Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 10, 18 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 9:30:05 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 10, 18 1:40 AM
Looks to be an interesting game, so I'm in. But I have to ask..... Am I the only one who immediately related the talking bird in the cage to Carol Kane's fairy ghost from "Scrooged"??

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 10, 18 2:26 AM
Its a good game for the price, & I'm a sucker for a fantasy! But lets all face its fishes games aren't what they used to be! Not sure why, Devs are greedy or lazy, or the technical aspect it too advanced. Ive always like "Mad Head" & have all the"Nevertale" games, hoping this one is as good!
Any hoo, Girls daughter get sucked into a alternate world she goes to get her father. Not sure how many chapters, cause I just purchased it! I betting maybe 5!
The sale price makes its more acceptable! Ill see how it goes!
Yep 5 chapters 6 counting bonus chapter!

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 1:40:58 PM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 10, 18 2:28 AM
SquirrelGirrrl wrote:Looks to be an interesting game, so I'm in. But I have to ask..... Am I the only one who immediately related the talking bird in the cage to Carol Kane's fairy ghost from "Scrooged"??

Lol! Its not unusually for games to use voices over & over again!

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 2:28:31 AM PST

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Mar 10, 18 4:45 AM

Edited on 03/15/2018 at 10:17:38 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 10, 18 4:52 AM

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 10:27:36 AM PST

maggierose
Catfish
Catfish
1,717 Posts

[Post New]by maggierose on Mar 10, 18 4:56 AM
I appreciate the time and effort someone puts into a review. But lets remember to look at the games not the reviewer,

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 10, 18 5:04 AM
maggierose wrote:I appreciate the time and effort someone puts into a review. But lets remember to look at the games not the reviewer,

Yep!!!! I totally agree!

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Mar 10, 18 5:07 AM
[Removed by Moderator] Lastly, an inexperienced person here on Big Fish can easily be fooled into purchasing a game by glowing reviews that do NOT stand up to basic critique. My review(s) is/are for THEM.

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 10:15:27 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 10, 18 5:37 AM

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 10:26:42 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 10, 18 5:39 AM

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 10:27:03 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 10, 18 5:43 AM

Edited on 03/15/2018 at 10:28:53 AM PST

[Post New]by NancySusan on Mar 10, 18 5:46 AM
[Removed by Moderator] I often leave negative reviews, by the way, although recently I haven't liked the games enough to leave a review at all. I'm going to check this one out, though. [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 10:34:28 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 10, 18 5:55 AM
NancySusan wrote:[Removed by Moderator] I often leave negative reviews, by the way, although recently I haven't liked the games enough to leave a review at all. I'm going to check this one out, though. [Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 10:26:14 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 10, 18 5:59 AM
Because I am a Nevertales fan, I will demo this game, but I played the Beta twice (second time after it had a name change) and was completely unimpressed. I thought the story line was boring and the game play, disjointed, and I saw nothing that reminded me of Tale World at all. Perhaps it has gone through more changes since the Beta, and for that reason I will try the demo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed....although it will be more difficult to play that way.

Editing after demo: Three times was not the charm. I did see some improvements, but not enough for a purchase, Unfortunately. I still find game play to be disjointed, and goals unclear. Disappointed, as this will be the first Nevertales I am turning down. I really miss the quality of the first couple of games in the series.

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 12:17:19 PM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 10, 18 6:08 AM
In case anyone wants to know it has two collectibles the signature swirl and something called the story memento.

It has 17 replay hops. This maker usually has morphs in the hops and no replays on mini-games.

I just try it for 5 minutes and have to be some where else now so hope it helps.

Edited on 03/11/2018 at 5:41:44 AM PST

janey1806
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by janey1806 on Mar 10, 18 6:15 AM
I completely agree with Aerosage about the reviews. Too many 5 star reviews and too many details given away. I dont bother reading the reviews on the main page any more.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 10, 18 6:23 AM
janey1806 wrote:I completely agree with Aerosage about the reviews. Too many 5 star reviews and too many details given away. I dont bother reading the reviews on the main page any more.

Now that's a perfect review! No put downs to other fishes, just there opinion!

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Mar 10, 18 7:13 AM
The game play for me was tedious. Unless I missed something, information banners that appear stay on the screen too long without being able to click them away. Also, there are far too many slider type puzzles for my taste because I'm terrible with them. Even with the sale this is a no buy for me. As always, try for yourself. Happy gaming.
lea

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 7:15:49 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 10, 18 7:53 AM
janey1806 wrote:I completely agree with Aerosage about the reviews. Too many 5 star reviews and too many details given away. I dont bother reading the reviews on the main page any more.

Me neither. I don't mind some detail but there's way too much info given in some of the reviews, to the point it actually spoils the game. And my favourite review is the one that basically doesn't like the game much but recommends it at the end. How does that even make sense?

However I do like this game. Mad Head seem to have made an effort to produce something less cookie cutter than their recent games. They've even added another collectible to go with the boring swirls! And if there's lots of slider puzzles.... yippee! I love slider puzzles

ETA: Hopefully all the bickering has stopped and everyone is back to playing nicely again

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 7:55:55 AM PST

Go to: