bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Caves And Castles: Underworld forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 12, 18 12:29 AM
Welcome to Caves And Castles: Underworld forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Caves And Castles: Underworld players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Caves And Castles: Underworld forum

[Post New]by MOM707175 on Mar 12, 18 8:18 AM
What are all these "Health/Wellness/Supplement" posts doing in this forum for "Caves and Castles: Underworld"? How do they get here in the first place?

bridie47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by bridie47 on Mar 12, 18 12:05 PM
yes wondered that too. seems to get on to a lot of the games. dammed annoying, especially when looking through the forums..

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Mar 12, 18 12:21 PM
The spam has been occurring every day on every forum for a few years now. This is nothing new and various BFG members have frequently complained about it. BFG clears them out each day after their staff gets into work after 8:00 a.m. PST. They have not been able to prevent them from being posted, even though they do block the ones who post them, because people keep coming up with new member names to enter them with, sometimes by just changing the number at the end of their member name.

The posts are fairly obvious with the wording of the subject matter, so it is easy to just ignore them and not read them. Although BFG does encourage members to click on them to report each one, I just skip over them and know that they will all be gone later in the morning (U.S. time).

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 14, 18 2:00 PM
Hey Everyone,

We certainly understand our players' concern about spam on the forums. I'd like to take this opportunity to elaborate a bit more on what Rob_Blake said. Spam posts come from people who have created (and continue to create) new accounts on the Big Fish Games site. These accounts in no way indicate any sort of security issue with the forums. The posts themselves are also fairly harmless since they contain no active links. We definitely recommend never copy-pasting any of the URLs from the posts nor calling any of the phone numbers from them.

Our Moderator team works to remove the posts as soon as possible. As Rob_Blake mentioned, the removal process usually starts after 8:00 AM Pacific Time since that is when our Moderators start work. We apologize for any inconvenience the presence of spam causes our players, and we appreciate everyone's patience and understanding while we work to remove these posts. For more information about the subject, please visit the following link:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - May 24, 2017

If it ever looks like we've missed a spam post, please PM one of our Moderators to let us know where the post is or the name of the player who made it. Reporting the post using the triangular button to the right side of the post can also be very helpful in making sure our Moderators are aware of the post and can take any appropriate action.

Please PM me if there are any questions or concerns about this. I'll be happy to provide any answers I can. Have a wonderful day, everyone.

bfgArinelle

Go to: