pennyking123
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

The people who run this site

[Post New]by pennyking123 on Mar 10, 18 5:57 AM
To the people who run this really needs to stop letting people from advertising on here it take (us) the people who play this game to much time to find in this form what we need having to go through all the advertising ads that takes up space and are time

HotLily
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

Re:The people who run this site

[Post New]by HotLily on Mar 10, 18 6:56 AM
The mods can't prevent this spam, but they do clear it up constantly. It's a thankless task which goes largely unappreciated.

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Mar 10, 18 7:09 AM
HotLily wrote:The mods can't prevent this spam, but they do clear it up constantly. It's a thankless task which goes largely unappreciated.

Agreed.....it's not a task that I would like to do day in - day out.....
I know it is frustrating for MC players that just want to catch up on the threads...but...it must be equally frustrating for the Mod's, if not more so...

cora1012
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by cora1012 on Mar 10, 18 10:51 AM
I do not like green eggs and spam

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Mar 10, 18 6:50 PM
I don't play MC, but I agree the spam is bad. I am sure the moderators do everything they can to get rid of it as fast as they can.

cora1012
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by cora1012 on Mar 11, 18 12:51 AM
Just a-wondering Is there anything we players can
do to help stop the SPAM epidemic?

Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Mar 11, 18 4:46 AM
I do not believe we can apart from not replying. I do not view threads unless there is reply from a player I recognise. Also if there is a thread that we can post and is MC related, to do it as it would bring it back to the front page

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 11, 18 6:33 AM
cora1012 wrote:Just a-wondering Is there anything we players can
do to help stop the SPAM epidemic?

Players can do nothing to stop the spam, but BFG can certainly get better filters!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 11, 18 9:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

We certainly understand and sympathize with the frustration that can be caused by the presence of spam on the forums. This is an ongoing issue that our Moderators continue to combat every day. With the current format used on the forums, spam must be sought out post by post and removed manually. This can take some time, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Our Moderators do all we can to improve and speed the spam removal process. We appreciate everyone's understanding and their patience with this situation. For more information about this ongoing issue, please take a look at the following link:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - May 24, 2017

As far as helping out is concerned, there are a few things our players can do to help out with the process. One thing that can help is reporting such posts by clicking on the triangular button to the right side of a post. If a spammer has posted more than one thread, reporting one of them is enough to bring that user to our attention so our Moderators can quickly track them down and stop their ability to post.

Not responding to spam posts, as was mentioned, is very helpful as well. We are best able to fully remove spam posts when there are not any replies to those threads. In that same vein, posting threads specifically to discuss spam can draw attention to the spam posts, and responding to such threads also takes away Moderator time for removing spam. Both of these things can cause it to take longer to be able to clear away spam posts.

That being said, we do want our players to be able to voice their concerns on this issue, so please feel free to PM me or another active Moderators if there are concerns or questions about this issue. We'll be happy to listen and provide any answers we can.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread to keep things in line with our Forum Rules. Thank you for your understanding, and I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

bfgArinelle

Go to: