bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Laby

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 6, 10 12:05 AM
A wise and ancient Alchemist needs your help! Visit awesome towers, where mighty spirits of the elements are sleeping, and awake them to get the power of pure elements! With this power you can complete the experiment of the Philosophers’ Stone creation, the greatest mystery of alchemy! Enjoy classic Match 3 gameplay as you unlock tricky puzzles and dive into a fantastic adventure in Laby.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:Laby

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jul 6, 10 1:13 AM

After 30 minutes of demo, my heart is pounding lol!

It might just be the music, or it might be the pace of the game.

No shortage of available matches here!

A nice bit of humor thrown around at times.

Some pretty painful English going on.

Play is quite intense!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 6, 10 1:42 AM
_Angel_angel wrote:
Some pretty painful English going on.
:

Hi Angel_angel............couldn't agree more. Made me wonder if the game is really called 'Laby', or was it meant to be 'Lady', or 'Baby'! Guess we'll never know :-)
I'm so waiting for another fab M3.....this one isn't for me.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jul 6, 10 2:11 AM
belamba wrote:Made me wonder if the game is really called 'Laby', or was it meant to be 'Lady', or 'Baby'! Guess we'll never know :-)

That IS pretty scary as I was thinking the same thing!

Almost had Diet Pepsi squirting out my nose on that one hehehe!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 6, 10 4:08 AM
_Angel_angel wrote:
belamba wrote:Made me wonder if the game is really called 'Laby', or was it meant to be 'Lady', or 'Baby'! Guess we'll never know :-)

That IS pretty scary as I was thinking the same thing!

Almost had Diet Pepsi squirting out my nose on that one hehehe!

LOLOLOL!!!

je11ybean
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by je11ybean on Jul 6, 10 5:00 AM
Goofyduck77 - I totally agree with you. I played for 30 mins too and then gave up to come to the forum to see what others think. Where is the challenge? Maybe it gets better later on but I can't be bothered to struggle for another 30 mins to find out. Normally love Match3 games!

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Jul 6, 10 7:16 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:Not sure what was going on with this game. Maybe it gets interesting later on but I only played for about a half hour because I was bored to death. The match-3 speed was fine, the fact you could make matches while objects were still falling a huge plus, (hate the ones where you have to wait), and the music was interesting. BUT, where was the accomplishment factor? No background tiles to destroy, no count of how many of what kind you need. No tally of number of matches, no nothing. The points are meaningless to me. There was no fun in just making match after match without knowing what I was trying to accomplish. If it was just points, no thanks. I at least like to see what I am doing and how far along I am in order to win the level. It just didn't make any sense. Maybe I am missing something but it says a lot that I don't like this one because I adore match-3 games.

There is a tally - the meter at the bottom of the screen moves along as you match the correct elements. The meter has to be full to 'win' the screen. It took me a while to notice it though.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Jul 6, 10 8:44 AM
I normally love match3 games but this one made no sense to me. Started out very boring, just senselessly matching tile after tile....a no buy for me.

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Boring

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Jul 7, 10 2:32 PM
First time I was ever glad that a game errored out on me. I was honestly trying to give it a chance but was bored to tears. Not sure where the fast paced or challenging stuff comes in that previous people said. All you did was swap swap duh nothing to challenge that I saw. Hidden Object level turned me off also as it was another with a no hint scenario. I get really irate if I cannot progress on because I am missing one hidden object. Staring at the same screen for thirty minutes does nothing for me LOL Definite NO BUY for me I am off to uninstall. Good luck to all.

[Post New]by mebugs on Jul 8, 10 7:55 AM
It does get better. I played the whole game through...BUT, how do you use the "coins" . Points were suppose to add up to coins but never did. Major flaw. Disappointed, absolutly.

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by seaseaone on Jul 9, 10 6:33 AM
Oh I'm glad it wasn't just me confused about the coins, I have paid for only half a game methinks - and what I wouldn't give for a change of music!

[Post New]by docmeesh on Jul 9, 10 10:22 PM

Update: about the coins. they are used in the arcade version to buy 'pictures' from the gallery and new music. of course i saw no indication that the "arcade" vs "story" version of the game could be selected prior to creating the philosophers' stone.

playwise, the immovable stones remain easy to confuse with the gray tokens, and i didn't find earning gold coins to earn gallery pictures very interesting since the game play remained unchanged.

Edited on 07/11/2010 at 1:59:02 PM PST

hellfern
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by hellfern on Jul 19, 10 7:47 AM
Disappointed. The needed colors to fill the color meter are very limited in number. Also, don't like the fact that the power-ups are random and can't be placed by the player. I'll persevere, though.

Go to: