Pest magnet plant..

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jul 5, 10 1:06 PM
Is there any logic as to when the pest magnet plant activates ??? It seems arbitrary; is it? Or is there something I can do to help it along?
And does someone have a strategy for the fertilizer plant? I bought one and felt it was just another place to click on, and really didn't do too much to 'help' me.
I sold it back and bought another pest magnet plant. SMASH THEM BUGS !!!!!!

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

Re:Pest magnet plant..

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jul 6, 10 8:00 AM
Hi alvertis5706!
No, as far as I saw no logic in when the helping plants activate, although they seem to be regular (I have been with two power trees if I remember correctly- at certain levels and as soon as the effect of one wears out the other is reasy to use )

I found fertilizer plants were useful when you could plant them in a central area between othe rplants and you needed to increase your poduction quick. I needed them toward the last gate, but up to then I did ok without them. The fertilizer plants have a relatively small action area and they will only affect the directly neighboring plants by them.

I did find fertilizer plants more useful than butterfly plants as your regular plants can only upgrad evia butterly a couple of levels. Since they also upgrade by number of harvests, IMHO fertilizer plants will last longer and work better as you can still get upgraded quest plants and at the same time increase your production, whereas with butterfly plant after a couple of uses (especially if your garden is already well on its maturing way) you'll be stuck with a plant you can not use and the only way to get rid of it is letting die out, which seems hard to do sometimes ify ou are clicking crazily around (plus you will have spent the money and in some levels you need it!)

In some levels I did use Butterfly, but just one per gate was enough (and not even in all gates). Fertilizer plants I bought more often, and in the last gate I needed 2 in order to get expert.

Hope that helps.
Happy gaming!

sdurrie
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by sdurrie on Jul 6, 10 2:26 PM
I decided that if there were 1 or 2 bugs that were easy to get to, I would not click the bug/ice flower. But if 3 or more came, I used it. It seems like each time the flower recharges, that is when you need to use it. So wait for the big swarms if you can help it.

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Jul 7, 10 4:35 AM
You dont have to let the Butterfly plant die out. You can buy the plants you need for the Quest along with the Butterfly plant, use it to upgrade the other plants to get your flowers, then when you collect all the flowers you need for that Quest, and its night, you can sell the Butterfly plant to raise money for your next Quest or water. You can sell of any plants you dont need for the Quest or to raise money. If you sell of a plant to buy a different one, you dont need to dig another plot for it too.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jul 7, 10 7:07 AM
MissMoraduke wrote:You dont have to let the Butterfly plant die out. You can buy the plants you need for the Quest along with the Butterfly plant, use it to upgrade the other plants to get your flowers, then when you collect all the flowers you need for that Quest, and its night, you can sell the Butterfly plant to raise money for your next Quest or water. You can sell of any plants you dont need for the Quest or to raise money. If you sell of a plant to buy a different one, you dont need to dig another plot for it too.

I'm sorry, I should have been more precise: There is no way of getting rid of a plant in the middle of a level unless letting it die. MissMoraduke is right and you can always sell your plants at the upgrading/potion making interludes. I guess I was still thinking about the water issue on the other thread (if you can't manage to water all your plants, in one level, in order to prevent losing 4 you might have to sacrifice one and while in the level you can only do this by letting it die or be eaten).

Anyway, IMHO pest magnet plants are a good investment (at least 1) as when you get several crawlers at once it will be very handy. Butterly plants on the other hand, are necessary just in 1 or 2 quests.
As for selling plants, depending on your strategy you can actually score expert without selling any.

[Post New]by ellieabbot on Jul 27, 13 2:32 AM
May be the number of Pest Inspections on these plants will let you know when that particular plant will activate.

Edited on 07/27/2013 at 2:33:11 AM PST

Go to: