minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

Comments regarding the reviews

[Post New]by minesita on Mar 10, 18 3:07 PM
Hope the Mods will not erase my comments.

There is section called game's reviews, NOT if you like or not the reviewers. Probably you can ask them to write short comments, about some glitches, etc.

You don't like the main page reviews? Don't read them! So many stars in your opinion? Well, make your own review and put only one star to that game.

8 years ago (I was a beginner) I loved to read reviews and 40% of my decision to demo games was based in what I read from them.

I don't like HOS anymore. This is not a reason to disparage others who like them. I love adventure and puzzle games, but many complain about so many puzzles.

I like horror and suspense ones, but I sometimes love fairy tales and clear graphics as opposed as dark. And if I express myself about certain game, I tried to say "in my opinion", so, so...

Actually I don't like too much a review based only in the demo. Not clue if the BC is worth to pay double money, or some glitch as this Nevertales have at the end.

Personally I say thank you to Penmom36 , she also made lists and get engaged discussing reviews.

Finally, don't kill the messenger, many good reviewers left this pond fed up of such negativity. We are risking to have not messages, ergo not more reviews.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Comments regarding the reviews

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 10, 18 5:46 PM
Hi There Everybody,

The Moderation Team wants to foster an environment where players can have lively yet respectful discussions about our games. Not everyone will enjoy the same kind of game. Some games will thrill, while others disappoint. We welcome accolades as well as constructive criticism.

Especially in the review thread, we want to focus the conversation on peoples' experiences playing the game. We ask that players abide by the Forum Rules and not talk about another person wrote their review. By remaining respectful of others, even when their opinions differ, we can ensure that the community feels safe enough for everyone to speak.

Please PM me or another member of the Moderation Team if a post ever appears to break the Forum Rules. We'll swim over as quickly as we can and take action as deemed necessary. We're also here to listen, so you're always welcome to reach out to one of us to get something off of your chest.

Thanks for your understanding and help. Please have a lovely rest of your weekend.

bfgBeruna

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Mar 10, 18 9:47 PM
What I hear people saying is that they think a lot of the high-star reviews being given out amount to little more than participation trophies. People have been expressing concern regarding what they perceive as the declining quality of pc games for years now. BF isn't unique in that regard; I see similar concerns being expressed in the forums of other game distribution sites, as well.

There appear to be those people who vent their frustration w/ this by attacking reviewers. It goes w/o saying, this is completely inappropriate. A potential customer's willingness to be guided by reviews in gauging the quality of a product is inherently self-correcting. If a person feels misguided by them, they'll simply learn to ignore them.

As for the quality of pc games, due to the economics involved, I think the trends of the past few years, such as games becoming shorter & more "cookie-cutter", are ones which we, as gamers, shouldn't realistically expect to see reversed. It really does seem to be a case of either adjusting one's expectations, or feeling disappointed on a regular basis.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Mar 11, 18 12:51 AM
You don't like the main page reviews? Don't read them! I I don't read them anymore!!!.

So many stars in your opinion? This is one of the many reasons why I don't read them!

Edited on 03/11/2018 at 12:52:38 AM PST

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Mar 11, 18 7:49 AM
Thank you to Minesita and NextGen!

Thank you for doing all the typing for me.

Another tip (aside from not reading them if you think they are too long or divulge too much) .

If you want to read the front page reviews but want to see it a different way, scroll down a little (yes, sometimes you have to work too) and change the sort order to the lowest rating first.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Mar 11, 18 9:34 AM
MsFreddie wrote:You don't like the main page reviews? Don't read them! I I don't read them anymore!!!.

So many stars in your opinion? This is one of the many reasons why I don't read them!

And I don't remember you criticizing the reviewers, only the games, which IMO are worst every year!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 11, 18 9:59 AM
Everyone has a different idea of what constitutes a good review. It doesn't matter how you write a review, someone isn't going to like it. If you enjoy writing reviews either in the forums or in the game download section, keep on doing it. It's unfortunate that some have stopped doing reviews due to negative feedback. As far as I know, nobody is being compensated in any way for writing reviews anywhere on this site (I don't count the "key contributor" or "top reviewer" things - those are words on a screen).

My motivation for doing game reviews is to help others find out more about a game. If someone dings me because they didn't like my writing style or they don't like that I enjoyed/didn't enjoy the game when they didn't/did, that's OK too. Trolls are everywhere in cyberspace and if you hang out on the internet regularly or long enough you're going to meet one sooner or later.

If you are being personally attacked in the forums, flag the posts and report it to the mods. If you are being personally attacked via PM, block the users in question. Happy posting/reviewing otherwise and don't take the riffraff personally.

Go to: