bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Post any Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 6, 10 4:57 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones technical issues here only

[Post New]by OliverSouth on Jul 6, 10 5:24 PM
The game was working fine until I did the update today. It now disappears to the task bar about every 5 minutes. I'm also stuck on the green letters, I did the walk thru and still can not pick up green stone.

grumpy1123
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by grumpy1123 on Jul 6, 10 6:36 PM
This is the first BF game that I've ever had problems with. The task bar across the bottom of my screen that shows Start, time, etc. is showing, shaking, and has wierd colors flashing while the game is on. I uninstalled th game and reinstalled it tonight, and it is still acting the same way. I have not received any message that was mentioned in another thread. Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jul 7, 10 1:07 AM

nelliegemini wrote:
I've tried it both ways, yes and no to the extra installer and it still doesn't work for me. I get the intro (a bit jerky) and the castle, then the top half of the screen changes to something a bit like a checkerboard superimposed on sky, with some sparkles, and flickers and nothing works, I have to CntrlAltDel to get out.

When the screen says 'loading', there is an opaque bar covering the word, looks a bit dodgy from there on in.

Pity.

Oh, Windows 7 by the way.

OK, so I've installed it on the PC which runs Vista (rather than my laptop with Windows 7), and it runs perfectly. I OK'd the extra download and have played 5 minutes of HOG fun with pretty backgrounds and well drawn objects.

However, if it wont run on my laptop, then I won't buy it, sale or no sale!

I posted the above comments in the now closed tech thread. I have deleted and downloaded the new version and no change from the above on the Windows 7 laptop. Haven't checked if the download still works on the Vista PC - plenty of other games in the sea, I will put this one down to experience (and file it in the bin with Flux Family Secrets lol)!

patcard
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by patcard on Jul 7, 10 6:26 AM
Wheelbarrow will not dump bricks!,and yes i have charged the battery.

Edited on 07/07/2010 at 6:31:14 AM PST

niki93
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by niki93 on Jul 7, 10 12:15 PM
I still can not get the 3 pool balls into the triangle, yes I read the walk thru but the balls will not go into the triangle any help please... ^.^

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jul 7, 10 1:49 PM
nelliegemini wrote:
nelliegemini wrote:
I've tried it both ways, yes and no to the extra installer and it still doesn't work for me. I get the intro (a bit jerky) and the castle, then the top half of the screen changes to something a bit like a checkerboard superimposed on sky, with some sparkles, and flickers and nothing works, I have to CntrlAltDel to get out.

When the screen says 'loading', there is an opaque bar covering the word, looks a bit dodgy from there on in.

Pity.

OK, so I've installed it on the PC which runs Vista (rather than my laptop with Windows 7), and it runs perfectly. I OK'd the extra download and have played 5 minutes of HOG fun with pretty backgrounds and well drawn objects.

I posted the above comments in the now closed tech thread. I have deleted and downloaded the new version and no change from the above on the Windows 7 laptop. Haven't checked if the download still works on the Vista PC - plenty of other games in the sea, I will put this one down to experience (and file it in the bin with Flux Family Secrets lol)!

It might be a good idea to run dxdiag immediately after you have a problem with the game; and then attach that file to an inquiry for tech support (using the Help link at the bottom of the column to the right of this one). If enough of us provide complete and accurate information about how the game performs on our computers, we may be able to get a solution.

By the way, I have Windows 7, and run Flux Family Secrets (both the original and the sequel); with absolutely no problems.

mimiismags
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mimiismags on Jul 7, 10 3:44 PM
my problem is a jerky curser which tends to disappear. On my laptop that has XP I didn't get the error message. Odd. I got it on my laptop with Vista.hmmm

muse13
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by muse13 on Jul 7, 10 5:19 PM
why aren't the bugs getting fixed for the MAC version? I am having the same problems described. Stuck in the bar scene.

package88
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by package88 on Jul 7, 10 7:39 PM
well my problem is that the game downloads but when i click on it to play i keep getting error access violation at 0X0a177277 (tried to write to 0x000001) program terminated this is how it is displayed and written word for word. I have installed uninstalled 3 times done everything that was recommended and still will not work! this error is like

trying to understand chinesse does anyone know what this means??????
I sure wish that we had a 800 #so we could talk to a live operator to walk us thru problems like this one!

Edited on 07/07/2010 at 7:43:49 PM PST

muse13
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by muse13 on Jul 8, 10 7:08 AM
package88 there is Live Chat for game club members. Works great. Go to help page, contact.

secondroe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by secondroe on Jul 8, 10 5:19 PM
I have installed and uninstalled this game 5-6 times, still get "error access violation at 0X0a177277". I would really like to try it, but alas, unless there is an answer to this, it will not happen. All other games I have work fine. Usually when I get this message, I can reboot and it goes away, but not one.

deelee53
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by deelee53 on Jul 8, 10 5:29 PM
I am having trouble wirh the green wheel. The pattern is brown, white, purple, with an arrow going to the right, then purple white brown with arrow going to left. The next one is turquoise, white, green and the arrow is pointed down. I am stuck, is there some one who can help me with this. By the way, finally made it through the bar scene thanks to your help.

[Post New]by veronique875 on Jul 13, 10 12:04 PM
It would be nice to be able to report any issue with this game but the only issue I have is that it won't start at all, I've tried the suggestions on the help pages, and I've written to customer support and received no answer. So I don't even know if its a good game or not.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 13, 10 4:29 PM
W7 laptop here, 15.6 widescreen, 64 bit. If you are seeing a task bar then you must be trying to play in windows mode, not full screen? Most new games will say on my options not available on windows. Of course full screen isn't, with the black borders on the sides and picture reduced some. There is no stretch option on my settings, I think the w7 driver at fault from what I've read.

However, FF2 CE plays beautiful and does fill the screen so I bought, the stretch option may cause some distortion but I like filling the screen, and it is HD as is my graphics card. Other that fills screen is Fiction Finders.Alice Wonderland but others that say full screen are small. Try not using windows. When I tried to check email and hit alt tab it crashed, had to close and resume and not do that again. If I need to check mail or a walkthrough I use other pc.

[Post New]by ummmmemily on Jul 22, 10 4:17 PM
I am having the same problem! I can't figure out how to fix it either! Let me know if you find a solution. Thanks

[Post New]by knitnweed on Jul 23, 10 7:16 AM
Avira found malware in this game I downloaded from Big Fish. It is the only game I have from Big Fish that has generated a virus warning - so far.

[Post New]by cwsculptor on Jul 23, 10 3:01 PM
I downloaded this game yesterday. It runs so fast I do not have time to read what is said (and I read quickly).
Additionally, the game does not save when I exit. It starts again from scratch, I must create my user name again and no progress is saved.
Any suggestions?

[Post New]by ladyj52 on Jul 26, 10 4:28 PM
I don't know if this is technical or me. I am stuck trying to unlock the blue socket panel and insert purified disc. I get the weird looking character with the gloved hands, fire and scarry voice. lol Can anyone help?

[Post New]by RoseDragonstar on Aug 8, 10 10:18 PM
nelliegemini wrote:
nelliegemini wrote:

Pity.

I'm running windows 7 64 bit and am experiencing exactly the same issues! I've already purchased the game so want it fixed - it looks really good and all the posts from people who are getting it to work seem really positive and i WANT TO PLAY

Edited on 08/08/2010 at 10:20:27 PM PST

Go to: