on and off and everyone would be starting in a different place.

Oh, and a big tip--if you hit the Switch again, the pointer will move back to the first letter.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

If you can tell me which letters you currently have lit, I can give you a specific solution from that starting point.

Robin

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 8:28:16 AM PST

MarcyMM
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:Can't get movie sign to light up - stuck

[Post New]by MarcyMM on Jul 5, 10 10:02 AM
Thanks for being willing to provide a solution to those of us that are hopeless with these type of puzzles - my brain just can't comprehend these things!

I have every letter lit up except for the E, X & I.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 10:11 AM
MarcyMM wrote:Thanks for being willing to provide a solution to those of us that are hopeless with these type of puzzles - my brain just can't comprehend these things!

I have every letter lit up except for the E, X & I.

OK, this solution will ONLY work for this specific set of letters. If anyone else is stuck and you've already reviewed the Blog Walkthrough for the instructions and still can't get it, post your exact configuration and I'll give you that solution.

Anyway: E,X, and I are dark, the other letters are lit up.

1. Click on the switch above the arrows button, marked (A) in the Blog Walkthrough screenshot. This will move the lighted triangle so it's under the E, and turn all the arrow switches off so we can use whichever we need.

2. Click on the 2 arrow button. This will turn off the P. Don't worry-we'll turn it on again later.

3. Click on the 4 arrow buttion. This will light up the I.

4. Click on the 3 arrow button. This will light up the E because the letters wrap around fron N to E.

5. Click on the Switch again. This will reset all the arrow buttons. The lighted triangle is still under the E.

6. Click on the 1 arrow button. This will turn on the X.

7. Click on the Switch again. We're back at the E.

8. Click on the 2 arrow button. This will turn the P back on.

That should do it!
Robin

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 10:58:48 AM PST

MarcyMM
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by MarcyMM on Jul 5, 10 10:20 AM
Thanks, Robin!

ETA: Well, I messed that all up. Wrote the instructions down wrong. I'm pretty much just over this thing. I used a credit on it, but I think I'll just be deleting it and move on already.

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 10:32:19 AM PST

sharon4778
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sharon4778 on Jul 5, 10 10:27 AM
hi there I need help please! I haver every letter but the e p and the second o lit up.. i am tired of randomly clicking.. so would appreciate a solution to this. thanks.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 10:36 AM
sharon4778 wrote:hi there I need help please! I haver every letter but the e p and the second o lit up.. i am tired of randomly clicking.. so would appreciate a solution to this. thanks.

OK, this solution will ONLY work for this specific set of letters. If anyone else is stuck and you've already reviewed the Blog Walkthrough for the instructions and still can't get it, post your exact configuration and I'll give you that solution.

Anyway: E,P, and 2nd O are dark, the other letters are lit up.

1. Click on the switch above the arrows button, marked (A) in the Blog Walkthrough screenshot. This will move the lighted triangle so it's under the E, and turn all the arrow switches off so we can use whichever we need.

2. Click on the 3 arrow button. This will turn off the L. Don't worry, we'll turn it on again later.

3. Click on the 4 arrow button. This will turn on the 2nd O.

4. Click on the 2 arrow button. This will turn on the E because the letters wrap around.

5. Click on the Switch again. This will reset all the arrow buttons. The lighted triangle is still under the E.

6. Click on the 2 arrow button. This will turn on the P.

7. Click on the Switch again. We're back at the E.

8. Click on the 3 arrow button. This will turn the L back on.

Good luck!
R.obin

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 12:01:03 PM PST

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Jul 5, 10 10:36 AM
-been stuck for over an hour-help-everthing lit up but the E!!!help-anybody!!!

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 10:55:16 AM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 10:38 AM
Marcy,

Hang in there, you can do it! Once you realize the Switch always takes you back to the E, you can just count over to the letters you need. And don't worry--there's nothing this hard in the rest of the game, and it really is worth finishing.

Robin

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jul 5, 10 10:47 AM
Hi robin. in my situation L O O are dark, arrow is under E.

HELP, I am drowning here

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 10:51 AM
rolldedice wrote:nothing lit up at this point-been stuck for over an hour-help

Anyway: All letters are dark.

There are many possible solutions. Here's one.

Do not skip this step! Even if you have all letters dark, you might have the lighted triangle in a different position. Make sure you hit the switch before continuing with the solution.

2. Click on the 4 arrow button. This will light up the first O.

3. Click on the 1 arrow button. This will light up the S.

4. Click on the 2 arrow button. This will light up the 2nd O.

5. Click on the 3 arrow button. This will light up the X since the letters wrap around.

You have now used all 4 arrow buttons, so they will all reset and be available to you again. The lighted triangle is under the X.

6.Click on the 1 arrow button. This will light up the P.

7. Click on the 4 arrow button. This will light up the I.

8. Click on the 3 arrow button. This will light up the E because the letters wrap around.

9. Click on the Switch again. This will reset all the arrow buttons. The lighted triangle is still under the E.

10. Click on the 3 arrow button. This will light up the L.

11 Click on the 1 arrow button. This will turn off the first O. Don't worry, we will turn it back on in a minute.

12. Click on the 4 arrow button. This will light up the N.

13. Click on the Switch again. We're back at the E.

14. Click on the 4 arrow button. This willl turn the first O back on.

Good luck!
Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 10:57 AM
sunnny wrote:Hi robin. in my situation L O O are dark, arrow is under E.

HELP, I am drowning here

Anyway: L, O, and O are dark, all other letters are lit up.
There are many possible solutions. Here's one. Fortunately, this is an easy one onceyou know you can use the Switch to get back to the E!

2. Click on the 4 arrow button. This will turn on the first O.

3. Click on the 3 arrow button. This will turn on the 2nd O.

4. Click on the Switch again. This will reset all the arrow buttons. The lighted triangle will go back to the E.

5. Click on the 3 arrow button. This will turn on the L.

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 07/10/2010 at 8:40:37 AM PST

[Post New]by mutantarcade on Jul 5, 10 11:00 AM
Hi everyone--

Robin has all of this pretty well under control as far as explaining how the puzzle works, but I thought I'd chime in to say that we'll be providing an update to the game that offers a skip button for the Movie Theater puzzle. We're really sorry hear that some of you have gotten stuck or frustrated by this point in the game, and we'll try to get the update turned around as fast as we to make sure that you don't stay that way for long.

Oh - and my best advice for solving the puzzle in the meantime is to use the reset switch (the one on the wall near the left edge of the screen) liberally - without using it it's definitely harder to get every letter lit up.

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Jul 5, 10 11:00 AM
nothing lit up at this point-been stuck for over an hour-help

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 11:02 AM
rolldedice wrote:nothing lit up at this point-been stuck for over an hour-help

Look a couple of posts higher in the thread--I've already posted the solution for the "All Letters are Dark" situation.

Good luck!
Robin

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jul 5, 10 11:07 AM
ROBIN

Thank you , it worked!!!!!

[Post New]by vegaskitkat on Jul 5, 10 11:29 AM
I have all but

I have all but E, X, and L. Help please

Kathy <vegaskitkat>

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 11:40 AM
vegaskitkat wrote:
I have all but E, X, and L. Help please

Kathy <vegaskitkat>

Anyway: E,X, and L are dark, the other letters are lit up.

2. Click on the 3 arrow button. This will light up the L.

3. Click on the 4 arrow button. This will turn off the 2nd O, but we'll turn it on again later.

4. Click on the 2 arrow button. This will light up the E because the letters wrap around.

5. Click on the 1 arrow button. This will light up the X.

You have now used all 4 arrow buttons, so they will all reset and be available to you again. The lighted triangle is under the X.

6. Click on the 2 arrow button. This will turn off the L again. We'll turn it back on shortly.

7. Click on the 4 arrow button. This will turn on the 2nd O again. Now we just need to get the L.

8. Click on the switch above the arrows button, marked (A) in the Blog Walkthrough screenshot. This will move the lighted triangle so it's under the E, and turn all the arrow switches off so we can use whichever we need.

9. Click on the 3 arrow button. This will turn on the L.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 5, 10 12:43 PM
I have everything lit except the N. I have tried everything. Help!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 1:05 PM
LuvDemGames wrote:I have everything lit except the N. I have tried everything. Help!

Anyway: N is dark, the other letters are lit up.

2. Click on the 1 arrow button. This will turn off the X, but don't worry, we'll turn it back on later.

3. Click on the 3 arrow button. This will turn off the 1st O. We're just trying to get to the N right now.

4. Click on the 4 arrow button. 'This will turn on the N.

5. Click on the Switch again. This will reset all the arrow buttons. The lighted triangle will go back to the E.

6. Click on the 1 arrow button. This will turn the X back on.

7. Click on the 3 arrow button. This will turn the 1st O back on.

Good luck!
Robin

Go to: