bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Post any The Fifth Gate technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jul 5, 10 8:55 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help articles have helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Mac Game Errors

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 8:58:21 AM PST

Re:Post any The Fifth Gate technical issues here only

[Post New]by lisfllr on Jul 5, 10 12:37 PM
Fifth Gate now claims to be incompatible with my display mode. I purchased the game (and played it for approximately 2 hours) prior to this occurring when I tried to start the game. I have not altered any of my display settings. I un-installed and re-installed the game and still get the same error. I also turned off my antivirus to see if that changed anything. It did not. Any recommendations?

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jul 5, 10 5:33 PM
As I mentioned elsewhere, when installing it says I need Flash which I absolutely positively have 10.1, Dr. Felix and CS confirmed this (and everything else being up-to-date) a few days ago, but just for "fun" I rebooted and tried again same thing happened, I let it reinstall but installation still failed. I'd really like to get this on sale so if anyone had an answer today I'd be very grateful. And to address ideas I addressed elsewhere, no I never beta tested or otherwise played this game. Thank you in advance for any help!

[Post New]by fishbud1 on Jul 6, 10 3:14 PM
I also have the same issue with this game as divegal. Perhaps this game needs to be listed with those needing the Adobe Flash Update patch.

[Post New]by redfox31 on Jul 7, 10 1:36 AM
I am having repeated crash issues with this game. I'm playing the Mac edition on a MacBook Pro, running Mac OS X 10.6.4, Quick Time Player v 10.0 - no software updates are available to me.

I get as far as Day Five, and my quest is to give Violet 70 coins. When I go to the potions screen to sell my flowers, I am able to sell all of one type of flower (any type) but when I try to sell all of a second type of flower I get a black screen and the program closes, with an error report being created. I haven't copied the error report here, it's been sent to Apple each time - if this would help please let me know!

I'd love any help!

Tilske
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Tilske on Jul 7, 10 4:03 AM
In the third of fourth game (I forgot) is it not possible to refill the water. It take all your money when you try it. Anyone the same problem?
I shall delete and reinstall the game and I hope I can play further. Really nice game.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jul 7, 10 7:29 AM
lvl 48 or 49 you're supposed to get a potion holder upgrade. it never happens.

[Post New]by riddles86 on Jul 7, 10 11:31 AM
I made it to the 3rd gate. "Garden of Fire & Ice".
It will not let me upgrade the flower storage
Once I have 170 flowers

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jul 7, 10 8:38 PM
riddles86 wrote:I made it to the 3rd gate. "Garden of Fire & Ice".
It will not let me upgrade the flower storage
Once I have 170 flowers

I believe the 170 is the max for these levels )

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jul 8, 10 12:00 PM
Hey Fishies!

If you're having trouble with this game, it may help to try uninstalling and reinstalling using a different browser. If you're using Firefox, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game using Internet Explorer.

If this doesn't help, please contact customer support. You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

goarweam
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by goarweam on Jul 9, 10 12:57 PM
they really need to update this one... the main menu was fine when I first open it, but after I played 4 levels and decided to exit to the main menu, the background image was distorted... even the buttons and everything!

[Post New]by texichic on Jul 10, 10 7:57 PM
Tilske wrote:In the third of fourth game (I forgot) is it not possible to refill the water. It take all your money when you try it. Anyone the same problem?
I shall delete and reinstall the game and I hope I can play further. Really nice game.

I have the same problem. I had more than 500 hard earned coins and it took them all and gave me NO water. So I sold all my flowers for water money and again it took ALL my money and gave me no water. So I uninstalled the game. The pests are giving me carpal tunnel anyway. I love the game except it is hurting my wrist, so I must quit. They should make the game less repetitive b/c it hurts your hand.

GmaGale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by GmaGale on Jul 23, 10 2:04 PM
texichic wrote:
Tilske wrote:In the third of fourth game (I forgot) is it not possible to refill the water. It take all your money when you try it. Anyone the same problem?

I have the same problem. I had more than 500 hard earned coins and it took them all and gave me NO water. So I sold all my flowers for water money and again it took ALL my money and gave me no water.

I was on the Fifth Garden; 888 coins, when the game wigged (it showed strange letters for the coins). When I refilled water, I got a -14 for my coins! Then it showed 94/35 for the amount of water I could use. PLUS, when I Started the Day, I got a "-220944134 portions of water" message. Which means I can't go further. Grrr.
I'll look for some solutions before I restart the game.
Otherwise, I've really enjoyed this game.
Windows Vista; IE7; Add Ons up-to-date

GmaGale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by GmaGale on Jul 24, 10 2:44 PM
GOOD NEWS! I created a new profile and was able to get through the whole game.
I didn't delete the old profile, nor did I make any changes to my computer before trying the game a second time. Which means the problem isn't my computer

[Post New]by kindredspirit816 on Aug 4, 10 8:06 PM

I had the same exact problem. When I tried to add water, even though I had plenty of coins, it gave me some very long negative number and took all my coins. I sold things to get more water, and was still very highly in the negative. I loved the game up until this problem, now I'm very aggravated with it.

[Post New]by girlfrommars on Sep 17, 10 1:33 PM
Can anyone help me!???

I cant even activate the game!
Played the 1hr trial and decided to buy the whole game. Already had a Big Fish account and purchased game with no problems. Tried to play it and asks for an Activaation code, which i havn't received. Clicked on the link for "no activation code", asks for my name and email but comes back with " no email address matches the game ordered etc"
In the "my account" tab on Big Fish site, the game is there as purchased with the order number and no matter how many times i try i cant get it to work! The money i paid has been taken from my bank account and i cant find anywhere that will tell me what to do!
Please, please help as i cant really afford to just waste the money!
Thanks in advance!

HotTuna
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Butterfly Plant

[Post New]by HotTuna on Mar 24, 11 2:32 PM
The butterfly plant doesn't work for me, either clicking and dragging or clicking and then clicking on the target plant. Very frustrating! I can't get expert on some levels without it.

[Post New]by Chlorinda13 on Apr 18, 11 6:21 AM
I've noticed that this game crashes once or twice as soon as I start playing. After that it seems to be much more stable. I'm playing the PC version. Does this happen to anyone else?

Today it basically won't let me play. After a minute or 2 it stops working!

Edited on 04/19/2011 at 8:59:10 AM PST

Go to: