Skymist developer update!

Skymist developer update!

[Post New]by mutantarcade on Jul 5, 10 7:34 PM
Hi everyone!

To start with, I want to express our gratitude to everyone here on the BFG forums who's downloaded Skymist, from those of you who have played it and loved it to those of you who have run into some problems with the game and provided feedback and information on your experiences.

EDIT - I've been asked to keep things from getting overly technical in responding to player issues, particularly since the BFG Customer Support team are the ones who are actually trained to deal with these problems.

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 10:37:06 AM PST

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Re:Skymist developer update!

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jul 5, 10 10:07 PM
Hi! I'm still early in the game and haven't encountered any issues as of yet. I do want to say that I think it's awesome that you are here keeping a watch on things and being kind enough to step in and reply to those who have had issues or bugs. It's very rare that someone from the game developers will actually come online and check on things. Highly commendable...so thank you! It's very much appreciated and I am sure others feel the same way,

[Post New]by OregonPandora on Jul 5, 10 10:35 PM
I am finishing up my 3rd thingy of spirit stones so must be near the end. It has been a fun game and I really liked being part of the story. Just wanted to report that I have had no technical problems at all with this game. Sorry some have!

[Post New]by xisral on Jul 6, 10 1:21 AM
downloaded game but dll missing

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Jul 6, 10 4:33 AM
Yes, I agree...thanks so much for being involved and willing to help us! I'm angry with myself that I can't get my brain around the movie marquee...I'm ready to "explode" because of my stupidity! I think I can't do the puzzle because I was left-handed until age 4 and then my mother read something (it was the "old" days) and changed me to being right-handed...LOL...So looking forward to finishing your excellent game!

[Post New]by einram71 on Jul 6, 10 4:46 AM
I just bought the game today (6th July 2010) and got myself stuck but still do not have a 'restart level' button. Am i still going to have to start the game over again? I certainly hope not as i am halfway through the second stage (disc) but i can find no restart level option

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Jul 6, 10 4:56 AM
I really wanted this game...down loaded it ..but did'nt like the OpenAL...or the problems reported...so happy to wait for the up dates

Edit : Forgot to thank mutantarcade........... rocks

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 4:58:13 AM PST

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Jul 6, 10 4:58 AM
Yeah I'm stuck at the movie theatre ... I don't see a patch though to resolve this problem ... do I have to un-install/re-install in order to get the "skip" button. Guess so, just hope I don't lose all my progress.

Good game though, I've enjoyed it up till now ... can't wait to move on I've had no issues with the game whatsoever ... good graphics ... no error messages ... downloaded fine .. I'm windows 7 user.

Judy

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Jul 6, 10 6:32 AM
Folks, that update hasn't happened yet. They are working on it is the message I got.
I am waiting patiently for it and am so happy with the response from this developer. It is a very nice game IMO, can't wait to fill the beer mug!

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jul 6, 10 8:20 AM
Thanks for letting us know

I demo'ed for 15 minutes, worked fine. I have numerous games to play, so I will let this one sit on the backburner until the update comes out. Thanks for a great game, the 15 minutes had me hooked!

[Post New]by mutantarcade on Jul 6, 10 9:05 AM
EDIT - I've been asked to keep things from getting overly technical in responding to player issues, particularly since the BFG Customer Support team are the ones who are actually trained to deal with these problems.

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 10:38:15 AM PST

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jul 6, 10 9:21 AM
I think it's super fantastic that the developer/s has actually taken time to stop by here and read the posts about their game. Plus, to realize there is a problem and offer assurance that it's being fixed!! I wish more game developers would do that.
After all, this is a huge game sight.
Thank you Kai and all at Mutant Arcade.

tblair
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by tblair on Jul 6, 10 9:30 AM
i totally agree. what a fantastic job . wish more developers would do the same. thank you everyone who made this game possible , so far i have really enjoyed it

[Post New]by mutantarcade on Jul 6, 10 9:31 AM
Thank you, djrum! We're happy to help, and as far as we're concerned, it's the very least we can do to make sure you guys are satisfied with the game.

Kai

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 10:55:18 AM PST

lynlj
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by lynlj on Jul 6, 10 10:15 AM
I sure do appreciate all your efforts to fix some of these problems with Skymist.....I too have had the same problem starting up the game - if I install or don't install the AL update my results are still the same - my monitor flashes constantly while the game is loading for game play. All I am able to do is get task manager up and stop the running of the game. I'll keep checking here at the forum for any updates or patches. It sure looks like an awsome game. I was going to buy it, but guess I'll wait and see if these issues are resolved. Thank you again for your assistance.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jul 6, 10 10:30 AM
The movie theatre is a piece of cake if you'll just look at the pattern. Watch the red triangles on the bottom. Use the switch on the wall to take you back to the # 1 letter, then count where the next letter needs to be lit and select that button, click the switch again and you are back to the first letter and should be able to take it from there. It's just a matter of counting how many times you need the red triangle to move over and then select that button. Remember to use the switch when needed.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Jul 6, 10 10:45 AM
I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but I didn't see any reset option. I went right back to the same bar scene with the same problem. Am I jumping the gun here and there is not reset option yet or is there still some problem with this scene. I do love this game, until now and I am very, very appriciative of the game developer taking a personal interest. I still have games I cannot play because no one seems to care. So thank you so much and please give me this game back.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Jul 6, 10 11:02 AM
I had no technical issues at all with this game - the only thing is that I cannot finish it.
I have loved the game - good, clear graphics, no annoying music or character voices and casual mode.
My gripes, as such, are the descriptions of some of the items. Some things in the UK come in different packages to the US - we don't get tobacco in a round tin or cream cheese. In the "Match identical items" game some of the items were "related" and not identical (as in pineapple and pineapple ring). As I said, these are just minor things. The main thing is the end game. I am disabled and cannot do games that require quick cursor control and so therefore cannot complete the game as there is no "Skip" function. Alas, yet another game that I never see the end of.
It's really nice to see a Developer in these forums and one that is actually listening.

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Jul 6, 10 3:26 PM
Kai,
If I understood what you were saying, you were not being over technical, lol. Sorry you can't tell us the behind the scenes anymore, I was enjoying it very much.

Still patiently awaiting 1/2 mug of beer.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jul 6, 10 3:43 PM
I was told there would be a patch for the glitches, including the one with the missing food pair in Chapter 17 - Green Lettered Ring. Do you have any idea when this will be available? I have thoroughly enjoyed playing this game and look forward to the patch that will allow me to complete it. It's really cool that you take the time to answer people's questions.

Go to: