bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

New version available for Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones! July 6th 2010

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 6, 10 4:56 PM
We have a new version of Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones available now. This new version of the game fixes the issues below:

- Fixed the bug that was causing players to get stuck on the Bar.

- Added a SKIP button to the Movie Theater letters puzzle.

- Removed the need for OpenAL to be installed along with the game.

- Added a "Restart Level" option to the game menu so that those users who got stuck on the Bar can restart and advance.

- Made a couple modifications to the drawing code to (possibly) alleviate some of the Windows 64 bit issues.

- Made an adjustment to the level end system to prevent players from getting stuck.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If the update has not already populated your Game Manager, there is a way to manually check for waiting updates:

To manually check for updates:

Click on Game Manager Options
Then open the Games & Downloads tab.

Under the Game Updates section, select Manually
Then click Check for Updates

Your game manager will then show you any available updates that haven't already been downloaded.

For more information click on the following link to view our help article:

Game Updates in the Game Manager

You can also get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 08/24/2010 at 7:57:08 AM PST

Re:New version available for Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones! July 6th 2010

[Post New]by IslandDaisy on Jul 6, 10 6:05 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks very much for the update. Unfortunately, I still cannot finish the bowling alley scene. I get the guy talking to me at the end, he leaves the scene and I get stuck in the alley with nothing to do and no apparent way of exiting. The graphics are still very jumpy and jittery. I am not running 64bit and have Windows XP. Keep up the good work.

nemm555
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Thanks but

[Post New]by nemm555 on Jul 6, 10 6:27 PM
Sorry to say at the end of the bus scene i am still left with no cursor ,no inventory, nothing,, nowhere to go,,,had to control/alt and delete. Running Win xp

reada
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by reada on Jul 6, 10 6:59 PM
This is RIDICULOUS!! I see the lovely "sign" saying "SKIP" on the movie theatre. Unfortunately, when I press it, a superscript appears saying something like "I press the 'SKIP' button - but nothing happens!" Is this BFG's idea of some cosmic joke?? If you don't intend to provide a viable product, then refund my money! And PLEASE stop gibbering about how wonderful it is that a rep putatively from Mutant Arcade is taking an interest in this pathetic hose-up - ANYBODY can sign on saying they're from ANYWHERE!

[Post New]by petaeei on Jul 6, 10 8:10 PM
I was stuck on the billiard room and then downloaded the update but it has made no difference I am still stuck even when starting level several times. I cant seem to open the safe to find the remaining edible items. I have clicked on every item on both scenes and cant work out how to open it. Please help! I love this game but am now stuck and have spent 2 hours just on this scene!

hcatb
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hcatb on Jul 6, 10 8:13 PM
Well, I downloaded the new version because I couldn't play the original and now the game says "trial expired" even though I never played it! What's going on, BF?!

[Post New]by lil_nommer on Jul 6, 10 8:14 PM
petaeei- did you pick up the drill from the pool table hidden object? It should work on the safe. Hope this helps!

[Post New]by mutantarcade on Jul 6, 10 8:23 PM
Hi Reada--

Unfortunately, I don't have a good way to provide you with my credentials as one of the developers on Skymist - unless you'd like me to post some of the game's source code, which I assure you, is not a terribly exciting read.

Anyway, regarding the skip button - I'm not sure exactly where you're at on the puzzle, but assuming you're at the point where you're able to turn the letters on and off with the four red buttons in on the wall, what you need to do is work on the puzzle a bit - the way the skip button works is that it lights up (so you can use it) after you've spent a while trying to solve the puzzle.

I'm sorry this point in the game has been so frustrating for you, and I hope that this guidance helps you get through this part - if you're still stuck, please feel free to respond here or PM me, and I'd be glad to help you out some more!

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc. (really!)

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 8:26:13 PM PST

sharieanne
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sharieanne on Jul 6, 10 8:47 PM
Hi, game was good until I had to collect all the screws, then I just can't find all of them I'm stuck, help

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 6, 10 9:03 PM
sharieanne wrote:Hi, game was good until I had to collect all the screws, then I just can't find all of them I'm stuck, help

You will find a marked screenshot showing the position of all the screws in the Blog Walkthrough, so hopefully it will help.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 6, 10 9:14 PM
reada wrote:This is RIDICULOUS!! I see the lovely "sign" saying "SKIP" on the movie theatre. Unfortunately, when I press it, a superscript appears saying something like "I press the 'SKIP' button - but nothing happens!"

There are several scenes in the game where switches/buttons are available, but don't work until you've repaired the electrical power. This scene is one of them.

You will need to complete both zoom scenes and repair the power before any of the switches, including the SKIP button, will work.

Once you have the power on, the game requires you to make a few moves in the puzzle (you can just push the arrow keys over and over).

Eventually the SKIP button will light up, and then you can press it to skip the rest of the puzzle and continue.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by BlackPearl798 on Jul 7, 10 3:25 AM
Hi!

Downloaded the new version of the game, still NOT WORKING! Screen flashes and turns black. I´ve tried everything, nothing seems to be helpful. I have a laptop with Windows7 32bit, it´s relatively new so I definitely have the most recent versions of the flashplayer, videocard, shockwave etc.
Any ideas? I would really like to play the game.....

glascot
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by glascot on Jul 7, 10 4:25 AM
I can see the beautiful graphics but it is still centered in the middle of my 24" monitor LOL and much as I can see everything I will not buy a game that does not at least fill more than the middle of the screen.

Shame seems like it is a good game.

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Jul 7, 10 4:32 AM
Yay! The skip button worked! (Although someone has a sense of humor by programming in the message that it's a big button but nothing happens!). Thanks so much for responding to our pleas!

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Jul 7, 10 7:46 AM
I have my mug of beer! LOL Thanks so much, this is probably the best glitch fix experience I have been through. Kai, pass along my thanks for the game, the fix, the positive proactive attitude and the speed this problem was given.

[Post New]by joliffe on Jul 7, 10 10:51 AM
Have downloaded trial version and it will not run on my Windows 7 computer.

[Post New]by nessanana on Jul 7, 10 1:37 PM
I am stuck at the bowling alley, only way out is the escape key. and before that i had all sorts of flashing and shaking. VERY VERY disappointed a very buggy game. Did they do any beta testing at all!!
Not up to the usual Big Fish standard. Game should be removed till it works.

[Post New]by Scarlian on Jul 7, 10 2:23 PM
I too re-downloaded the game and it is still jittery when I went in to my game manger and looked manually for updates nothing shows. I am still stuck in the bowling alley.

muse13
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by muse13 on Jul 7, 10 2:27 PM
why couldn't this state clearly that the revised version is only for PC users? Very confusing, been downloading fresh MAC version and talking to live chat support and getting more and more frustrated that it doesn't contain the bug fixes and finally they tell me it's only for PC. Total waste of time!

When will the MAC revised version be out?

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jul 7, 10 3:22 PM
muse13 wrote:why couldn't this state clearly that the revised version is only for PC users? Very confusing, been downloading fresh MAC version and talking to live chat support and getting more and more frustrated that it doesn't contain the bug fixes and finally they tell me it's only for PC. Total waste of time!

When will the MAC revised version be out?

What exactly is broken in your Mac version? Mine ran flawlessly, maybe I can help.

Go to: